No announcement yet.

The Space Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underground white, and green marsians?

Comment

• this is my sleep white noise. it's an hour and a half, and there are two versions to choose from. one from alec baldwin, and one from sean pertwee. i usually fall asleep around jupiter, or saturn. the full video is worth watching too.

pertwee

baldwin

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W7oLE05JoA

parallel universe where time runs backwards. a lot about neutrinos. i can't find it now, but brian cox has an easy experiment with beer that observes neutrinos. easy and fun.

Comment

• Big day! Congrats to SpaceX on this.

Comment

• Dwarf planet Ceres is an 'ocean world,' NASA finds

Data from Dawn spacecraft shows large reservoir of salty water under surface
            https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/c...orld-1.5681683

"Ice volcanoes" and a salt water ocean. Amazing, there might be all sorts of sea creatures inhabiting the planet. Have you ever seen sea creatures from earth that live deep down where the sun can't reach? Some of them look totally alien. Can you imagine how crazy looking Ceres creatures might be? Or how huge or tiny they might be? If there is life there that is.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/c...orld-1.5681683

"Ice volcanoes" and a salt water ocean. Amazing, there might be all sorts of sea creatures inhabiting the planet. Have you ever seen sea creatures from earth that live deep down where the sun can't reach? Some of them look totally alien. Can you imagine how crazy looking Ceres creatures might be? Or how huge or tiny they might be? If there is life there that is.
              Man, I'm not convinced half the crazy shit that lives in our oceans aren't Aliens. Lol So really I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff living in Ceres oceans doesn't look more "normal" than some of ours. Cool time to be alive!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Man, I'm not convinced half the crazy shit that lives in our oceans aren't Aliens. Lol So really I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff living in Ceres oceans doesn't look more "normal" than some of ours. Cool time to be alive!
                Isn't there some theory that the octopus exhibits some characteristics that indicate it may not have originated on Earth? Is that some misnomer? Who knows, but you could take half of those creatures from the sea and I would guess they are alien lol.

Comment

• Comment

• Jeff Bezos invites you for a trip on his Blue Origin @ $ 55 mill. a seat for a romp around space.

The last test flight with Mannequin Skywalker ... looks pretty flawless

Comment

• I worked on the FGS subsystem of James Webb, NASA just published some images it captured during testing. Pretty cool, considering the instrument isn't even meant to capture images.

Full images expected to go public from the actual science instruments next week.

Webb’s Fine Guidance Sensor Provides a Preview – James Webb Space Telescope (nasa.gov)
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I worked on the FGS subsystem of James Webb, NASA just published some images it captured during testing. Pretty cool, considering the instrument isn't even meant to capture images.

Full images expected to go public from the actual science instruments next week.

Webb’s Fine Guidance Sensor Provides a Preview – James Webb Space Telescope (nasa.gov)
                        You worked on the JWST?! That's the coolest thing ever. You're basically a nerd celebrity. Lol I can't wait to see this thing flex and show what it's really capable of.

Comment

You worked on the JWST?! That's the coolest thing ever. You're basically a nerd celebrity. Lol I can't wait to see this thing flex and show what it's really capable of.
                          Yeah, I started on it in my co-op terms in university, and although I'm still in the same field and organization to this day, nothing I've done since has been nearly as cool.

Also, that's nearly 15 years ago now... Takes a while to design, build and test a space telescope!
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• First pic getting released tonight by the POTUS himself. Pumped.

Comment

First pic getting released tonight by the POTUS himself. Pumped.
                              LOL he couldn't wait for tomorrow. It's been almost 20 years of development, pulls it forward like 18 hours.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

LOL he couldn't wait for tomorrow. It's been almost 20 years of development, pulls it forward like 18 hours.
                                Right?! I thought it was pretty hilarious, but hey, anything for some good PR. Lol

And .. it didn't disappoint!

Comment

Working...
                                X