The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

2 10 pound dumbells, and 1 10 kg medicine ball. when you are on turn 150+ in civ you have about 30 seconds for curls, squats, push ups.

baldur's gate 3 cinematic is sick as fuck. forget ten, dragons ftw.
    Funny you should mention that. I also re-installed Civ V as well.

Hmm not confident my PC can even run BG3. Just scanned my PC systemrequirementslab.com and it turns out I can run most of the top 100 games they've ranked at the recommended setting but there are some new games I can't run on minimum like Cyberpunk(I know its not out yet), Rust and L4D3. I'm not too sure about the site's accuracy though because it says I can't run FO4 at recommended settings, yet I just test ran it on ultra perfectly with a really good frame rate; must have been 60fps.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      So I played the FFVII Remake demo over the weekend. It is gonna be a fun ride when it drops next month. I liked everything about the demo.
      I had thought it was coming out on PC, but I guess no announcement yet. Was pretty bummed about that, as I really want to play this when it comes out next month. Hopefully they announce the PC drop soon.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I had thought it was coming out on PC, but I guess no announcement yet. Was pretty bummed about that, as I really want to play this when it comes out next month. Hopefully they announce the PC drop soon.
        I'm not sure why they went that route. I will be getting it day one all things considered now. Not too many games get me really excited any more but I am excited for that one like its game one of the NBA finals, Raptors v Warriors. Cloud gonna go full on Playoff Kawhi in my house this April!

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I'm not sure why they went that route. I will be getting it day one all things considered now. Not too many games get me really excited any more but I am excited for that one like its game one of the NBA finals, Raptors v Warriors. Cloud gonna go full on Playoff Kawhi in my house this April!
          Ya, especially considering that the game is developed on PC. Makes no sense. I expect it will come eventually, but I hate how PC releases are always delayed because of stupid Sony or Microsoft paying billions for exclusivity for a year or whatever it is.. which is probably what it is.

Comment

Ya, especially considering that the game is developed on PC. Makes no sense. I expect it will come eventually, but I hate how PC releases are always delayed because of stupid Sony or Microsoft paying billions for exclusivity for a year or whatever it is.. which is probably what it is.
            FFVII was originally exclusive but I'm sure this is not about nostalgia and is what you said: truck loads of cash were provided. Microsoft gamers also must wait. It would be nice if they at least gave a timeline, surely they know exactly when they are legally allowed to bring it to PC & Xbox.

Comment

• Apollo My Punisher inspired Fallout 4 build. "His family was taken from him ... now no one is safe in the Wasteland" kinda thing. Lol All custom textures, and lots of gun packs which I don't think you can even download anymore.

image_476.jpg

20180908212651_1.jpg

20180911152622_1.jpg

20180908221605_1.jpg

20171023171055_1.jpg
              Last edited by Joey; Fri Mar 20, 2020, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Apollo My Punisher inspired Fallout 4 build. "His family was taken from him ... now no one is safe in the Wasteland" kinda thing. Lol All custom textures, and lots of gun packs which I don't think you can even download anymore.

image_476.jpg

20180908212651_1.jpg

20180911152622_1.jpg

20180908221605_1.jpg

20171023171055_1.jpg
                That is really cool Joey. Awesome looking build and nice weapons room too by the way. I downloaded my last cloud save and played around for a few hours last night. I had one amazing moment where I was scouting some raiders on a bridge when an attack aircraft swooped into battle them. Then I hear something coming from behind me, I turn around and OMG it's a damn behemoth super mutant! Naturally I hide behind my sidekick because he is the perfect shield and the battle kicks off. As the behemoth falls from like four sniper rounds to the face, that aircraft fighting the raiders spins out of control and crashes about 25 feet from where I am standing, BOOM. Naturally had to avenge them. I was going to snipe the raiders but after that I needed to send a more up close and personal message so we walked over there and paid them a visit.

I also decided to try EA Access for a month on PS4(wasn't even aware this was a thing until yesterday) and I'll get to go through a couple games I've been meaning to play in Madden 20 and Titanfall 2, plus whatever, maybe a Battlefield or two. Honestly, the number of games they offer is not impressive but it's enough for a one time, one month $4.99 subscription.
                Last edited by Apollo; Fri Mar 20, 2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• My quarantine playlist so far has been, NBA2k and WWE 2k17 on PS4, restarted God of War on PS3, and fired up some MVP Baseball 2004 on my original xbox. None of them have been played extensively as I've been playing more board games, some epic Gloomhaven, super hard Spirit Island, and some light and easy Marvel Legendary.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I have more work than usual these days so no gaming to me. Only today I've managed to spend an hour playing Dota and now I'm deciding either to play Kenshi or Rimworld. If this whole lockdown thing lasts then I'll probably lose some of my clients resulting in more time for video games.

I can't wait for my new gaming laptop to arrive though. HP has insanely good value offers on their website right now, the only downside is that for the discount you get, you'll have to wait up to a month for them to assemble your purchase.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• skyrim is a 2 player game now.

Comment

• Anyone play The Division?
                        Seeing the Field Hospitals being set up in Central Park in New York City is eerily reminiscent of that game. One of the craziest scenes in the whole game is when you finally make it as far north as Central Park and you see all the bodies and left over equipment ... if that game had it right, then Madison Square Garden will be next to be converted into a Field Hospital. GREAT game. Go play it.

Comment

• One of the learnings that came out of Italy was that if they had the their time back the spread might have been much less if that had facilities away from other hospitals dedicated solely to COVID19.

Comment

• The FFVII Remake is only a week away now. I am looking forward to it.

Finished Titanfall 2 a couple days back. I only played the campaign but it was pretty damn entertaining and the titan boss fights all offered something new to figure out.

Making my way through GTAV story mode now in the first person view. Never tried it from this perspective before. It's better like this.

Comment

• Anyone going to watch the 2k Players Tourney tonight?? Should be good entertainment.

Comment

• I missed that. Was is it fun to watch? Were they mic'd up like any gamer would be or were they on Skype or something as well? I'm really craving sports so much to the point I'm considering getting DAZN to re-live the NFL season. Its too bad they don't have the NBA or NHL on contract because they offer a monthly sub after a one month free trial.

The reviews are in on FFVII-Remake and the verdict is it's really, really, really good.

So, I pre-ordered last night and the game is sitting on my PS4 right now waiting to be released on Good Friday. A digital pre-order doesn't give you much but I was getting it anyway so why not? You get a theme, which I tried out and is very mediocre. You also get a Chocobo Mog summon materia, which was very crap in the original game. Maybe it packs a bigger punch in the remake. Anyway, I might redo the demo again because its not like my calendar is filled up with fun vacation destinations and other activities this spring...

Comment

Working...
                                X