The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I hate episodic games. If I'm interested in something like that I just wait for the complete edition and probably also save a few bucks along the way.
    Yeah they also made the decision to release it like that last minute. They changed their release plan multiple times. Most of the game isn't complete after years of development and they sound shady in their interviews. But the one level they have shown does look great. The demo they released was meh.

I loved hitman absolution tho, some great levels in that game.

Comment

I hate episodic games. If I'm interested in something like that I just wait for the complete edition and probably also save a few bucks along the way.
      They won't charge extra from what I've heard. I'm pretty sure it's a one time pay and they kind of just update it every month with new missions and content

Comment

• I also don't want to pay full retail for something like this. What if the game goes to shit after the first episode? It just seems like an unappealing model for consumers. It's almost like early access only you pay full retail. I'll never pay upfront for an episodic season pass deal, I hate the idea personally.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          They won't charge extra from what I've heard. I'm pretty sure it's a one time pay and they kind of just update it every month with new missions and content
          No that was the case the first time they changed their release plan. They have since changed it again and will be giving the option to pay for everything up front or to pay less for individual slices of the game.

Comment

• Been confirmed that the second DLC for the division turns the entire map into a dark zone and it will be more survival based. People will need to keep finding supplies to survive (food, water) and will provide more reason to kill each other in order to survive. Sounds pretty sick. Loot trading and raids have been confirmed too. The third DLC provides base building and defense systems kinda like zombie mode or siege in order to defend a base against waves.

Comment

• Why does this feel like the longest day of work ever...

Comment

• Joey, a recommendation for your new PC build: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...T7Vv5eSw&ven2=,

Can you imagine?! I think that's USD. You could go out and buy a pretty good car or bike for that price.

Comment

Joey, a recommendation for your new PC build: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...T7Vv5eSw&ven2=,

Can you imagine?! I think that's USD. You could go out and buy a pretty good car or bike for that price.
                  LOL Oh WOW. That's actually outrageous.

Comment

• Dude, you're getting a Dell.

Actually, no. I have kids I plan to put through college someday. LOL

Comment

• dell has some nice game machines. the alienware is great. they have these computer "cities" here, in china. entire buildings, 5 floors +, of just different computer shops. it's a frankenstien makers dream. they also have real stores and the alienware gear looks great. they have whole setups you can buy for 30 000 yuan and up that include the chair and connected table. the equipment provides everything but the mouth that blows you non stop while you play video games.

Comment

• That's pretty cool. When I bought my new PC last year I did so through NCIX.com. Reason being I could pick out all the specific parts I wanted and for a small fee they assembled it for me and shipped it out. All I had to do was pop in the graphics card. This method offers the best value I could find if you don't want to put the whole thing together yourself.

Going forward I will make all upgrades installations myself and slowly learn about all the inner workings that way; honestly I'm not all that interested in hardware, I'm just interested in getting the most bang for my buck.

Comment

That's pretty cool. When I bought my new PC last year I did so through NCIX.com. Reason being I could pick out all the specific parts I wanted and for a small fee they assembled it for me and shipped it out. All I had to do was pop in the graphics card. This method offers the best value I could find if you don't want to put the whole thing together yourself.

Going forward I will make all upgrades installations myself and slowly learn about all the inner workings that way; honestly I'm not all that interested in hardware, I, just interested in getting the most bang for my buck.
                          pretty much every 2-3 years i upgrade. i have found that sticking with quality saves money. asus gaming board, intel i7 chips, real nvidea graphics cards. the ram i don't care about or the fan, hard drive and power source. cheaper brands are fine for them. but your big three should be the best you can buy in quality before specs

Comment

• FYI for anyone looking for protection or are about to renew, Bitdefender Family Pack 2016 is half price right now. It's a pretty good deal.

Here's a pretty good site that shows the performance of most products on the market: http://chart.av-comparatives.org/cha...&sort=0&zoom=2

Comment

• PlayStation Virtual Reality launching for C$549 in October. And there's going to be a Star Wars Battlefront VR "experience". Haven't gamed in a while but this might get me to bite.

Comment

• That's actually not a bad price but I will still wait until next year and see how all three workout.

Comment

Working...
                                X