Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5 FINALS (3-1) Raptors vs Warriors June 10th, 2019 at 9:00pm in Scotiabank Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurse owned it.. he said that he wanted to use the timeout before he lost it. He said he wanted to give the guys some rest since they looked tired out there. Kawhi is right.. if they won nobody would care.

They lost though.. you can talk about their poor execution down the stretch.. but they were down all game. It would have been sweet to steal the game and then hoist the cup.. that would have been beautiful. But it wasn't meant to be.

On to the next.. it just sucks we have to wait another 3 days. WTF happened to the 2-3-2 format? I mean that would have meant less rest days right?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Bah. You know, in retrospect that game never felt right. Lack of energy for stretches, bad turnovers, missed free throws, silly fouls, all the bricked threes. Stuff like that almost always means jitters. Then the whole Durant thing really threw Raps off.

2 more shots to get it done.
      I agree. This offence has a certain look to it on these nights when they brick tons of shots. Guys are hesitating. Guys are passing up open looks. The offence looks stagnant too often, the off ball movement and the passing die. They're still good enough to get points - mostly in the paint and at the line and on some Kawhi iso's - but these are the nights those wide open jumpers miss badly. The offence shouldn't need FVV as badly as it does nights like last night but you have Lowry/Green/Siakam either whiffing on wide open shots or playing hot potato for no reason. Say whatever about Fred, at least he keeps gunning like he thinks he's going to score the damn ball.

They often seem to respond to these nights with a great shooting night, so here's to hoping.

I hate these games, where you know any one of those wide open looks goes in and they likely win. So close.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Dude, I hate to break it to you but pretty much every NHL fan already hates Toronto fans. Have for decades. Now, you'll be hated in the NBA as well as the NHL. Who cares?
        add MLB ...remmeebr the guy who threw the beer at the Orioles player .....

Comment

Dude, I hate to break it to you but pretty much every NHL fan already hates Toronto fans. Have for decades. Now, you'll be hated in the NBA as well as the NHL. Who cares?
          add MLB ...the guy who threw the beer at the Orioles player

Comment

• I'm not insesitive to Durant's injury and yes, you never wish an injury on a player and no, you don't cheer a player's injury. That was classless but tbh, you put 20,000 fans in a super charged building and half of the are rich bandwagoners, well, half of them aren't going to understand fan etiquette but honestly it's overblown as most of these things are.

Having said that, this is the potential final game of the 2019 Championship NBA season and they are the enemy. When Durant goes down, the correct response from players would be to huddle up and discuss strategy with Durant now out. How to take advantage of it.

Aside from shushing the crowd, it's not Lowry's job to go over and console Durant. That's Brotherhood bullchit union talk, not NBA step- on-their-throats Champion talk. Serge went over too, following Lowry's lead.

And it wasn't drake's place to put hands on him and ask he he would sign his Durant tattoo either. Just clap for him walking by and get the focus back on the game.

You know who I didn't see anywhere near him? Kawhi freakin' Leonard because he was focused on winning .... the .... game ....
            Kawhi didn't wish an injury on him. He didn't celebrate his injury. But he didn't feel it was his place to run over and look at me, what a good sport I am. He was remained focused on the task at hand, winning.

Shields now up for the anticipated politically correct tirades.....

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Nurse owned it.. he said that he wanted to use the timeout before he lost it. He said he wanted to give the guys some rest since they looked tired out there. Kawhi is right.. if they won nobody would care.

They lost though.. you can talk about their poor execution down the stretch.. but they were down all game. It would have been sweet to steal the game and then hoist the cup.. that would have been beautiful. But it wasn't meant to be.

On to the next.. it just sucks we have to wait another 3 days. WTF happened to the 2-3-2 format? I mean that would have meant less rest days right?
              true nobody would care if they won but nobody would be blasting him if he didn't call the timeout and they still lost

Comment

• Torassic1 wrote: View Post

I hope you're right...but the media and social media commentary has been relentless in hammering away at Toronto fans. It looks like the perception of Raptors fans may have been tarnished indefinitely.
                Toronto fans were cheering for Durant not booing. Few of the fans were boneheads but most were respectful, I know cause I was in the damn arena last night and fans were chanting kd

jalen rose even defended the fans just now on first take

but most American fans are idiots and will go with the herd

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  I'm not insesitive to Durant's injury and yes, you never wish an injury on a player and no, you don't cheer a player's injury. That was classless but tbh, you put 20,000 fans in a super charged building and half of the are rich bandwagoners, well, half of them aren't going to understand fan etiquette but honestly it's overblown as most of these things are.

Having said that, this is the potential final game of the 2019 Championship NBA season and they are the enemy. When Durant goes down, the correct response from players would be to huddle up and discuss strategy with Durant now out. How to take advantage of it.

Aside from shushing the crowd, it's not Lowry's job to go over and console Durant. That's Brotherhood bullchit union talk, not NBA step- on-their-throats Champion talk. Serge went over too, following Lowry's lead.

And it wasn't drake's place to put hands on him and ask he he would sign his Durant tattoo either. Just clap for him walking by and get the focus back on the game.

You know who I didn't see anywhere near him? Kawhi freakin' Leonard because he was focused on winning .... the .... game ....
                  Kawhi didn't wish an injury on him. He didn't celebrate his injury. But he didn't feel it was his place to run over and look at me, what a good sport I am. He was remained focused on the task at hand, winning.

dont think leonard likes durant after durant said kawhi was just a "system player"

Comment

I'm not insesitive to Durant's injury and yes, you never wish an injury on a player and no, you don't cheer a player's injury. That was classless but tbh, you put 20,000 fans in a super charged building and half of the are rich bandwagoners, well, half of them aren't going to understand fan etiquette but honestly it's overblown as most of these things are.

Agreed.

And the Raps definitely were affected by the whole thing, not to mention the air went out of the building.

Comment

• GS made 20of 42 threes at a ridiculous 47.6%
                      Raps made a pathetic 8 for 32 or 25% and that's been a problem before this season. Danny is our main 3 point threat and he's been terrible for the most part.

Look, Kawhi got 26 and 12, Lowry 18, Gasol 17 and 8, Serge 15 and 6, Fred chipped in with 11 and Pascal 12.
                      That kind of balanced socring usually results in a W instead of simply relying on Kawhi to carry the team. Do we really need to him to drop 30-40 every night?

But of all those numbers, Pascal got to bring it a bit more and the threes disparity was the main issue with no magic fix for that; you hit your open looks or you don't. GS isn't going to hit 50% on volume again.

WE GOT THIS.

Comment

• Wow, these fans sucked in that occasion. A shameful display of sportsmanship... Let's get the win ASAP, this can be dangerous.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          Wow, these fans sucked in that occasion. A shameful display of sportsmanship... Let's get the win ASAP, this can be dangerous.
                          No different from a fan throwing a beer or a battery on the field. It was an emotional reaction and far from the majority. Most cheered him walking off and chanted KD

Next.

Comment

• Sirius NBA radio just had a segment unpacking the time-out Nurse took right when we're on a 10-0 run and Kawhi was beasting. Calling Nick a good coach, but having that as the potential worse coaching blunder we saw this season and of his career. Didn't hear much about the "not" calling of the timeout when we had 15 secs for the final shot down only 1pt, but imo that was probably worse

I think they overall learned from this one though. Team looked distracted yesterday. Kinda like when you're planning a party or wedding and there are so many emotions on the periphepry of the game (possibly even from friends and family), you end losing focus on what needs to be done in the hardwood. The poor 3pt% we can chalk to high variance, we've seen that before. But missed free-throws, unforced turnovers, sub-par perimeter D, these are all signs of jitters/distraction. The good news is that it all signs very atypical from what we've seen this year, so they should bounce back.

Comment

• This is the finals. When I heard he was playing, I thought the whole warriors team was out to lunch. Then I thought, go at him as much as possible. Make him change directions as much as possible. Exploit the injury. He's out there, you exploit the weakness.

I was watching the game on sportsnet's app, considering the traffic, the picture wasn't super clear during that particular play, so when I saw the ball go loose I was cheering too. When I saw that he was seriously injured that stopped abruptly, and my focus turned to how dumb the warriors were to even let him onto the court. We saw with Cousins, we saw with Wall, we saw with Kobe, achilles are no joke. You don't try to come back early and then ramp up to finals pace, with no rest.

This injury is on their medical staff, there management, their coaching staff, and Durant himself (although less so b/c he can only go on what the medical staff tell him). If I'm him I pick up his player option, sit out all next year, then sign somewhere else. (I would also sue for whatever the difference between his new contract and what a max deal would have got him, and then some.)

Comment

GS made 20of 42 threes at a ridiculous 47.6%
                                Raps made a pathetic 8 for 32 or 25% and that's been a problem before this season. Danny is our main 3 point threat and he's been terrible for the most part.

Look, Kawhi got 26 and 12, Lowry 18, Gasol 17 and 8, Serge 15 and 6, Fred chipped in with 11 and Pascal 12.
                                That kind of balanced socring usually results in a W instead of simply relying on Kawhi to carry the team. Do we really need to him to drop 30-40 every night?

But of all those numbers, Pascal got to bring it a bit more and the threes disparity was the main issue with no magic fix for that; you hit your open looks or you don't. GS isn't going to hit 50% on volume again.

WE GOT THIS.
                                When we miss a wide open uncontested 3 (up 3 at the time) and GSW comes down and their best shooter knocks down a 3...it says something about your composure under pressure. I wonder why Nurse didn't sub our best pick and roll player / rebounder (Ibaka) in for the final play? We only needed 2 points, would a high pick and roll with Ibaka (or Pascal) rolling be a better option or was it all about giving Lowry a chance at being the hero? Even a mid range Lowry jump shot would have been a better option. Hind sight is 20-20, however given the circumstances and the fact the 3 ball was just not working for us, a 50% 2 pt FG is a better shot than a 25% 3. Analytics mean nothing at this point in the game. After the timeout at 3 min. and up by 6, we had 5 possessions and managed to score only 2 pts. (0 - 3 from 3 and a turnover, 1 2pt basket almost blocked).

Comment

Working...
                                X