GAME 1, 2019 Playoffs, Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors, 5pm EST, Sportsnet One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Yeah, defending elite athletes is almost exactly like sitting at a desk typing bs on a keyboard
    You're not the first to not pick up on the sarcasm and won't be the last lol
    The emoji was your clue btw

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Things I learned from that video:
      -Pac is alive and in Toronto
      -People still dab
      Tupac could be a courtside raptors fan and the main stream american media wouldnt even notice.. Perfect hiding spot.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        I think Raps fans are setting themselves up for a lot of unhappiness if they think Orlando, who have been playing great ball and have shown they can match up against Toronto a bit, are gonna roll over and die. This will be a tough series, they will all be tough if Toronto gets by Orlando.

Playoffs are different, the players show up different, the teams....the officials.

Get ready for a crazy ride.
        I would consider Orlando to be equivalent to The Pacers in terms of difficulty. They are better than Pistons and The Nets.

A 6 game series is a possibility but I hope:
        A) They finish Orlando in 5.
        B) They play good basketball in the wins & losses. No sloppy turnovers, silly fouls, bad ISO's, bad defensive coverage or not rebounding the ball (which is perhaps their biggest weakness).

Comment

Man game threads are still fucked

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Tupac could be a courtside raptors fan and the main stream american media wouldnt even notice.. Perfect hiding spot.
            Among the questions mercifully not being asked these days is "where is Drake?"
            If the spotlight is on, my guess is he shows up soon....

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Fuck david Blaine
              Eh Orlando is a lot closer to Gob Bluth than David Blaine

Comment

I know this isn’t deep insight but it would be nice to set the tone in the first quarter. Just come in and show them who’s in charge. Don’t give any room for hope. Buckle up everybody. We’ve been waiting for this since that crazy tweetstorm on that July night. Enjoy the ride. Go Raps!

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  I think Raps fans are setting themselves up for a lot of unhappiness if they think Orlando, who have been playing great ball and have shown they can match up against Toronto a bit, are gonna roll over and die. This will be a tough series, they will all be tough if Toronto gets by Orlando.

Playoffs are different, the players show up different, the teams....the officials.

Get ready for a crazy ride.
                  I don't think people are being dismissive of Orlando. Seems to me everyone acknowledges these will be tough games. I certainly believe that. I just believe Toronto will have enough of an advantage in key situations to win the close games whereas Orlando doesn't have the same quality in those moments. I do think the Magic will get one game at home for sure....

Comment

Well, I am anxious as all hell. Game 1 is so important for this team. Really need to make a statement today that these are not the Raptors of yore .........

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You're not the first to not pick up on the sarcasm and won't be the last lol
                      The emoji was your clue btw
                      No emoji showed up on my iphone... Even without it it wasn't a terribly clever comment to begin with lol bbq

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Eh Orlando is a lot closer to Gob Bluth than David Blaine
                        Edit: I am too dumb to get the chicken dance gif to work on these new forums
                        Last edited by Scraptor; Sat Apr 13, 2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
                          Well, I am anxious as all hell. Game 1 is so important for this team. Really need to make a statement today that these are not the Raptors of yore .........
                          I'm really not feeling that old Game 1 anxiety this year. With Derozan replaced by Kawhi and Danny, things just feel different. Maybe I'm naive, who knows. I thought we would roll through the Cavs last year and look how that turned out. But this year feels different.

It's after 2 am here in the Philippines. Game night. Game will be 5:00 am local time, I'm probably gonna have to watch tomorrow after work taped on league pass. :/ maybe at work if I have a chance. Good luck all

Comment

• Report: Raptors' Anunoby could be out until Eastern Conference finals

Toronto Raptors forward OG Anunoby may not return until the Eastern Conference finals at the earliest, provided the club makes it that far, following an emergency appendectomy Thursday, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Raptors announced Thursday that Anunoby would be out "indefinitely" following the procedure, though reports specified he would miss a minimum of two weeks. The conference finals likely wouldn't begin until mid-May though, potentially pushing the 21-year-old's recovery timetable to a month.

Toronto faces the Orlando Magic in the opening round and would potentially take on either the Philadelphia 76ers or the Brooklyn Nets in the conference semifinals.
                            Anunoby averaged 7.0 points and 2.9 rebounds in 67 games with the Raptors in his sophomore season.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Man game threads are still fucked
                              They work fine for me ...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I don't think people are being dismissive of Orlando. Seems to me everyone acknowledges these will be tough games. I certainly believe that. I just believe Toronto will have enough of an advantage in key situations to win the close games whereas Orlando doesn't have the same quality in those moments. I do think the Magic will get one game at home for sure....
                                Lets face it, Orlando is a solid team but quite limited. They may make games close, but Raps should win in 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X