The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Ya between that, Star Citizen and No Mans Sky, it definitely feels like we are in the golden age for Virtual Space exploration .. No Mans Sky looks pretty incredible ... read somewhere that if there were 100,000 people discovering new planets and stars every minute, it would still take something like a million years to discover the whole of the algorithmic universe they've created .. its wild.
    Yeah its pretty unbelievable. Where to start? Lol

Comment

• I just saw a trailer for the fallout 4 expansion and was blown away by how bad the graphics, environment and movement looked. I thought i was watching a trailer for what looked to be a really crappy amateur pc game with ps1 type graphics and was pretty shocked to see fallout 4 expansion at the end of the trailer. Really blew me away. Of course i know the game is amazing and absolutely massive and the graphics arent so important but was just surprised.

Comment

• i am grabbing doom this week. i have to put in orders for games because the government only allows a very small selection of titles, to protect the children of course, so waiting for my call that it is arrived. i wasn't going to buy it but then i read this review.

"As usual, you play as a nameless space marine whose goal is to blast armies of demons off of Mars and back to Hell. Why are demons invading Mars? Something, something, power source, something, something. It doesn’t matter."

"This is a game about cutting monsters in half with a goddamn chainsaw, and it makes no apologies for it."

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/review-he...154757644.html

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          i am grabbing doom this week. i have to put in orders for games because the government only allows a very small selection of titles, to protect the children of course, so waiting for my call that it is arrived. i wasn't going to buy it but then i read this review.

"As usual, you play as a nameless space marine whose goal is to blast armies of demons off of Mars and back to Hell. Why are demons invading Mars? Something, something, power source, something, something. It doesn’t matter."

"This is a game about cutting monsters in half with a goddamn chainsaw, and it makes no apologies for it."

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/review-he...154757644.html
          Yeah i was skeptical about doom at first but it looks like alotta fun and got good reviews

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            I just saw a trailer for the fallout 4 expansion and was blown away by how bad the graphics, environment and movement looked. I thought i was watching a trailer for what looked to be a really crappy amateur pc game with ps1 type graphics and was pretty shocked to see fallout 4 expansion at the end of the trailer. Really blew me away. Of course i know the game is amazing and absolutely massive and the graphics arent so important but was just surprised.
            I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Lol I've got a top of the line rig and the game looks fantastic for me. Especially with 4k texture mod packs. The atmostphere and immersion is what counts for me most, and they've done a great job of capturing that. Going to be playing Far Harbor for the first time today me thinks, so am looking forward to exploring the new world.

Comment

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Lol I've got a top of the line rig and the game looks fantastic for me. Especially with 4k texture mod packs. The atmostphere and immersion is what counts for me most, and they've done a great job of capturing that. Going to be playing Far Harbor for the first time today me thinks, so am looking forward to exploring the new world.
              Was just an ad i saw running before a youtube video and thats really what it looked like, no exaggeration. Im sure it looks better on a good rig tho.

Comment

• total war warhammer seems good. haven't had time to delve very deep. i haven't played a total war game in like a decade though and was expecting to play table top like warhammer but on my computer. haha.

doom is good. pretty fun. if you play it jump up the difficulty level for seriousness.

Comment

I also have a sweet PC and the game runs well and looks great. At launch when it was getting hammered by reviewers of both consoles my game was chugging along just fine.

Comment

• The Video Game Thread

Just finished Uncharted 4 story line last night. Fantastic game throughout.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Just finished Uncharted 4 story line last night. Fantastic game throughout.
                      I loved it but I thought they should have kept some features from Uncharted 3. Like the grenade throw back, that shit was so much fun to do in single player and especially multiplayer.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        I loved it but I thought they should have kept some features from Uncharted 3. Like the grenade throw back, that shit was so much fun to do in single player and especially multiplayer.
                        Yeah that feature would have been a nice return but overall, hard to really complain about anything.

Only complaint about multiplayer so far is that one time it took my relic points when I tried to swap out the challenge but didn't give me new challenges. Sniper challenge is frustrating because not many maps are well suited for sniper rifle.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Yeah that feature would have been a nice return but overall, hard to really complain about anything.

Only complaint about multiplayer so far is that one time it took my relic points when I tried to swap out the challenge but didn't give me new challenges. Sniper challenge is frustrating because not many maps are well suited for sniper rifle.
                          The sniper is relatively easy to use. You just have to pick and choose your spots, it depends on the map really. I'm getting really good with the rope takedowns tho

Comment

• the more i play total war warhammer the more i like it. i did just buy lords of the realm 2 from steam for only 2.99 which was a great game when i was younger
                            Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed Jun 1, 2016, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              the more i play total war warhammer the more i like it. i did just buy lords of the realm 2 from steam for only 2.99 which was a great game when i was younger
                              That game saved my ass on multiple rainy days when I was a kid.

Some random game play I found online:

Oh the nostalgia. haha

Hey Miek, if you like this and Total War then you may love Mount & Blade Warband. You should look into, it's an awesome game. It's also dirt cheap, going on sale many times a year.

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/filter:...cut/75/100,&pc
                              Do you know about this place? It's the ultimate place to find steam code deals.

Comment

• Still grinding away at Dark Souls when I get time:

For a five year old game it looks outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X