X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post

People think Edey was horrible this past summer, Rioux is not half the player Edey is. I’m not holding out hope for him.
    Well, he does have 4 years of college basketball to try and catch up to Edey who played 4 years of college ball, but for sure he is a lower level prospect and seems super awkward at the moment. Kinda expected for being the tallest teenager in the world according to Guinness World Records. Just noting that he is at least attending a high level P5 college program that just made the NCAA tournament and has produced a lot of NBA talent. If he was going to a random mid major I wouldn't even be discussing him.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

He signed with Florida so he's at a good program to learn and develop. Maybe in 4 years he is ready to contribute to the men's team.
    His basic athleticism is not encouraging. Edey looks like Allen Iverson in comparison.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

He signed with Florida so he's at a good program to learn and develop. Maybe in 4 years he is ready to contribute to the men's team.
    People think Edey was horrible this past summer, Rioux is not half the player Edey is. I’m not holding out hope for him.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Shredder wrote: View Post

There is that big Quebecois kid Oliver Rioux. 7'8!

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    We need to develop a couple solid bigs to join the best in the world guard/wing depth that we currently have. The Bediako's have not seemed to pan out like I'd hoped. Edey may or may not turn into a solid FIBA player. Leonard Miller could be the power forward of the future (fingers crossed).

Who else is in the pipeline?
    Enoch Boakye
    Tyrese Samuel

There is that big Quebecois kid Oliver Rioux. 7'8!

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    We need to develop a couple solid bigs to join the best in the world guard/wing depth that we currently have. The Bediako's have not seemed to pan out like I'd hoped. Edey may or may not turn into a solid FIBA player. Leonard Miller could be the power forward of the future (fingers crossed).

Who else is in the pipeline?
    Enoch Boakye
    Tyrese Samuel

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Against some Brom Drodochek he'll hold his own I think. If he's not he's truly fucked

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    He's not gonna play against USA everytime.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I posted a clip of Edey defending pick and roll against USA in draft thread. Yes I know of his limitations
    OK, just saying the FIBA rules don't make him always playable.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Did you watch Canada vs USA?
    I posted a clip of Edey defending pick and roll against USA in draft thread. Yes I know of his limitations

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    No 3 second rule and goaltending rules are fucked in FIBA ball. Edey will be fine there
    Did you watch Canada vs USA?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    No 3 second rule and goaltending rules are fucked in FIBA ball. Edey will be fine there

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

I think he should be the 12th man again. Canada doesn't have any traditional centers. Powell and Olynyk are basically forwards. With no 3 second violation on defense and some goal tending (ball can hit the rim and then it's live).. we need a guy that can protect the rim. Plus only 5 fouls before being DQ'd. We could use some insurance. And I don't think Tristan will be an option. He's never been a team Canada guy.

I don't think Jordi will use him much again. But it's still okay to have him on the roster.
    Edey will be useful very situationally (just like in the NBA). If we're playing a squad with a slow plodding big man we can counter that with Edey. Olynyk and Powell struggle with those types of guys due to sheer size and weight.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

I think he should be the 12th man again. Canada doesn't have any traditional centers. Powell and Olynyk are basically forwards. With no 3 second violation on defense and some goal tending (ball can hit the rim and then it's live).. we need a guy that can protect the rim. Plus only 5 fouls before being DQ'd. We could use some insurance. And I don't think Tristan will be an option. He's never been a team Canada guy.

I don't think Jordi will use him much again. But it's still okay to have him on the roster.
    Tristian was a regular in the summers for Canada basketball . Ever since loss to Venezuela we haven't seen him .

Oh don't get me wrong .. Edey needs to be on the roster .. I say we get him to camp early and see how much
    development we can get done ..

The Wolves have a Canadian big man who playing against Gobert during practices might really be some
    good on the job training for these Olympics .
    Last edited by guyroch; Tue Apr 23, 2024, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Edey got zero minutes vs Brazil and Spain .. The coach didn't trust him to give him any minutes and you think
    he will help this summer ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X