Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post

    Doubt it. The only reason he would have thought he might get an invite in the first place is because of all those dropouts.
    Apparently Colangelo denied Melo because he felt it would be a distraction to the team. Thinking Melo would be using this as an opportunity to get his career back on track in hopes of landing on an NBA team this upcoming season.

    Comment


    • LJ2 wrote: View Post

      Apparently Colangelo denied Melo because he felt it would be a distraction to the team. Thinking Melo would be using this as an opportunity to get his career back on track in hopes of landing on an NBA team this upcoming season.
      Well, wouldn't that be what he's doing?

      Comment


      • G__Deane wrote: View Post

        Well, wouldn't that be what he's doing?
        Sure, but the fraternity of players don't always see things the same way nor do they care. They look at it like Melo gave his time for the national team when they needed him, but now when he needs them they are denying him.

        Comment


        • LJ2 wrote: View Post

          Sure, but the fraternity of players don't always see things the same way nor do they care. They look at it like Melo gave his time for the national team when they needed him, but now when he needs them they are denying him.
          I don't disagree with your theory on how it might be seen by players - I just think the timeline doesn't work. His name would never have been in the mix to be blocked in the initial invites. Later, when they needed guys to fill in, that's when that blocking of Melo would have happened.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • LJ2 wrote: View Post

            Sure, but the fraternity of players don't always see things the same way nor do they care. They look at it like Melo gave his time for the national team when they needed him, but now when he needs them they are denying him.
            I just dont think thats true. If they wanted to go they would.

            Comment


            • LJ2 wrote: View Post

              Sure, but the fraternity of players don't always see things the same way nor do they care. They look at it like Melo gave his time for the national team when they needed him, but now when he needs them they are denying him.

              Comment


              • This whole generation of players sort of rallying around Melo this summer is stupid. He's not playing cause he's not good, and he's unwilling to accept a role of bench scorer and play some good D. There's no conspiracy or "disrespect"

                Most of these guys grew up with him as one of their heros and thats fine, but spare me with the collusion and out to get us shit. NBA teams want to win. All these bleeding hearts instead of saying "SOMEONE sign Melo" should say "MY TEAM, sign Melo"
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  This whole generation of players sort of rallying around Melo this summer is stupid. He's not playing cause he's not good, and he's unwilling to accept a role of bench scorer and play some good D. There's no conspiracy or "disrespect"

                  Most of these guys grew up with him as one of their heros and thats fine, but spare me with the collusion and out to get us shit. NBA teams want to win. All these bleeding hearts instead of saying "SOMEONE sign Melo" should say "MY TEAM, sign Melo"
                  I haven't been following it, but is there really a rallying around Melo happening?

                  Here's another hidden conspiracy theory: black athletes aren't exactly thrilled with the representing the USA these days, given the state of the country and it's.... I use this term loosely..... leader. Lebron, in particular.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post

                    I haven't been following it, but is there really a rallying around Melo happening?

                    Here's another hidden conspiracy theory: black athletes aren't exactly thrilled with the representing the USA these days, given the state of the country and it's.... I use this term loosely..... leader. Lebron, in particular.
                    I was going to ask the samne thing, I guess I blissfully don't read enough basketball sites.
                    And equating pride in your country (or lack of it) solely with the present 4 year leader is extremely petty and shortsighted imo and I really doubt that's it.

                    I'm not a big fan of our leader but he's not Canada and I'd still be proud to represent our country anywhere.

                    Comment




                    • Carmelo Anythony is still not with an NBA team.

                      He has the support of a fellow former Knick in Nate Robinson.

                      “There’s no reason why Melo should be at home,” the former NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner recently told SNY’s Ian Begley.
                      “I think that it’s unfortunate and it sucks. Because there’s so many fans, including myself, of Melo. I love his game, I love what he brings to the game. And I just hope that a team gives him an opportunity to show, really gives him a chance to show that he can still help a team, be a good veteran, come in and get points and just play hard. Just give him a chance, man. I don’t think he had a fair shake toward the end.”

                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post




                        Ah, Nate Robinson feels the pain. For all intents and purposes he was done at 30 himself. And we've got the Jeremy Lin experience to add to this conversation, too.

                        Sorry guys, it's no conspiracy - the NBA just doesn't want inefficient gunners in their 30's who don't play defence anymore. If anything, these guys are casualties of the analytics era and the sport gradually wising up to new ways of identifying how players do (and do not) add value to the team on the court.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post

                          Ah, Nate Robinson feels the pain. For all intents and purposes he was done at 30 himself. And we've got the Jeremy Lin experience to add to this conversation, too.

                          Sorry guys, it's no conspiracy - the NBA just doesn't want inefficient gunners in their 30's who don't play defence anymore. If anything, these guys are casualties of the analytics era and the sport gradually wising up to new ways of identifying how players do (and do not) add value to the team on the court.
                          Same thing is happening in baseball...teams have direct access to how many wins you're really adding and how many millions that is actually worth, and how many wins you're projected to add as you age.

                          Not as many teams just paying for the flashy, slightly past his prime name on the back of the jersey anymore
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • Quite frankly, Melo probably has the contract he deserves. Apparently there is not one team in the NBA that sees Melo as helping their team to win more games than his presence will help them lose. You think they wouldn't step up with a contract if anybody thought he could actually help. If Melo wants to play he better hold a press conference and announce that he finally understands how important defense is, and state that he is happy to come off the bench and the vet minimum is good enough for him.

                            SMH. All these folks calling for SOMEONE ELSE to hire him. Nuff said.

                            Comment


                            • S.R. wrote: View Post

                              Ah, Nate Robinson feels the pain. For all intents and purposes he was done at 30 himself. And we've got the Jeremy Lin experience to add to this conversation, too.

                              Sorry guys, it's no conspiracy - the NBA just doesn't want inefficient gunners in their 30's who don't play defence anymore. If anything, these guys are casualties of the analytics era and the sport gradually wising up to new ways of identifying how players do (and do not) add value to the team on the court.
                              I'm kind of surprised VC is still playing, but Melo can't find some young team going nowhere to join. Completely understand that a team with hopes to contend wouldn't want him, but there are plenty of tankers that could use Melo to at least drum up some excitement for the fans.

                              Comment


                              • LJ2 wrote: View Post

                                I'm kind of surprised VC is still playing, but Melo can't find some young team going nowhere to join. Completely understand that a team with hopes to contend wouldn't want him, but there are plenty of tankers that could use Melo to at least drum up some excitement for the fans.
                                Melo mentoring Porzingis worked out really well for the Knicks. lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X