No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings is also off to a nice start of Season 4.5. Love the older sons angle.

Comment

• The Netflix mini-series of Gilmore Girls was fantastic (yes, I like/loved Gilmore Girls. I find the show funny, whimsical & charming. Lauren Graham is seriously underrated as an actress . IMO, that's how you do a revival.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        My friends were telling me this actually .. because I was saying how Walking Dead has basically forgotten about the whole "Zombies" part of their show, and they were saying that FTWD is more Zombie focused.
        Yeah, very zombie focused. Everyone isn't a zombie killing super hero. That said, people are still more dangerous than the zombies in this show as well.

Comment

Vikings is also off to a nice start of Season 4.5. Love the older sons angle.
          I only really like one out of the five. I'm pretty certain Ragnar is about to die a horrible death in a pit of vipers so hopefully they become more likable.

Comment

• Just finished season two of Zoo on Netflix. It's solid.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Everyone NEEDS to watch Westworld. Like now. I don't usually watch things twice, but I definitely plan on watching that debut season a few times.
              I was thinking the same. Final few episodes had me glued. Can talk about this show for hours.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I was thinking the same. Final few episodes had me glued. Can talk about this show for hours.
                I really don't know how they'll ever top that first season though .. it was almost TOO good! Not sustainable... or is it? Lol

But seriously, some of those reveals were just ..

Like I said, I'll be rewatching it very shortly I think.

Comment

• I finished off season two of Fear The Walking Dead last night. I have to admit, I like it. Its beginning to gravitate toward TWD territory but we'll but we'll see what happens next season. I was happy about a certain annoying character dying and oddly they didn't even give the person a proper Walking Dead send off. It was like "yeah, so he died and stuff...". Usually when that kind of thing happens on a show you automatically assume that the character is still alive but the way they did this one it left no doubt that he in fact is dead.

Comment

I really don't know how they'll ever top that first season though .. it was almost TOO good! Not sustainable... or is it? Lol

But seriously, some of those reveals were just ..

Like I said, I'll be rewatching it very shortly I think.
                    I've watched the first 6 episodes, gonna catch up on the final 4 this weekend I hope. It definitely got better in episodes 5 and 6!

Anyone watch Impractical Jokers? It's been a go-to show for me lately with a few marathons, I find it hilarious. I remember trying to watch it a year or two and didn't think it was funny at all... not sure what changed but it's good now.

Comment

• I'm having a hard time with Westworld.. got to episode 4 and it just seems really boring. I usually give a show 3 episodes and I gave this one 4. I just don't see why it's so popular.

Finished watching the first half of season 7 of TWD. Negan is an interesting character. Thought he'd just be the Governor all over again, but there is a difference to his madness. Interested in seeing how they regroup and and win this battle. Glad to see that their finally killing off some characters.

Comment

• VIKINGS SPOILERS

Wow, Vikings finally did it ... and they did it very well ... sooner than I expected, but I guess that is how they were able to keep us guessing, since we all knew it was coming.

I'm on board with the Ragarsons though; Between Bjorn, Ubbe and Ivar, plus with Lagertha back in charge of shit back home, I expect some serious badassery going forward. Very curious to see what they do with Ivar, but I've really liked what they've shown us from him .. the training scene where he embarrasses Sigert, and the camp scene where he does all that rolling around and stabby-stabby business.. sad to see Ragnar (and Travis Fimmel, who has been sensational) go out to brutally though.

Comment

• Apparently they had initially planned to kill Ragnar in season one, episode ten.

I liked the episode, I mean besides turning Egbert into a wuss. This is the same guy who killed all sorts of people who blocked his path of power and boned his sons wife but now suddenly he has a big, warm heart for a guy who's people he slaughtered a few seasons ago.

I'm not sure who the main character will be. My guess is Bjorn and Ivar.

Comment

• Vikings was based on real Viking sagas and events, no?

Ragnar in the sagas died in a pit of snakes and was avenged by his sons, which would make season 1 a bit early.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Vikings was based on real Viking sagas and events, no?

Ragnar in the sagas died in a pit of snakes and was avenged by his sons, which would make season 1 a bit early.
                              I'm just telling your what the director said.

Also there is more than one story of how he died. The pit of vipers is the most bad ass.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure who the main character will be. My guess is Bjorn and Ivar.
                                Ya, I thought that about that too, but then I thought "Who was the main character of Game of Thrones after they killed Ned?"

I don't think there needs to be a MAIN character; I think they've set it up where we now care enough about so many great characters, that Ragnar has truly given rise to a completely new saga in the show, and I think it was done brilliantly.

Like I said, between Bjorn, Ubbe and Ivar, I'm totally on board with all 3, just like John Snow and Dany's stories.
                                Sigert is weird, since he has an Irish accent .. it doesn't sit well with me, but maybe that'll be how Ireland gets started? Haha
                                Lagertha is still kicking ass, and Rolo is now on the expedition with Bjorn and the other Son.

With the story of the Great Heathen Army being one of the greatest Vikings tales ever, and the true "Tales of Ragnar's Sons" getting started, I almost feel like the first 4 seasons were just a lead up, or intro, to this new saga.

Comment

Working...
                                X