Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Sometimes you don't know your girlfriend is toxic, even though your family can all see it. Source: life experience
    Your avatar is toxic, all of RR can see it
    OG is our king

Comment

Sometimes you don't know your girlfriend is toxic, even though your family can all see it. Source: life experience
      Sometimes you're the only one that sees it, even though your family doesn't. Source: life experience.

But on another note - when DeMar was traded, a ton of Raptor fans did not agree with it... they'd rather continue with sub par performance for the sake of keeping "I am Toronto".

Full disclosure - I do like DeMar, but I was more than happy when we traded him for Kawhi.

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post

Sometimes you're the only one that sees it, even though your family doesn't. Source: life experience.

But on another note - when DeMar was traded, a ton of Raptor fans did not agree with it... they'd rather continue with sub par performance for the sake of keeping "I am Toronto".

Full disclosure - I do like DeMar, but I was more than happy when we traded him for Kawhi.
        The group in underline was the facebook fans, the casuals, the ones who follow the leafs first.

The group in bold was the majority of us RR guys
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post

Your avatar is toxic, all of RR can see it
          He's my favorite player bro

Comment

Lowry and Masai are like Brady and Belicheck, the two constants of the success that make each other look better. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Kyle has reached anywhere near the greatness of Tom Brady, but if he leaves before Masai, Masai will look slightly less genius without his quarterback.
            lol. You’re always trying to sneak Lowry’s name in there with the all-time greats. I know your M.O. Keon.

I always respected Lowry, the player, but I was pretty much done with Lowry, the person, after he thoroughly embarrassed Masai on ESPN’s all access Raptor fest last year, which was also Giants of Africa night.

But winning cured all, thankfully, and Kawhi’s 4-bouncer repaired Lowry’s legacy for all eternity. He’s a changed man this year... Kyle is finally all grown up and at ease with himself and the people who have been trying to help him.

Comment

• Meh Derozan was a nice dude. Didn't amount to much
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Meh Derozan was a nice dude. Didn't amount to much
                He's pretty much the same player he always was in S.A but now he doesn't have the entire country voting him into All-Star games, Kyle helping him lead a top of confrence team. We may have done him a little dirty by not giving him a heads up on the trade but he also should be grateful for the franchise. We helped elevate his legacy and reputation, he was the cornerstone of the rebuild but non of that happens without kyle and to a lesser extent J.V.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• ​

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Meh he was a nice dude. Didn't amount to much
                    Thats what my wife will want my tombstone to read

Comment

• On Lowry:
                      "I’ve never coached or seen anybody play as hard as this guy does in basketball," Raptors coach Nick Nurse said afterward. "It’s the ultimate compliment and it rubs off on the other guys, and not only does he do it that way, he plays smart, he knows the coverages, he knows the opponents, he studies film, he gives his body up, right?

"All those things kind of transfer to the other guys … leadership, right?"

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        On Lowry:
                        "I’ve never coached or seen anybody play as hard as this guy does in basketball," Raptors coach Nick Nurse said afterward. "It’s the ultimate compliment and it rubs off on the other guys, and not only does he do it that way, he plays smart, he knows the coverages, he knows the opponents, he studies film, he gives his body up, right?

"All those things kind of transfer to the other guys … leadership, right?"
                        If it wasn't for Lowry over the past 6 years, this team would be like the Hornets, Wizards or Pistons over that stretch of time. If that's not the GROAT I don't know what is.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

If it wasn't for Lowry over the past 6 years, this team would be like the Hornets, Wizards or Pistons over that stretch of time. If that's not the GROAT I don't know what is.
                          Thanks to Kyle we were good enough where addition of a guy like Kawhi resulted in championship. Without him we wouldn't be good enough.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I remember watching a lot of highlights of Lowry in Houston when Bryan traded for him, and I got really excited. Back then I loved the idea of getting a JYD type of player but at point guard. Especially since we've been playing guys like Bargnani, Jose, Kapono, and getting Hedo in free agency. Kyle was like the complete opposite and a guy that I thought we needed to not just become a good team.. a guy that would help us make the playoffs. Our franchise was so bad back then.

Kyle is way more than just a guy that hustles. Once he developed his shot, he became a killer. But he's also got such a great IQ. His awareness is off the charts at times. And Masai is finding guys that are sponges, and are learning off of Kyle. Fred, Pascal, OG, TD, RHJ are all built from that same cloth.

But yeah I hope we can some how keep Kyle past 2021. I just don't know if it'll happen. It's dumb to have a 34+ year old making $20-$25M+ on the team. I want Giannis but I also want Kyle. I don't think we can get both.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I remember watching a lot of highlights of Lowry in Houston when Bryan traded for him, and I got really excited. Back then I loved the idea of getting a JYD type of player but at point guard. Especially since we've been playing guys like Bargnani, Jose, Kapono, and getting Hedo in free agency. Kyle was like the complete opposite and a guy that I thought we needed to not just become a good team.. a guy that would help us make the playoffs. Our franchise was so bad back then.

Kyle is way more than just a guy that hustles. Once he developed his shot, he became a killer. But he's also got such a great IQ. His awareness is off the charts at times. And Masai is finding guys that are sponges, and are learning off of Kyle. Fred, Pascal, OG, TD, RHJ are all built from that same cloth.

But yeah I hope we can some how keep Kyle past 2021. I just don't know if it'll happen. It's dumb to have a 34+ year old making $20-$25M+ on the team. I want Giannis but I also want Kyle. I don't think we can get both.
                              To me, it's only the Kawhis, lebrons (shudder) and Giannis' that should be making $30M+
                              If you want to build a deep team with an elite superstar and above avg "role players", you're elite superstars are the only guys that can make 30+

Kyle is fantastic but I still think his salary is a drag on how we can stay at this level. He'd need to take a bit of a trim when we bring Giannis in.

You need two high end players to win unless you have a weird incredibly deep team. We've already paid Pascal and Fred is going up. So you can't keep both Serge and Gasol and Kyle need to be paid 3rd string in order to bring The Alphabet here.

Masai has a ton of magic needed to be worked here. Just an opinion, no flaming needed.
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Feb 24, 2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

To me, it's only the Kawhis, lebrons (shudder) and Giannis' that should be making $30M+
                                If you want to build a deep team with an elite superstar and above avg "role players", you're elite superstars are the only guys that can make 30+

Kyle is fantastic but I still think his salary is a drag on how we can stay at this level. He'd need to take a bit of a trim when we bring Giannis in. Just an opinion, no flaming needed.
                                Lowry will certainly need to take less if we want to sign Giannis. Like, a lot less. We barely have room for Giannis as it is, unless we shed Powell at some point (or he opts out).

But in no way do teams need to limit themselves to only the top 5 type players making the max. The system is simply not built that way.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X