TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Haha. Good for her. Lol. Oh and by the way, Trump hates cheaters!

She referenced Trumps tweets in her monologue

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
      She referenced Trumps tweets in her monologue
      Really? This is getting a bit ridiculous. Do you have a video by any chance?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Really? This is getting a bit ridiculous. Do you have a video by any chance?
        There's a few videos on Youtube, if this link doesn't work, just search for Kristen Stewart with a 'Today' filter. The F bomb is at the end of the monologue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWL3ysxZ7ro

Comment

• Have you guys watched stranger things? Any suggestions for shows similar? I loved the way the whole world was immersed in the 80s and there was a really good balance between spooky sci-fi and the ordinary lives of the kids. Really really good. I started watching Wayward pines which is good but not great, it was directed by Shamalamadingdong and it's well done.

Anyways, any shows you guys recommend similar to stranger things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            Have you guys watched stranger things? Any suggestions for shows similar? I loved the way the whole world was immersed in the 80s and there was a really good balance between spooky sci-fi and the ordinary lives of the kids. Really really good. I started watching Wayward pines which is good but not great, it was directed by Shamalamadingdong and it's well done.

I think the whole thing with Stranger Things was there really isn't anything like it out there.

But if you're after that aesthetic, I guess you could watch the Outer Limits from the 90s.

If you're after the spooks/sci-fi, maybe the X-Files?

Comment

• Vikings ended well. Closure and loose ends, a good balance.

Comment

• Legion is premiering tonight on FX. Early reviews are positive, and that it's a different 'formula' than other mutant / superhero shows.

Comment

• Recommend the BBC series "Taboo". Set in the 1800s and stars Tom Hardy (and good cast). Includes Canada, Britain, US and the East India Co. (they just about ruled the world then lol). 5 of 8 episodes in the can. Brutality & intrigue.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    Have you guys watched stranger things? Any suggestions for shows similar? I loved the way the whole world was immersed in the 80s and there was a really good balance between spooky sci-fi and the ordinary lives of the kids. Really really good. I started watching Wayward pines which is good but not great, it was directed by Shamalamadingdong and it's well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Joey wrote: View Post
                    I think the whole thing with Stranger Things was there really isn't anything like it out there.

But if you're after that aesthetic, I guess you could watch the Outer Limits from the 90s.

If you're after the spooks/sci-fi, maybe the X-Files?
                    80's SciFi and horror.

I'd recommend Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Flatliners and The Lost Boys if you haven't seen them. The last two star a young Keefer Sutherland.

If you enjoyed the kids part then Goonies and Stand By Me are two great picks.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      80's SciFi and horror.

I'd recommend Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Flatliners and The Lost Boys if you haven't seen them. The last two star a young Keefer Sutherland.

If you enjoyed the kids part then Goonies and Stand By Me are two great picks.
                      There are entire scenes from Stranger Things that are rip-offs, er, I mean, tributes to 80s movies. The most obvious one is ET. Apollo is definitely right on the Goonies and Stand by Me, though, I don't necessarily agree with the references to the horror movies he listed. I would add shows such as: The Last Starfighter, Firestarter and The Thing.

For me, I kept thinking about Stephen King's It. That book has a lot of similarities to the tone and feel of the show, though, it isn't an 80s movie or show.

As for newer stuff, X-Files is the obvious one, though, I don't think the show really borrows much from it. Not the new X-Files, that was terrible, go back to the original series.

Comment

• Another movie from the 80's I liked back in the day was Tremors. It had Kevin Bacon in it and was a pretty good ride from beginning to end. It was more action than horror but it did involve monsters trying to eat them. I leave it there though and get back to TV shows seeing how this is the TV thread.

Comment

• Hrm .. thread discipline on the RR forums!?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Another movie from the 80's I liked back in the day was Tremors. It had Kevin Bacon in it and was a pretty good ride from beginning to end. It was more action than horror but it did involve monsters trying to eat them. I leave it there though and get back to TV shows seeing how this is the TV thread.
                            I love that movie.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              I love that movie.
                              Cult classic.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                There are entire scenes from Stranger Things that are rip-offs, er, I mean, tributes to 80s movies. The most obvious one is ET. Apollo is definitely right on the Goonies and Stand by Me, though, I don't necessarily agree with the references to the horror movies he listed. I would add shows such as: The Last Starfighter, Firestarter and The Thing.

For me, I kept thinking about Stephen King's It. That book has a lot of similarities to the tone and feel of the show, though, it isn't an 80s movie or show.

As for newer stuff, X-Files is the obvious one, though, I don't think the show really borrows much from it. Not the new X-Files, that was terrible, go back to the original series.
                                "It" was made into a mini series in the late 80s or early 90s. Tim curry played the clown.

Comment

Working...
                                X