Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Wonder if Masai is thinking of building a team of international players. They did everything right, won a title and Kawhi wanted to go home to California. I’m sure it’s going through his mind that a team of guys from Africa and Canada won’t flock to LA.
    Why not? You think guys from Africa want cold Winters? A ton of Canadians would choose LA or New York or Miami too. What not?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Why not? You think guys from Africa want cold Winters? A ton of Canadians would choose LA or New York or Miami too. What not?
      If I could get a comparable job in Miami I'd be there tomorrow. NYC? No, lived there and didn't love it. LA is turning into Tijuana. Zero interest.

Comment

• A few people tossed out suggestions for who would drop the "I got us" tweet after the Kawhi news. Was there really any doubt as to who it would be?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          A few people tossed out suggestions for who would drop the "I got us" tweet after the Kawhi news. Was there really any doubt as to who it would be?

The whole video Masai looked pretty hurt to me and putting on the proverbial brave face. Dude stuttered when asked if all of kawhi's camp was honest throughout the process

Comment

• Theirs been some new today that uncle dennis was asking for "unreasonable things" that were out of masais control. The front office seemed to know by thursday that kawhi wasnt seriously considering the raptors. Even if they pulled the trigger on the trade with the thunder it was no guarantee he would return
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• When Masai did the deal he knew this was one of the risks, in fact this is nowhere near the worst case scenario. If he's anywhere as good of an executive as his history suggest then he had a plan for this day last summer. I believe him when he says he got this. He was heading towards a shuffling of the deck next summer no matter what but decided to toss in a championship along the way, how nice of him.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Theirs been some new today that uncle dennis was asking for "unreasonable things" that were out of masais control. The front office seemed to know by thursday that kawhi wasnt seriously considering the raptors. Even if they pulled the trigger on the trade with the thunder it was no guarantee he would return
                I think Masai did the right thing by not going all in on Kawhi's whims.

Based on the reports we learned a lot about who Kawhi really is behind the scenes. He sounds as calculating as LeBron. I mean he outplayed LeBron by tricking the Lakers into thinking they had a chance. Delay, delay, delay while he's working behind the scenes to try and hook up with KD (in LA to take over Staples Center) or PG (in LA or Toronto)? Damn... And you know, he might of legitimately wanted to come back here too for the basketball part but reading between the lines he couldn't get all the boxes checked on some non-basketball stuff. Whatever, Canada is producing more and more stars and some day soon I really do believe some of our kids will want to come home and represent the country in the NBA. Like all those biased American media talking heads have been saying all year in regards to Kawhi: its hard to beat playing at home and in the case of our Canadian talent, becoming national heroes to basketball fans coast to coast.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  ...Whatever, Canada is producing more and more stars and some day soon I really do believe some of our kids will want to come home and represent the country in the NBA. Like all those biased American media talking heads have been saying all year in regards to Kawhi: its hard to beat playing at home and in the case of our Canadian talent, becoming national heroes to basketball fans coast to coast.
                  I think this is a real thing. And a reasonable expectation.

Fondly looking forward to the day.

2020 class of Canadian prospects

2021 ranking of Canadian National Player Top Ten

Comment

• This squad would seed where in the east?

Jamal Murray
                    R.J. Barrett
                    Andrew Wiggins
                    Trey Lyles
                    Tristan Thompson
                    -----------------------------------
                    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
                    Kelly Olynyk
                    Dwight Powell
                    Chris Boucher
                    Cory Joseph
                    Khem Birch
                    Nik Stauskas

Comment

This squad would seed where in the east?

Jamal Murray
                      R.J. Barrett
                      Andrew Wiggins
                      Trey Lyles
                      Tristan Thompson
                      Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
                      Kelly Olynyk
                      Dwight Powell
                      Chris Boucher
                      Cory Joseph
                      Khem Birch
                      Nik Stauskas
                      Pretty poorly. They’d struggle on both ends of the court in the NBA.

Comment

This squad would seed where in the east?

Jamal Murray
                        R.J. Barrett
                        Andrew Wiggins
                        Trey Lyles
                        Tristan Thompson
                        Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
                        Kelly Olynyk
                        Dwight Powell
                        Chris Boucher
                        Cory Joseph
                        Khem Birch
                        Nik Stauskas
                        Ya, that's not a great team in the NBA. Lol That team barely makes the playoffs I would think.

But in FIBA, that team should be good for a Silver Medal.

Comment

• Team Canada is missing a stud or two. Murray is the best player on that team but he's not a prime A stud (yet). So yeah that team would probably be better than NY and Atlanta (maybe).. but nobody else in the East.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Pretty poorly. They’d struggle on both ends of the court in the NBA.
                            Right and so we'll just ask Jamal and RJ to come home then. I'm cool with that. Is everyone cool with that? Cool.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Ya, that's not a great team in the NBA. Lol That team barely makes the playoffs I would think.

But in FIBA, that team should be good for a Silver Medal.
                              "Everything Silver Medal" doesn't have a great ring to it.

Comment

"Everything Silver Medal" doesn't have a great ring to it.
                                Lol True, but just making the Olympics/World Cup at this point is something I would take.

Since 1988 we've only made the Olympics twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X