• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post

Vince really broke your heart eh?
    Yup and it's never going to heal
    So glad he rimmed out on the buzzer beater last night lol

Comment

Primo Pasta deserves a spot. Which tells you our short and previously sad history, and it also represents the fairly lengthy Brian Colangelo era. Primo took a lot of shots in Toronto.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No team with a championship should have bargs on its top 25 players list.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          No team with a championship should have bargs on its top 25 players list.
          Yeah a list 25 spots long gets depressing pretty quick
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Mugsy Bogues must have just missed the list

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Mugsy Bogues must have just missed the list
              Go-Daddy curse strikes again.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Mugsy out here takin one for the team. He's probably gonna throw his back out, have his car break down on the freeway, and catch the winter flu. But no active Raptors will underachieve.

Comment

Every time I remember the era of Colangelo and Andrea Bargnani, I just feel shockoed. It took us 6 years to wake up. If you try to remember the number of players that came to Toronto and left, you will be shocked.
                    We had some players that caused the fans to desert basketball game

Erric Montros
                    Patrick Obrient
                    and above all the guy who used to be on the bench for a long time, and he survived playing for a long time in the NBA, Guss who ?
                    Hint : he went for almost a seson without scoring 2 point per game.
                    I remember those days after the games when I used to walk by Union station after getting out of ACC, it was really painfull.
                    Last edited by RaptorsVictim; Thu Oct 31, 2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                      Every time I remember the era of Colangelo and Andrea Bargnani, I just feel shockoed. It took us 6 years to wake up. If you try to remember the number of players that came to Toronto and left, you will be shocked.
                      We had some players that caused the fans to desert basketball game

Erric Montros
                      Patrick Obrient
                      and above all the guy who used to be on the bench for a long time, and he survived playing for a long time in the NBA, Guss who ?
                      Hint : he went for almost a seson without scoring 2 point per game.
                      I remember those days after the games when I used to walk by Union station after getting out of ACC, it was really painfull.
                      Not gonna lie, I didnt like the Raptors at all until Vince came along. In the 90s they were just a wack ass team in a terrible stadium with corny jerseys. (Vince made the purple cool)

as a western Canadian I followed the Grizzlies and before Jordan retired I cheered for Chicago.

then by vinces second year I was like 13 or 14 and got hooked on Raptors and the nba x10. I know it's a similar story for a lot of people in my general age range

I'm thinking we'll be hearing similar stories in 10 years about this last years playoff run attracting young fans

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not gonna lie, I didnt like the Raptors at all until Vince came along. In the 90s they were just a wack ass team in a terrible stadium with corny jerseys. (Vince made the purple cool)

as a western Canadian I followed the Grizzlies and before Jordan retired I cheered for Chicago.

then by vinces second year I was like 13 or 14 and got hooked on Raptors and the nba x10. I know it's a similar story for a lot of people in my general age range

I'm thinking we'll be hearing similar stories in 10 years about this last years playoff run attracting young fans
                        So what you're saying is ....

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

same I was die hard bulls 88-98 I'm a little ashamed to say. started with raps when they drafted vince

Comment

David West: "I thought about this the other day. When [Andrea] Bargnani and [Chris] Bosh were in Toronto, the reason why that sh** didn't work is 'cause the NBA let us beat them up! We beat up Bargnani, they let us body Bosh. Like, Bosh and Bargnani right now, they would blow this NBA out of the water. They were damn near impossible to guard. I'm serious. The only reason Bargnani didn't have a (successful) career was 'cause the referees let people like me beat him up!"

"In today's game, he would be killin' because he would be protected. Ryan, you know, you remember -- he would try that sweep at the three-point line; they wasn't giving him that sh**, that rip-through. We could grab both arms."
                            https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...ollins-big-men

Comment

Just as I thought, we were too ahead of our time.

Comment

Does this mean multipaul was right all along?

Seriously though, you do wonder how certain players would have fared if their career had started 2 years ago instead. Guys like Sam Perkins, Al Harrington, and yeah, maybe Bargnani. One thing that definitely hurt those Raps teams was the lack of interior strength with Bosh and Bargnani, so the logic that West poses certainly has merit.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X