BREAKING: Patman Signs 18mil/3years in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Rather not use the stretch provision. It cuts into our cap space down the line in order to make our team better now. We won't compete this year so there's no point of going all in like that
    However, hitting the Tax would affect our flexibility even more.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I know TPEs can't be...wasn't sure on the other exceptions
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        I don't know if it's going to be that easy to dump Fields salary. Novak maybe. But as long as the Toronto media is wrong I'm happy lol. Where's DanH when you need him lol
        Either way, we really only need to clear an extra 2 mil, sign Vasquez for 4 mil, and then we can use the full MLE and sign a wing player for 5 mil.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          However, hitting the Tax would affect our flexibility even more.
          We're 7.3M under the tax as of now. We won't hit the tax.

Comment

For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

the only thing the tax means aside from paying extra (which MLSE is willing to do) is MLE shrinks to 3 million instead of 5

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                We're 7.3M under the tax as of now. We won't hit the tax.
                If we sign Vasquez, and want to use the full MLE, we would be over the tax. Thats why I am saying to drop some salary (Novaks) so that we can both sign Vasquez AND use full MLE for wing player.

Comment

Ryan Wolstat is VERY confident Vasquez deal will be done soon. He keeps saying on twitter. Thank God. I never worried about us resigning Vasquez though. He is fricken making videos talking about the Pan Am games in 2015. He was definitely staying.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Either way, we really only need to clear an extra 2 mil, sign Vasquez for 4 mil, and then we can use the full MLE and sign a wing player for 5 mil.
                    Signing a wing for 3M and a wing for 5M in this year's free agent crop is pretty negligent. There's not a single guy we could sign with 5 that we couldn't with 3M(Vince, Aminu). The higher tier wings are costing you more than 5M easily(Ariza, Deng). We shouldn't, and won't use the full MLE

Comment

Guys, realistically who can we sign for 3 million deal?

Comment

great signing by Masai...all thats left is Vasquez and if he chooses...Carter on the wing...
                        PG: Lowry/Vasquez/Kabongo
                        SG: Derozan/Williams
                        SF: Ross/Carter/Fields/Bruno
                        PF: Amir/Patterson/Tyler
                        C: JV/Hayes/Bebe

we would have one of the best backcourts & benches in the league with this...2 all-star caliber starters in the backcourt with Carter/Williams/Vasquez off the bench...all have been recent 6th man of the year candidates. 3 raw but high ceiling prospects in Bruno/Bebe/Kabongo, and hopefully some big progress from Ross & JV. Whoever thinks that we won't be a top 5 team in the East is crazy. We are still weak in middle behind JV but set in all other positions
                        Last edited by RepTdot; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

No you can't, also no one knows if the salaries for Lowry and P Pat are graduated at 7.5% annually . That makes a huge difference.
                          GV will sign 3/11 as well with 3 rd year not guaranteed. This should leave the 5 million MLE when you rescind qualifying DeColo.
                          Graduating salaries will allow for the full MLE

Comment

BTW RR, Vasquez will sign 3yrs/11-12M. Calling it.

Comment

3 at 16 million (going a little high but I like my odds)

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                                great signing by Masai...all thats left is Vasquez and if he chooses...Carter on the wing...
                                PG: Lowry/Vasquez/Kabongo
                                SG: Derozan/Williams
                                SF: Ross/Carter/Fields/Bruno
                                PF: Amir/Patterson/Tyler
                                C: JV/Hayes/Bebe

we would have one of the bench backcourts & benches in the league with this...2 all-star caliber starters in the backcourt with Carter/Williams/Vasquez off the bench...all have been recent 6th man of the year candidates. 3 raw but high ceiling prospects in Bruno/Bebe/Kabongo, and hopefully some big progress from Ross & JV. Whoever thinks that we won't be a top 5 team in the East is crazy. We are still weak in middle behind JV but set in all other positions
                                Pretty much this.

Except you forgot Novak, so no Kabongo.

Comment

Working...
                                X