Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it make more sense to play Lin instead of FVV at this point..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    The answers to your questions are:

No, it wouldn't make sense.
    Yes, he could possibly be worse.
    Maybe, because of his size.

Lin has been terrible for us, and I love Lin. You can't experiment with him in a game 7. At least McCaw gives us some length with that big wingspan.
    This. If they get past the Sixers then I'd be inclined to throw Lin out there and see what happens but it's too risky in Game 7, especially since the main reaons for 2 of the three Sixers wins has been the end of 1Q-start of 2Q stretch where they've built big leads. Raps can't get behind.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post

And thats the only way to win a championship by having smart players with skill.
    And you also have to raise the floor for players who are less smart and less skilled. Nurse's system seems to lower the floor and expose those type of guys.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Nurse does need to take some blame for how he's failed to develop his bench role players. It's a season long problem that's become even worse in the playoffs. I do understand that he took a gamble and tried a new approach that was less predictable. A key objective was to allow role players a lot more freedom to make decisions on the fly, so they would be able to make plays when stars were double-teamed in the playoffs. It sounded great in theory, but I think we can all see now that this experiment was a complete failure. Role players need a tight structure and system. Whether it's Casey's role cards or Bud's system, that's what role players need.

Jeremy Lin is basically Q.E.D. proof that Nurse's system simply does not work for role players - it exposes their limitations. He was having close to a career year with Atlanta and then he comes here and looks worse than a G-Leaguer, even though he's surrounded by better places. He said he wasn't used to having that much freedom. For the most part, he simply looks confused out there. The only thing that changed were his teammates and the role/fit and system (or lack, thereof). Green mentioned a number of times about the lack of structure.

Going the other way, we saw how Delon (Mr. Triple Double) and JV (automatic 20/10) busted out in Memphis under another system. Nurse's system works for better for high IQ, highly skilled players, but even then it's not consistent on a night-to-night basis.
    And thats the only way to win a championship by having smart players with skill.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I feel a prolonged ragging on Nurse in the universe about to black hole it all over RR....
    Nurse does need to take some blame for how he's failed to develop his bench role players. It's a season long problem that's become even worse in the playoffs. I do understand that he took a gamble and tried a new approach that was less predictable. A key objective was to allow role players a lot more freedom to make decisions on the fly, so they would be able to make plays when stars were double-teamed in the playoffs. It sounded great in theory, but I think we can all see now that this experiment was a complete failure. Role players need a tight structure and system. Whether it's Casey's role cards or Bud's system, that's what role players need.

Jeremy Lin is basically Q.E.D. proof that Nurse's system simply does not work for role players - it exposes their limitations. He was having close to a career year with Atlanta and then he comes here and looks worse than a G-Leaguer, even though he's surrounded by better players. He said he wasn't used to having that much freedom. For the most part, he simply looks confused out there. The only thing that changed were his teammates and the role/fit and system (or lack, thereof). Green mentioned a number of times about the lack of structure.

Going the other way, we saw how Delon (Mr. Triple Double) and JV (automatic 20/10) busted out in Memphis under another system. Nurse's system works for better for high IQ, highly skilled players, but even then it's not consistent on a night-to-night basis.
    Last edited by golden; Sat May 11, 2019, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    A post made by a shook person.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    The answers to your questions are:

No, it wouldn't make sense.
    Yes, he could possibly be worse.
    Maybe, because of his size.

Lin has been terrible for us, and I love Lin. You can't experiment with him in a game 7. At least McCaw gives us some length with that big wingspan.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    I feel a prolonged ragging on Nurse in the universe about to black hole it all over RR....

Leave a comment:

• Wouldn't it make more sense to play Lin instead of FVV at this point..?

Experts told me that the reason why Lin has been sitting on the bench is because he was bad.

But could Lin possibly be worse than FVV at this point..?

Isn't Lin also a better defender than FVV?
Working...
X