Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

RJ especially was really bad from the line. We will play Spain this weekend so that's going to be another great test. Spain is easily a medal favourite.
    I can see how Knick fans might get fustrated with RJ at times . He can show dominance at times but
    at other times he is good to mediocre .

Comment

Shai was awesome. Powell had a great game. NAW too. Just took over in that second half with defense and talent. And Latvia got tired and stopped hitting 3's. This is a great position to be in.

Play Spain and likely Brazil next.. and going in with a 3-0 record. Even if we lose once, we should still make the quarters. Spain will be a lot harder than Brazil. But yeah great come back win and then ultimately a blow out.
      Spain’s best players (Bo Cruz and his brother Willy) aren’t even in the NBA anymore.

This should be another epic beat down…. unless coaching matters. ;-)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Spain’s best players (Bo Cruz and his brother Willy) aren’t even in the NBA anymore. This should be another epic beat down…. unless coaching matters. ;-)
        FIBA is not the NBA. Spain are still the #1 team in the world based on FIBA rankings. Coaching matters in that league.

Comment

Spain’s best players (Bo Cruz and his brother Willy) aren’t even in the NBA anymore. This should be another epic beat down…. unless coaching matters. ;-)
          That Spain roster you are talking about with no NBA stars won the Euro Championships last summer .. They have a roster that has
          played together for quite sometime and have won . Team chemistry will often out duel NBA talent just brought together for the 1st time

Comment

FIBA is not the NBA. Spain are still the #1 team in the world based on FIBA rankings. Coaching matters in that league.
            Coaching matters? Lol.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

That Spain roster you are talking about with no NBA stars won the Euro Championships last summer .. They have a roster that has
              played together for quite sometime and have won . Team chemistry will often out duel NBA talent just brought together for the 1st time
              It’s an overblown myth, though. The Spanish team that won Euro last year was a young team that had refreshed talent from the aging golden generation. They built that chemistry in 1 tournament under Sergio and it was a total surprise that they won it all. The key was Sergio’s coaching. It would not be unexpected for them to take a step back.

Comment

It’s an overblown myth, though. The Spanish team that won Euro last year was a young team that had refreshed talent from the aging golden generation. They built that chemistry in 1 tournament under Sergio and it was a total surprise that they won it all. The key was Sergio’s coaching. It would not be unexpected for them to take a step back.
                They also are without their point guard from that Euro Championship run. Lorenzo Brown was big for them in that tournament.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

They also are without their point guard from that Euro Championship run. Lorenzo Brown was big for them in that tournament.
                  Lol. All that chemistry Lorenzo built with Bo Cruz and his brother, growing up in Spain.

Comment

• Is this site back or am I just being optimistic lol.

Canada is playing Brazil tomorrow (Friday) at 9:30am. Then Spain on Sunday, also at 9:30am. The one against Brazil IMO is a must win game, in order to a) move into the qualifiers and b) oust another Americas team for qualifying for the Olympics.

Hopefully Bruno doesn't feel like having some type of revenge game and taking it on our Canucks.

Comment

Is this site back or am I just being optimistic lol.

Canada is playing Brazil tomorrow (Friday) at 9:30am. Then Spain on Sunday, also at 9:30am. The one against Brazil IMO is a must win game, in order to a) move into the qualifiers and b) oust another Americas team for qualifying for the Olympics.

Hopefully Bruno doesn't feel like having some type of revenge game and taking it on our Canucks.
                      Cross your fingers about this site: )

It is hard to gage the competition cause of a lot of blow outs in 1st round .. All I know is when ever Canada
                      has a " A " team ( NBA players playing for Canada ) they often beat FIBA america teams ..

Comment

Well in the cross over Canada's group took care of business today Lebanon 94-84 over Ivory Coast and France 82-55 over Iran .
                        It shows that Canada competition was greater then Brazil ..

Comment

I hope Bruno wasn’t actually 4 years away, from 4 years away.

Comment

• Brazil is not very good and should be another blowout win.

Spain on the other hand has a tough match up with Latvia.

Im not sure but I believe if we win and Spain loses we're basically on to the next round?

Doesn't matter either way, I think we're quite a bit better than Spain too.

We have looked like a completely different team since the World Cup started. The chemistry is there now. No one can stop Shai. I have supreme confidence we'll get to a semi finals showdown with USA.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Brazil is not very good and should be another blowout win.

Spain on the other hand has a tough match up with Latvia.

Im not sure but I believe if we win and Spain loses we're basically on to the next round?

Doesn't matter either way, I think we're quite a bit better than Spain too.

We have looked like a completely different team since the World Cup started. The chemistry is there now. No one can stop Shai. I have supreme confidence we'll get to a semi finals showdown with USA.
                              It wouldn't even matter if Spain won.. if we beat Brazil we should be good for the qualifiers. We'd have a 4-1 record. And by point differential we'll be able to move on.

There could be a good reason to "tank" that Spain game (assuming we beat Brazil, and they beat Latvia) as we would avoid seeing the US until the gold medal, otherwise we'll see them in the semi's like you said. That's the difference between a bronze and silver medal potentially. Unless you feel good about playing the US.

Comment

Lol. All that chemistry Lorenzo built with Bo Cruz and his brother, growing up in Spain.
                                i enjoyed this post more before your edit, i don't think any expansion on "lol" was necessary here

Comment

Working...
                                X