Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Day. And Nav politicizing the Raptors Org. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    But as I mentioned earlier, I just can't see someone who makes $300,000 a year giving that up to go work at McDonalds just so they can pay less in Taxes. There will always be incentive to work hard, unless the Rich are being taxed such that they end up making no more after tax than someone who earns $45,000-$90,000; which is obviously far from the actual case.
    No, that won't happen.

What they will do is invest their capital with enough return to look after themselves.

They won't care to pursue opportunities to enrich others because there won't be any incentive for themselves - just more risk and more work for less reward.

When you create an environment that discourages success, you won't have any success at all.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      this is it, I do think the government is bloated, but we are at a point economically where measures need to be taken lest a large majority of the county falls further behind the 8ball.

I think everyone should have to pay an equal amount of taxes. 20%, or 30% or whatever. in a perfect society it would all be the same amount.

I do believe that this appears to be a government that is going to set the country on a path towards making that happen through sound investments into its own infrastructure. A governments spending should be able to offset itself if done properly.

Stop lending to other countries until ours is fixed

Start scaling back social benefits, if someone is on welfare, they should be forced to find work by an automatic scaling back of the benefits based on time on them. There are far too many peope perfectly content to sit on their ass and draw welfare checks, scaling back those benefits will put an end to it.

Can only get a part time minimum wage job? great, here is a check to boost your paycheck up to a level that can sustain yourself.

No sitting on your ass getting money for getting pregnant/high

Our country is nearly broken, it needs help. Our government is asking you to help, it sucks but the alternative is far worse.

Income tax is not the answer. There should be no income tax. It would create much less burden on employers and it would create much less expense for government to enforce and collect.

Consumption tax is the answer. Those who consume the most will pay the most.

The American Revolution was inspired by taxation without representation. The Western world is reaching a breaking point where a revolution is coming. The only question is does the revolution create a totalitarian state or does it abolish the oligarch and return to capitalism?

Capitalism and democracy go hand in hand.

Comment

Whoever is willing to try and make Canada better for everyone, while cleaning up and streamlining the waste is good by me.

I dont care if they are green, orange, blue or red.

Fix our infrastructure, create more jobs, improve our dollar and gdp, take steps to improve the earth, and treat everyone the same regardless of colour, religion, culture....or....income levels.
        Snooch wrote: View Post
        Next we need to go after the rich who sit on their asses and make massive amounts of money.

Those whose portfolios are so large they make more than the province of PEI just by being their granddaddys grandkid.

The people sitting on their asses making massive amounts of money are the very people who can do the things you are advocating in the first post.

It is human nature to desire incentive.

In your second post, what is the difference between your statements about taking rich people's money and a thug holding up a private convenience store?

Comment

• Meh, I'm just happy our new PM is good looking.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Income tax is not the answer. There should be no income tax. It would create much less burden on employers and it would create much less expense for government to enforce and collect.

Consumption tax is the answer. Those who consume the most will pay the most.

The American Revolution was inspired by taxation without representation. The Western world is reaching a breaking point where a revolution is coming. The only question is does the revolution create a totalitarian state or does it abolish the oligarch and return to capitalism?

Capitalism and democracy go hand in hand.
            truth.

but we need to start someplace, and equalized income taxes is the next step.

Once we get a system in place that starts the wheels turning

Comment

The people sitting on their asses making massive amounts of money are the very people who can do the things you are advocating in the first post.

It is human nature to desire incentive.

In your second post, what is the difference between your statements about taking rich people's money and a thug holding up a private convenience store?
              its not done on the street.

it would be higher taxes on interest/diidend/capital gain income.

Comment

its not done on the street.

it would be higher taxes on interest/diidend/capital gain income.

Theft is theft.

Taking what is not yours is wrong no matter where it is done.

Dividend, interest, and capital gains are the incentive to out capital to work.

If you take away the incentive, you harm many more through lost opportunities from investment.

Crony capitalism through corrupt government is what so many are rebelling against here.

Real capitalism is the answer to the problems we face.

But the politicians rather publicly blame the rich while privately taking their money to protect and enrich them through the back door. It is a win-win for politicians and government. They get support from the very voters they are screwing.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  Let's say Slaw does make $300,000 per year. Do you know what he has to do to earn that kind of money? What if he owns a small business that employs 10 people? Does he not deserve to earn the fruits of what he created without being demonized for it? What if he's a welder that sacrifices time with his family by traveling all over Canada trying to build a nest egg to get ahead in life a bit? What if he's a doctor that accrued $150,000 in student loans and after years of schooling and sacrifice is finally able to help people?
                  what if he is a demon breaking every law because he actually makes 500 000 per year

Comment

Theft is theft.

Taking what is not yours is wrong no matter where it is done.

Dividend, interest, and capital gains are the incentive to out capital to work.

If you take away the incentive, you harm many more through lost opportunities from investment.

Crony capitalism through corrupt government is what so many are rebelling against here.

Real capitalism is the answer to the problems we face.

But the politicians rather publicly blame the rich while privately taking their money to protect and enrich them through the back door. It is a win-win for politicians and government. They get support from the very voters they are screwing.
                    i agree but incentive to invest would still be there, as long as returns exceed the cost people with excess money will invest it.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      Meh, I'm just happy our new PM is good looking.

Just not ready but nice hair though?

Failed advertising.

Comment

• I did my best Justin Trudeau explaining something important while walking up an escalator backwards impersonation on my wife last time we were at the mall. I got her laughing. That was one of my most memorable parts of the campaign, that commercial.

Prime Minster Trudeau definitely seems more relatable to the masses than anyone I recall in recent memory.You'd probably have to go back to his old man, which is before my time.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I did my best Justin Trudeau explaining something important while walking up an escalator backwards impersonation on my wife last time we were at the mall. I got her laughing. That was one of my most memorable parts of the campaign, that commercial.

Prime Minster Trudeau defiantly seems more relatable to the masses than anyone I recall in recent memory.You'd probably have to go back to his old man, which is before my time.
                          You're right, trust fund kids are so relatable. Dude has one of the rarest and most expensive cars in the world. Totally relatable.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

You're right, trust fund kids are so relatable. Dude has one of the rarest and most expensive cars in the world. Totally relatable.
                            you have been pushing trump

Comment

So you related well to Harper, Martin, Chrétien, Mulroney, anyone?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                you have been pushing trump
                                No I haven't I think trump is a terrible candidate and a liability. What I said was trump is saying the things that people think.
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X