Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It wouldn't even matter if Spain won.. if we beat Brazil we should be good for the qualifiers. We'd have a 4-1 record. And by point differential we'll be able to move on.

There could be a good reason to "tank" that Spain game (assuming we beat Brazil, and they beat Latvia) as we would avoid seeing the US until the gold medal, otherwise we'll see them in the semi's like you said. That's the difference between a bronze and silver medal potentially. Unless you feel good about playing the US.
    windhorst mentioned on the hoop collective podcast this morning that canada and the US will play in the gold medal game if they win out, but could meet each other before that if one of them loses in this round 2

Comment

• i'm still getting errors when i post, but they seem to be going through

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

windhorst mentioned on the hoop collective podcast this morning that canada and the US will play in the gold medal game if they win out, but could meet each other before that if one of them loses in this round 2
        It's super confusing.. but looking at fiba.com Windy would be wrong..

Canada is in group L now (top 2 teams from G and H). If they win out, they will play the second best team of group K (top 2 teams from E and F) in the quarters. Or L1 faces K2.

If they win that game, they will play the winner of J1 and I2 in the semi's. J1 being the top team coming out of J. I2 being the second best team coming out of I. USA is in J.

So we would play them in the semi's if we both win out.

The brackets can be found here:
        https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...23#tab=round_B

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It's super confusing.. but looking at fiba.com Windy would be wrong..

Canada is in group L now (top 2 teams from G and H). If they win out, they will play the second worst team of group K (top 2 teams from E and F) in the quarters. Or L1 faces K2.

If they win that game, they will play the winner of J1 and I2 in the semi's. J1 being the top team coming out of J. I2 being the second best team coming out of I. USA is in J.

So we would play them in the semi's if we both win out.

The brackets can be found here:
          https://www.fiba.basketball/basketba...23#tab=round_B
          that seems pretty clear-cut, appears windhorst is wrong. US would have an extra day's rest in that semi matchup too.

agree throwing the spain game might be the way to go

Comment

• Assuming no upsets I think the quarters would go:

Canada vs Germany
            Spain vs Slovenia
            USA vs Dominican Republic
            Serbia vs Lithuania

And semi's would go:

Canada vs USA
            Lithuania vs Slovenia

I have Slovenia ahead of Germany but that will be close. Serbia without Jokic isn't likely great.. so I have Lithuania ahead of them.

And then USA vs Slovenia in the gold medal game.. Canada vs Lithuania for bronze.

But bracket might be easier if we tank and lose to Spain and get that bracket instead. Although we'd have to go through Luka to get to the finals.

And I'm sure there will be an upset or two. For example the Aussies are in the same squad as Germany and Slovenia.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i enjoyed this post more before your edit, i don't think any expansion on "lol" was necessary here
              Yeah, that should've been 2 posts. Got too excited that we can actually post again, and getting up a post before we're back offline again. lol.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Well in the cross over Canada's group took care of business today Lebanon 94-84 over Ivory Coast and France 82-55 over Iran .
                It shows that Canada competition was greater then Brazil ..
                Well Group H keeps living up to it's status of group of death ... Lativa 74 - 69 over Spain .. That means that Canada
                can't clinch a spot today .. Canada will be getting a pissed off team Sunday .

Comment

• Down 3 after 1 but had a really good look to tie it at the buzzer. Canada has had some bad starts these in this tourney. So not worried. Bruno is a handful.

Comment

• Up 10 at the half now. Really low scoring game. But our defense has been stellar. Need to get some more movement on offense. Or just have Shai cook all game.

Comment

• Puerto Rico beating the Dominican was not something I expected. Nor did I see Latvia beating Spain. Interesting turn of events.

Comment

• Puerto Rico beating the Dominican was not something I expected. This is a good result for Canada .. The 4 in their group are tied at 3-1 and these two teams may eliminate each other by this result ..

Comment

• So many missed 3's. Still up by 7 but should be up by way more. Need to likely grind out this win.

Comment

• Damn coming down to the wire.. could lose this one.

Comment

• Fuck

Comment

• Shit the bed right there.. ugh. Have to beat Spain now to get to the quarters. And Brazil might take our Olympic spot as well. Shitty loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X