The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I'm sorry guys. Last night my hardcore paragon LV 172 barbarian was murdered by the demonic horde. It is just a matter of time before they get you.
    "Your deeds of Valor will be remembered."

Comment

• Civ Beyond Earth is on for $20 at Greenmangaming.com. Good deal? What's the game like?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Civ Beyond Earth is on for $20 at Greenmangaming.com. Good deal? What's the game like?

Like Civ but Beyond Earth

Comment

• Beyond earth is good but doesn't have the civ feel. You're not righting the English wrongs by murdering ghandi or putting the Aztecs in their place, finishing off the American Indians etc. I bought it when it came out and played through a few times but it didn't hook me like other civs, even revolutions from xbox360. I suggest passing on it and sticking to civ5

Comment

• That's for the advice. I have Civ 5 in the queue.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              Beyond earth is good but doesn't have the civ feel. You're not righting the English wrongs by murdering ghandi or putting the Aztecs in their place, finishing off the American Indians etc. I bought it when it came out and played through a few times but it didn't hook me like other civs, even revolutions from xbox360. I suggest passing on it and sticking to civ5
              my review was better

Comment

• Not sure how many of you are golfers, but the new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour '15 game for XBone is great so far! Closest thing you can get to Golden Tee... Someone must be a Golden Tee fan, right?

I just started a career mode tonight. If anyone has it and wants to play sometime, let me know.

Comment

• What is career mode like? Do they do a good job at making a close representation of the PGA tour schedule and roster?

Comment

What is career mode like? Do they do a good job at making a close representation of the PGA tour schedule and roster?

Can you go on a Tiger like sex spree? A Daly bender?
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• An Apollo like rum & coke after a botched 18th hole in what would have been a pretty good round? Yeah, I have scars, so what?

Comment

• Wow, EA nixed the Tiger Games eh? End of an Era.

Comment

What is career mode like? Do they do a good job at making a close representation of the PGA tour schedule and roster?

I just got into it last night, so I only played the first tournament. They start you off by putting you in different situations on each of the 4 days of a regular tournament. Thursday they have you play maybe 3 or 4 out of the 18 holes, I think I did 13,14,15,16... then they simulate the rest of the holes for each day. I was tied at -8 going into Sunday where they had me play maybe 7 holes or so and I closed out the tourney with an 8 stroke win. I love the fact that I can make my player a lefty... always hated playing as a right-handed swing, which you're forced to do in nearly every single golf game ever.

I'm looking forward to playing my buddies in tournaments online, where everybody plays simultaneously.

Quick vid:

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Wow, EA nixed the Tiger Games eh? End of an Era.
                            Pretty sure that era ended the night Elin checked his phone messages and took the club to his Escalade!

Sad really, even though he's a dick. I still root for the guy every tournament he plays in. I'm all about being able to witness the greatest athletes to play their respective sports. He was so good for so long, and pretty much the reason I picked up my dads clubs when I was 17(I learned right-handed and later switched to lefty once i could buy my own clubs).

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Pretty sure that era ended the night Elin checked his phone messages and took the club to his Escalade!

Sad really, even though he's a dick. I still root for the guy every tournament he plays in. I'm all about being able to witness the greatest athletes to play their respective sports. He was so good for so long, and pretty much the reason I picked up my dads clubs when I was 17(I learned right-handed and later switched to lefty once i could buy my own clubs).
                              Ya I will always root for Tiger .. its a shame the world doesn't get to see him perform the way we all know he can/should. He's had it bad with injuries though, and he just won't stop fussing with his swing. Drives me bananas.

But ya, they were making Tiger games up until last year! So this Rory license is a new one. I don't like it .. they made Arnold Palmer games up until the guy died basically! Haha

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                                I just got into it last night, so I only played the first tournament. They start you off by putting you in different situations on each of the 4 days of a regular tournament. Thursday they have you play maybe 3 or 4 out of the 18 holes, I think I did 13,14,15,16... then they simulate the rest of the holes for each day. I was tied at -8 going into Sunday where they had me play maybe 7 holes or so and I closed out the tourney with an 8 stroke win. I love the fact that I can make my player a lefty... always hated playing as a right-handed swing, which you're forced to do in nearly every single golf game ever.

I'm looking forward to playing my buddies in tournaments online, where everybody plays simultaneously.

Quick vid:
                                They're making way too big of a deal out off the grass... the greens look bumpy in the trailer because of the fur mechanics.

And honestly, the gameplay looks no different than it was 10 years ago. Haha But the graphics are impressive!

Comment

Working...
                                X