X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron James de-faced

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      That's hard to say. Love is bad defensively. Even in the post where his strength should make him better than Bosh...but it doesnt' because Bosh is long to make up for that. Miami's D depended on mobile bigs hedging hard and everything was about denying driving/passing lanes inside, because once you get inside against Miami, you score. So their D would have definitely, without a doubt been worse with Love. Their O probably would have been pretty similar. And they gain a bit on the glass.
      The fact that Love cleans the glass would mean that their Defense lowers the possessions they play against, and their Offense gains more possessions.

Do not overlook the rebounding edge Love gives to any team.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        because in the last few months this site as become merge obsessed. There must be an ocd mod because no matter what the topic they find a way to get rid of it into a giant heap of confusing conversations going on at once. Its very annoying.
        Lucky it stayed in raptor forum at all.

By rights should be in nba forum.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          The fact that Love cleans the glass would mean that their Defense lowers the possessions they play against, and their Offense gains more possessions.

Do not overlook the rebounding edge Love gives to any team.
          THat's nice in theory, but their D would be worse, and thus give up better shots to their opponents.

If their D is giving up more easy chances that don't lead to rebounds, that's going to make a huge difference. Sure they'll clean up their defensive glass better, but they'll be scored on more easily. Add to this that they depend immensely on teams attempting bad shots from the perimeter or risky passes, both fuelling their transition game, which would be worse with Love and they would have to find different ways to score the ball.

Now if they played the same level of D with better rebounding, then we can talk about a definite improvement. Otherwise, it's hard to say Love makes them better compared to Bosh.

*BTW, Love's rebounding edge has done nothing for MInny's D...Rebounding is finishing a defensive possession, but if your D is bad and gives up good possessions that don't lead to as many rebounds, that edge is a bit of a hollow stat.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jul 11, 2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

That's hard to say. Love is bad defensively. Even in the post where his strength should make him better than Bosh...but it doesnt' because Bosh is long to make up for that. Miami's D depended on mobile bigs hedging hard and everything was about denying driving/passing lanes inside, because once you get inside against Miami, you score. So their D would have definitely, without a doubt been worse with Love. Their O probably would have been pretty similar. And they gain a bit on the glass.
            I think the way that team played would be much different than with Bosh. Plus who knows what types of role players they would have picked up.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              I think the way that team played would be much different than with Bosh. Plus who knows what types of role players they would have picked up.
              Well they would've been under basically the same cap constraints and have basically the exact same needs (depth, a legit defensive C, backcourt issues especially regarding PG). So I think it's fair enough to compare it as a simple swap.

Comment

Well they would've been under basically the same cap constraints and have basically the exact same needs (depth, a legit defensive C, backcourt issues especially regarding PG). So I think it's fair enough to compare it as a simple swap.
                I guess, only Love and Bosh are very different players. They both have range, probably the only similarity. Love can't hedge on the PnR like Bosh, so I imagine their defensive schemes would be different. Plus Love could operate out of the post, which could change the way they play O considerably as well. That would have taken some of the load off of LBJ to initiate the offense, which I imagine would only be a good thing.

Comment

THat's nice in theory, but their D would be worse, and thus give up better shots to their opponents.

If their D is giving up more easy chances that don't lead to rebounds, that's going to make a huge difference. Sure they'll clean up their defensive glass better, but they'll be scored on more easily. Add to this that they depend immensely on teams attempting bad shots from the perimeter or risky passes, both fuelling their transition game, which would be worse with Love and they would have to find different ways to score the ball.

Now if they played the same level of D with better rebounding, then we can talk about a definite improvement. Otherwise, it's hard to say Love makes them better compared to Bosh.

*BTW, Love's rebounding edge has done nothing for MInny's D...Rebounding is finishing a defensive possession, but if your D is bad and gives up good possessions that don't lead to as many rebounds, that edge is a bit of a hollow stat.
                  But if rebounding was the weakest link in the Miami's fortress, then don't they need rebounding more than they need PnR D? Each team has their deficiencies and strengths. Miamis wings will hold the fort on the wings, their Defense may slip some with Love instead of Bosh, but Love is the best in the business where Miami is the weakest (rebounding) and would have had a non proportional affect on Miamis play.

Comment

• BTW; Love also is known for his amazing outlet passes after he rebounds. He would've started so many more fast breaks than Bosh would ever. With Lebron and Wade running the sides, and Klove quarterbacking; Practically every opponents' missed shot would become a transition bucket.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Minny was also willing to take Klay Thompson for Love before Wiggins was drafted, so I guess we need to think about what it takes to get Klay from the Warriors?

Something like this:

Warriors get: Derozan + Amir
                      Minny gets: Klay + Thompson + Tor 1st (via NYK) + GSW 1st + 2 CLE 1sts + TPE
                      Cavs get: Love + salary dump
                      Raps get: Wiggins + salary dump + TPE

@DanH / mcHappy: Make it real. LOL.
                      I'm not sure how to make it happen to be honest.

Supposedly Klay is unavailable to get Love so I'm not sure they'd give him up for DeRozan.

But a comment I made in the other thread: best way to get Wiggins is to wait.

The assumption is he wants to play in Toronto. On his end he'd have to:
                      1) play out his rookie deal,
                      2) refuse an extension when the time comes,
                      3) hardball Cleveland/whoever to get a sign and trade,
                      4) sign a 2 year offer sheet from Toronto.

On Toronto's end:
                      1) they'd have to have max money available in 2018,
                      2) have assets to entice a sign in trade in 2018 without giving away roster,
                      3) have max money available in 2020.

Wiggins comes to the Raptors at 23 or 25 years of age hopefully as a true max player. He can develop on Cleveland/other team's dime and time.

But in the meantime, I think Toronto rolls with what they've started.... including keeping DeRozan.

Comment

But why?

Love is a better spot up shooter, rebounder, outlet passer, etc.
                        And yet there's an entire half of the game played on the other side of the court.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          And yet there's an entire half of the game played on the other side of the court.
                          Of which he dominates the boards, and is big enough to handle post-up players.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            because in the last few months this site as become merge obsessed. There must be an ocd mod because no matter what the topic they find a way to get rid of it into a giant heap of confusing conversations going on at once. Its very annoying.
                            At least they didn't move it to the NBA part of the forum (arguably where it belongs judging by how they've moved threads in the past), where all topics go to die. 800+ viewers at any given time for the Everything Raptors section of the forum, 30+ viewers if you're lucky in the NBA section of the forum.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              At least they didn't move it to the NBA part of the forum (arguably where it belongs judging by how they've moved threads in the past), where all topics go to die. 800+ viewers at any given time for the Everything Raptors section of the forum, 30+ viewers if you're lucky in the NBA section of the forum.
                              1.) often times people are discussing six aspects of the same thing.

2.) The reason I merged these particular threads is this entire forum is supposed to be about Raptors. I realized that the overwhelming number of people focused their attention on this particular board so I thought if it is going to be off topic I will at least keep it together.

3.) We are unpaid and from time to time make mistakes. I know personally that I do the best I can. If I make a mistake or you feel that one of us has...let DocNaismith know and we will certainly discuss it and improve.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Of which he dominates the boards, and is big enough to handle post-up players.
                                Probably why his team always made it to the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X