Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • guyroch wrote: View Post

    But a lot of stars are still playing.. Its not like everyone said no and only NBA bench players and euro / GLeague players are playing ..

    Every player on the U.S team have significant role with their NBA team .
    That's the luxury of being 100 deep with world class players

    When 60% of your guys say no you still have a killer team
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • So Nash's impact was effectively...zero? Maybe helped land Nurse?

      Comment


      • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        So Nash's impact was effectively...zero? Maybe helped land Nurse?
        Opposite. Nash leaving the program opened the door for Nurse. Triano and Nash were joined at the hip.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          That's the luxury of being 100 deep with world class players

          When 60% of your guys say no you still have a killer team
          That’s like Canada sending Team C to win gold in hockey
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            So Nash's impact was effectively...zero? Maybe helped land Nurse?
            Although Nash did play for Canada he was known more for saying no then yes .. The NBA commissioner should get involved or FIBA working with the NBA to make sure what is the best situation that the stars play .



            Comment


            • guyroch wrote: View Post

              Although Nash did play for Canada he was known more for saying no then yes .. The NBA commissioner should get involved or FIBA working with the NBA to make sure what is the best situation that the stars play .


              If the NBA had a choice, the organization and the league owners would rather none of their players played.

              Comment


              • Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                Comment


                • Truth Teller wrote: View Post

                  If the NBA had a choice, the organization and the league owners would rather none of their players played.
                  I kind of agree with that. They could go back to just having only amateur athletes.

                  Comment


                  • Italy beat Senegal 111-54 in an exhibition game last night …

                    Danilo Gallinari , Marco Belinelli didn't even play …

                    Comment


                    • New Oklahoma City Thunder forward Danilo Gallinari will play for Italy in a month, despite undergoing an appendectomy on Saturday night but Canadian
                      Shai Gilgeous-Alexander involved in the same trade won't play … So you can say the teams are telling the players to not play .

                      Comment


                      • guyroch wrote: View Post
                        what luxury do you get from this opportunity ? They are doing it for free and in fact they don't have the luxury of a NBA contract if they get hurt.


                        I think you misunderstood my point. Guys like Scrubb and even Boucher don't have the luxury of passing up an opportunity to play for team Canada cause it can have a material impact on their careers - it could mean the difference between getting paid to play basketball at all. For guys like Barrett and Murray, they have the luxury of telling Team Canada to fuck off and vacation in Europe and it will make zero difference for their NBA careers.

                        Comment


                        • guyroch wrote: View Post
                          New Oklahoma City Thunder forward Danilo Gallinari will play for Italy in a month, despite undergoing an appendectomy on Saturday night but Canadian
                          Shai Gilgeous-Alexander involved in the same trade won't play … So you can say the teams are telling the players to not play .
                          Sure you can. You think OKC gives a damn about Gallo? He was salary ballast in that trade.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • DanH wrote: View Post

                            Sure you can. You think OKC gives a damn about Gallo? He was salary ballast in that trade.
                            A healthy Gallo could be used for a trade to a contending team before the trade deadline (if he still looked good out there)

                            If I'm OKC I want Gallo to rest in the summer and concentrate on rehab.

                            Gallo simply wants to play for his country and would have told OKC to stick it if they said he couldn't.

                            Comment


                            • I don't think its usually their pro teams telling guys not to play (although in some circumstances it would be), its agents and their "camps" and all the hangers on making money off of them
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I don't think its usually their pro teams telling guys not to play (although in some circumstances it would be), its agents and their "camps" and all the hangers on making money off of them
                                Especially this season, where the championship feels like it's wide open for the first time in years. Players really are going to be working on their game this off-season. Apparently both Lebron and Kawhi are organizing mini-camps with their teammates, which I think would occur around the time of WC qualifying.
                                Last edited by golden; Fri Aug 9, 2019, 12:52 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X