No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They walked into the coliseum to boos and whistles, if not facing actual lions. The roars were only from the crowd, but they were all for Mexico, Canada’s opponent.

Canada heard them, but they didn’t cower. They rose, turning back the home team 94-73, winning their sixth straight game, all by 20 points or more and handing Mexico their first defeat and keeping a shot at the valuable No. 1 seed in the semi-finals alive.

It was a complete performance by a team under adverse circumstances when they needed it most, and Canada knows they have that in their bag too.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ooking-strong/

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Ejim has impressed me the most he's a straight up animal out there. If he was 6'9" or 6'10" he'd easily be a legit NBA PF.
      what are Ejim s physical stats

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
        what are Ejim s physical stats
        He's around 6'6" or 6'7"

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          He's around 6'6" or 6'7"

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
          Ejim fits into that Thad Young mold then.... if he can be taught to play SF too. Great win by the team though.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Ejim fits into that Thad Young mold then.... if he can be taught to play SF too. Great win by the team though.
            Hasn't Thad played the vast majority of his minutes at the 4?

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              I think you're looking more at a PJ Tucker or Alan Anderson type. A guy who isn't really skilled enough to be a wing, but has to become that because he'll never have the tools to play full time PF in the NBA. It might take Ejim a few years, but if he can improve his shooting and perimeter skills, I think he has the chance to carve out an NBA career.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Not gonna lie, Olynyk has impressed me a lot in this tournament. I thought he was horrible vs ARG, but since that game he's been great. He's probably the 2nd most important player on this team(behind Wiggy).
                Andrew Nicholson hasn't had a great tournament so far but last night he was back to his old self ... Also Nik has impressed me on both sides of the ball and his confidence and game has grown from the start of the tournament ..

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Not gonna lie, Olynyk has impressed me a lot in this tournament. I thought he was horrible vs ARG, but since that game he's been great. He's probably the 2nd most important player on this team(behind Wiggy).
                  Olynyk is made for the international game. He's not going to anchor the D (a lack of defensive bigs might be the team's biggest problem at the moment), but he's so skilled and smart offensively. He has unlimited range by FIBA standards, and is a very smart/skilled passer for a big.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Olynyk is made for the international game. He's not going to anchor the D (a lack of defensive bigs might be the team's biggest problem at the moment), but he's so skilled and smart offensively. He has unlimited range by FIBA standards, and is a very smart/skilled passer for a big.
                    Also has a lot of experience playing for National team ie I remember him playing for Canada as a freshman in the NCAA ..

Comment

• I love Joseph's confidence on the floor and teammates feed on it but as for his performance nothing really that has impressed me in this tournament ...

Comment

• Okay you know nobody represents the players in FIBA it seems .... Okay we can accept back to back to back to back but then we ask them to play the late game and then ask them to play the second game the next day .. WTF ..

Do you as Canada forget about 1st place possibility and give Wiggins and other starters a huge rest today ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                          Okay you know nobody represents the players in FIBA it seems .... Okay we can accept back to back to back to back but then we ask them to play the late game and then ask them to play the second game the next day .. WTF ..

Do you as Canada forget about 1st place possibility and give Wiggins and other starters a huge rest today ...
                          No is the answer with first place still a possibility if Mexico can upset Argentina in the last game of the day. The strategy, which Triano has been consistent with, is to get a lead and go to the bench.

Comment

• Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                              No is the answer with first place still a possibility if Mexico can upset Argentina in the last game of the day. The strategy, which Triano has been consistent with, is to get a lead and go to the bench.
                              Agreed. And, it's not like anyone has been playing big minutes. I think Wiggins is averaging ~25 minutes and that's the most of any player.

We should also keep in mind that the second unit that Triano rolls out there is probably a better 5-man unit than most national teams have started over the last 20 years, so it's not like the team loses a whole lot going to the bench.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                The only way Canada gets first is if Mexico beats Argentina by 36 points ....

Comment

Working...
                                X