TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Been watching Black Sails lately. I'm up to episode 14 and wow, spoiler ahead, you'll need to highlight the post to get the rest:

All that said, this series really picks up around episode 5 or 6. It was boring prior to that but I'm glad I stuck it out on the advice of people in here. On to episode 15 tonight.
    Ya that was pretty surprising .. its not something they really play up that much though. But ya, great series. From there it really only gets better.

Comment

• I'm catching up on Better Call Saul. Had both seasons on my DVR so finally got around to watching most of them. A few episodes into Season 2. I'm really liking it! Wasn't sure where'd they go with it, but I think its actually managed to find its own legs with some really interesting characters.

Totally different than Breaking Bad, but I'd say anyone who liked that, would be into BCS.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        Stranger Things on Netflix was pretty good, watched all 8 episodes on Sunday. Anybody that grew up in the 80's would have a good appreciation for this one. Now I'm just waiting for season 2 to get the green light.
        Yeah I just finished that the other day. Very solid considering they had to pack everything in to just 8 episodes.

Not sure if I want season 2 to be a continuation or a new story arc (ideal would be a few independent seasons that all collide in season 4 or 5). 80s stuff everywhere but not overdone.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Yeah I just finished that the other day. Very solid considering they had to pack everything in to just 8 episodes.

Not sure if I want season 2 to be a continuation or a new story arc (ideal would be a few independent seasons that all collide in season 4 or 5). 80s stuff everywhere but not overdone.
          They definitely left it open for continuation, but I kinda wanna see a new story line as well. That would be pretty cool if they all culminated in a later season. We shall see... a new season probably wouldn't begin until next year. I hate the waiting game, good thing there's plenty of good tv shows to watch in the meantime.

Comment

• Stranger things was good. Really enjoyed it. Watched all 8 episodes yesterday night.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Can't wait!! Looks like its going to be an EPIC second half to the season.

Comment

• Finally finished Peaky Blinders Season 1 yesterday. By the way things ended, season 2 should be a lot more exciting.

Comment

• You know, PAW Patrol isn't that bad. Kids sure like it.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    You know, PAW Patrol isn't that bad. Kids sure like it.
                    I don't get PAW Patrol. Most of the popular kids show I can appreciate why they are popular but that one I can't figure out. Our twins have no interest in it so it works out great for me.

I can handle a few of the kids shows: Backyardigans, Octonauts (our twins like the Creature Report part) and Bubbleguppies, are all pretty good. The Cat in the Hat show is decent (you can actually learn stuff even as an adult).

Right now, the twins will only really watch bits of shows other than their obsession with Cars and Walking with Dinosaurs.

Comment

• Stranger Things was really good.. love the nostalgia. Lots of 80's references. I read that the writers have an idea that can grow the series to 6-7 seasons.. their worry is the age of the kids. Kids are growing and that could mess up with their writing. Not everything can take place in the same year for example.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        I don't get PAW Patrol. Most of the popular kids show I can appreciate why they are popular but that one I can't figure out. Our twins have no interest in it so it works out great for me.

I can handle a few of the kids shows: Backyardigans, Octonauts (our twins like the Creature Report part) and Bubbleguppies, are all pretty good. The Cat in the Hat show is decent (you can actually learn stuff even as an adult).

Right now, the twins will only really watch bits of shows other than their obsession with Cars and Walking with Dinosaurs.
                        I'm not sure what it is, but I don't find PAW Patrol entertaining. Perhaps it's because it's only in small doses so far. Can't say the same for Octonauts, those guys creep me out.

Cat in the Hat is awesome, extra so because it's Martin Short. First time I heard the cat talk I did a double take.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Stranger Things was really good.. love the nostalgia. Lots of 80's references. I read that the writers have an idea that can grow the series to 6-7 seasons.. their worry is the age of the kids. Kids are growing and that could mess up with their writing. Not everything can take place in the same year for example.
                          Eh, I don't know about 6-7 seasons - not sure I'm interested in that. It was good. It was entertaining. It was stylish. But it only worked cause it was a self-contained story. Not sure how another 40 hours of an 80s period piece re-shooting classic 80s movie sequences will hold up, especially cause the underlying narrative here really isn't very strong. I sense this flying off the rails.

Comment

• Watched the Lethal Weapon tv show last night. Not half bad. I was expecting it to be just awful but it's pretty entertaining.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Watched the Lethal Weapon tv show last night. Not half bad. I was expecting it to be just awful but it's pretty entertaining.
                              thanks i was worried about this one. i was expecting damon to basically make two riggses.

Comment

• South park has been killing it this year.

I like Lucifer. Wife had me binge watch season 1 before season 2. It is pretty good. Lucifer as a really nice/honest guy who abhores rudeness and bad manners is pretty funny.

Lethal weapon has earned my season commitment.

Van helsing is brutal. Macguyver is lame but I will watch a few more episodes.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X