The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    And I'm home indefinitely. I'll need a few new hobbies for ??? amount of time. So, beyond setting up my home gym and working out at home(which takes major will power with all the other temptations around the house), I'm dusting off the old gaming PC. Not going to bore anyone with the specs but she was a total beast in 2015 and I'm hoping it can handle anything new I'll throw at it. First up though, I just re-installed Fallout 4. The Nvidia app optimized it to Ultra @ 1080p and so now I am ready... That said, guys, give me all your favorite mod recommendations.

Also, how are you all doing right now? You getting some gaming in? I hope you're all safe and sound and enjoying some recreational gaming during these very difficult times.

Miekenstien
    Machine
    Joey ​​
    planetmars
    RandomGuy​​​
    NoPropsneeded
    Axel
    rocwell

I been trynna start the home workouts as well but to no avail. Its tough being motivated when you sleep hella late every night and wake up past noon. Gotta fix my sleep schedule if I wanna workout seriously.

As for games, I finally got around to starting the witcher 3 and I've been playing Call of Duty Warzone with the boys. Witcher 3 is excellent and I'm glad I put it off cause now I have the time to fully enjoy it, there's so much content its ridiculous (in a good way). Warzone on the other hand is just another battle royale except it call of duty style so its faster paced. I find it more fun than Apex, there's less emphasis on gear and there isn't a million different types of body armour.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I had thought it was coming out on PC, but I guess no announcement yet. Was pretty bummed about that, as I really want to play this when it comes out next month. Hopefully they announce the PC drop soon.
      Final Fantasy is a playstation staple so it makes sense that its exclusive for a year. We should be glad its not fully exclusive like it use to be. Seems like Square Enix has been trending towards making all their games multi-platform.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Final Fantasy is a playstation staple so it makes sense that its exclusive for a year. We should be glad its not fully exclusive like it use to be. Seems like Square Enix has been trending towards making all their games multi-platform.
        Hey NoProps!! Long time no see! Hope you're keeping well.

And ya, FF15 for PC is amazing. Need to play more of that actually ...

Comment

Hey NoProps!! Long time no see! Hope you're keeping well.

And ya, FF15 for PC is amazing. Need to play more of that actually ...
          It's been quite a while! I'm doing alright all things considered, how've you been!?

FF15 was the first one I played tbh and I loved it... until the ending :/

I still need to build a nice gaming PC

Comment

It's been quite a while! I'm doing alright all things considered, how've you been!?

FF15 was the first one I played tbh and I loved it... until the ending :/

I still need to build a nice gaming PC
            Ya good man.. all things considered. Lol

And ya, I've heard that about FF15 as well, which made me reluctant to go any further ... I hate being disappointed after putting in that much effort in a game. Lol

You could probably go on to Kijiji or whatever and find a few years old CPU and GPU for cheap, and then everything else is pretty easy to find on Amazon for cheap enough as well. RAM, MB, Fan, Case, Power supply ... that's it! Lol

Comment

I been trynna start the home workouts as well but to no avail. Its tough being motivated when you sleep hella late every night and wake up past noon. Gotta fix my sleep schedule if I wanna workout seriously.

As for games, I finally got around to starting the witcher 3 and I've been playing Call of Duty Warzone with the boys. Witcher 3 is excellent and I'm glad I put it off cause now I have the time to fully enjoy it, there's so much content its ridiculous (in a good way). Warzone on the other hand is just another battle royale except it call of duty style so its faster paced. I find it more fun than Apex, there's less emphasis on gear and there isn't a million different types of body armour.
              I finished up most of the Witcher 3 content on Switch right before all this shit hit the fan. My play time was 175 hours after putting the finishing touches on Toussaint. I didn't even finish all the contracts or side quests, just some of those things. The game is epic in size. You're in for an amazing ride.

Comment

I'm into the second chapter of it now. The game is excellent so far, really something special for a FFVII vet. The demo was essentially the full first chapter except for an added intro scene, some added minor cut scenes and the use of limit breaks. I mean limit breaks could have been in the demo but it seemed like I was more of a punching bag in the full game (just assuming limits work the same as the original where they activate due to damage taken).

Timed exclusivity hurts all consoles but hopefully they'll port it over soon enough so everyone can enjoy this.

Comment

• Just got Witcher 3 with all the DLC for $20 last night actually ... I'm finally giving in and trying it for the first time as well.

First things first ... mod the hell out of the graphics. 6GB 4K texture pack installing now. Lol
                  Last edited by Joey; Fri Apr 10, 2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Just got Witcher 3 with all the DLC for $20 last night actually ... I'm finally giving in and trying it for the first time as well.

First things first ... mod the hell out of the graphics. 6GB 4K texture pack installing now. Lol
                    Is it good? I keep talking myself out of buying it after watching the show.

Comment

Just got Witcher 3 with all the DLC for $20 last night actually ... I'm finally giving in and trying it for the first time as well.

Blood and Wine in particular is an awesome expansion pack. It's quite large with lots of stuff to do.

Comment

• Heart of Stone is really good too. I think the story is better in Heart of Stone.

Comment

Have fun! Remember there are four sets of secret armor hidden in the game if you will run out of things to do.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

Is it good? I keep talking myself out of buying it after watching the show.
                            Honestly, I find that having watched the show made just jumping into #3 pretty easy and more fun. I haven't played the first 2 games, but watching the show introduced alot of the characters and "sides" of the story.

Also, I modded mine so Geralt looks like Henry Cavill ... Haha

Comment

Honestly, I find that having watched the show made just jumping into #3 pretty easy and more fun. I haven't played the first 2 games, but watching the show introduced alot of the characters and "sides" of the story.

Also, I modded mine so Geralt looks like Henry Cavill ... Haha
                              it's actually free on game pass. have the download going. i prefer roleplaying games, not like icewind dale, on console. and free is best price.

Comment

• 12 hours in and FFVIIR is outstanding. The only thing I wish it had that it does not is chair coop. Someone should be able to pick up the second or even the third controller and be able to play as my party members.

Comment

Working...
                                X