Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I love batman and hate Affleck, ever since he tried to have sex with my girlfriend in a very uncomfortable place..
    wait what?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I read somewhere the other day a very succinct summarization of Marvel vs DC movies ...

Marvel is trying to bring the Real World into a Comic Book.

DC is trying to bring a Comic Book into the Real World.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        wait what?
        mallrats

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Smith won't be a villian IMHO. He'll be the good guy in a bad situation ruining the entire squad
          I don't know any of these characters stories, but that's what it looked like in the commercial. He looked like a good guy forced into dealing with his circumstances... just my speculation. He didn't look like a bad guy.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            I don't know any of these characters stories, but that's what it looked like in the commercial. He looked like a good guy forced into dealing with his circumstances... just my speculation. He didn't look like a bad guy.
            deadshot is a guy who killed his brother aiming for his abusive father then became a sociopath that never misses. afaik

there is an entire area of my brain dedicated to that peice of knowledge.

Comment

• he isn't a good guy. i think that the arrow show did him justice, gave him ptsd. and the recent animated movie attack on arkam also.

i don't like the casting of smith in the roll. he is too likable on film and cartoonish as well. i have heard that the wife wants in the sequel now too. so then the son and the daughter after i assume

Comment

• I'll go see this Batman/Superman movie but I get the sense I won't be happy about it. Much more interested to see what Affleck does with the Batman movie he is directing. Perhaps we might be allowed to have some fun while watching that one cause this movie looks to be as mercilessly bleak, dark, depressing and humourless as the last Superman movie. DC/Warner Bros do realize that Superman isn't Batman, right?

Also, good to see they are continuing down the path of turning the paragon of virtue and righteousness that has been Superman for half a century into an amoral, bloodless, killer encouraged on by his mother. Good stuff DC. Next thing you know Marvel will have Spider-Man make a deal with the devil.... oh wait.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Also, good to see they are continuing down the path of turning the paragon of virtue and righteousness that has been Superman for half a century into an amoral, bloodless, killer encouraged on by his mother. Good stuff DC. Next thing you know Marvel will have Spider-Man make a deal with the devil.... oh wait.
                  I don't think that is what DC is trying to do. I think that is what they are trying to say the World views him as, after he destroyed a single city while saving the entire world. It's trying to convey that society, no matter how much good he actually did for us, will only see the Bad that he could possibly do. People are scared of what they don't understand.

At the conclusion of this movie, I can assure you that Supes will be in high standing once again... I think. Otherwise I have no idea whats going on. Lol

Comment

• been watching the end of the suicide squad trailer all day. now i want a joker movie. if we get enough joker i don't think will can ruin this for me. i think leto might be able to pull this off. that bit is sooooo good.

Comment

• it's the laugh. i hope that isn't a sound byte. he nails the laugh so good. perfect maniacal humor. guy at work asked me today where i thought his motivation was from, based on the 5 seconds we see joker. i think he amalgamated both jack and heath. he has the jovial happiness of jack and what seems like the reckless insanity of heath. fuck i hope will doesn't ruin this.

my new pick for biggest flop is fantastic 4. jesus. watched that trailer and it is stupid. just the scene where reed richards, smartest man in marvel universe, is still in the same grade as other kids his age and being ridiculed by his teacher. god. he would have graduated with honors in multiple, if not all, fields of scientific study. then when sue is like "now we can make a difference" as compared to when you were just the smartest person on the god damned planet. jesus christ that is going to be hokey.

i hope it fails and finally goes back to marvel or they cut deals like spiderman and let everyone make some money

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        it's the laugh. i hope that isn't a sound byte. he nails the laugh so good. perfect maniacal humor. guy at work asked me today where i thought his motivation was from, based on the 5 seconds we see joker. i think he amalgamated both jack and heath. he has the jovial happiness of jack and what seems like the reckless insanity of heath. fuck i hope will doesn't ruin this.
                        Totally agree that he nails the laugh. First time I heard it I was giddy like a school girl at a Justin Bieber concert.
                        But the other thing that I think will prove to be his differentiator, is the fact that I think he will be a lot more psychotic than either. Heath was more of an anarchist with a plan. Leto just seems like he wants to hurt people. And cut them up and stuff. Just a pure maniac.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Leto just seems like he wants to hurt people. And cut them up and stuff. Just a pure maniac.
                          agreed. seems he is going to have the sickening sense of humor. why i added the jack comparison. i hope we see him kill jason todd. seems like a good joker to lead, a couple batman movies later, into the killing joke, where we also retire batfleck.

crazy the excitement he has garnered from 5 seconds of footage. except for the "now let's go save the world" quote the whole trailer is good. i hope joker gets waller alone, but he won't. she is always ok

Comment

• There this 'Bonus Footage' from Comic Con at the end of the Trailer.
                            Skip to :50 -

"Getting the Squad back together? Sick!"

He's definitely going to have a sense of humour, and will likely be the comic relief needed for this universe... While still being the most insane version we've seen.

Comment

He's definitely going to have a sense of humour, and will likely be the comic relief needed for this universe... While still being the most insane version we've seen.
                              exactly what he is supposed to be, my favorite joker bit is a 2 second clip from when joker sees someone about to kill batman.

Comment

exactly what he is supposed to be, my favorite joker bit is a 2 second clip from when joker sees someone about to kill batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR4s15hlA2U thought i embedded it

Comment

Working...
                                X