2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I can see him land in Orlando next season. Not a bad stop at all.
    Maybe a demar for gordon swap. But they also have Aldridge who might get more value back. It's clear with the bubble they are better with only 1 mod range scorer to build around. Maybe they deal 1 or both. But I would be interesting to see them get some young pieces for L.A and have demar be the veteran culture setter ala timmy. Definently not the player or leader but we have see first hand demar a pretty damm good guy to teach young players hard work and buying into a culture
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Id love to see Demar revive a young crapy eastern conference team. Im sure Chicago could get DeRozan for peanuts and would instantly make them a playoff team. Its not like that team is tanking, they just have mediocre ball handlers and distributers. They maybe need one more shooter, but there is enough there for a good offense - of course the defense is another matter.
      I'd love to see DeMar on a team we might have to play in the playoffs too.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Maybe a demar for gordon swap. But they also have Aldridge who might get more value back. It's clear with the bubble they are better with only 1 mod range scorer to build around. Maybe they deal 1 or both. But I would be interesting to see them get some young pieces for L.A and have demar be the veteran culture setter ala timmy. Definently not the player or leader but we have see first hand demar a pretty damm good guy to teach young players hard work and buying into a culture
        That's an interesting perspective.

There's zero argument that DD worked extremely hard every year and off season to come back a better player each season. His ceiling was what it was.

But you always got the feeling that it was DeMar and Kyle in one pocket and the rest of the team in the other. I don't ever remember thinking what a great mentor DD was to younger players or who he took under his wing, except maybe just by example and osmosis. Disregarding what he is on-court, I have never looked at him as much of a leader per se, and never heard of him as much of a voice in the room.

He demonstrated more than taught imo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

There's zero argument that DD worked extremely hard every year and off season to come back a better player each season. His ceiling was what it was.

But you always got the feeling that it was DeMar and Kyle in one pocket and the rest of the team in the other. I don't ever remember thinking what a great mentor DD was to younger players or who he took under his wing, except maybe just by example and osmosis. Disregarding what he is on-court, I have never looked at him as much of a leader per se, and never heard of him as much of a voice in the room.

He did everything right, it wasn't his fault he wasn't good enough. I know I'm wrong when I say this, but it would make me happy if he came back and came off the bench. Play him as a backup 4 and let him create offence for our shooters. This will never happen and it would probably make us worse, but sentimentality is a real thing, I can't help it.

Comment

• https://pr.nba.com/seeding-games-awards/

The NBA announced today that it will name the Kia NBA All-Seeding Games Team and the Kia NBA Player of the Seeding Games to honor top performers for games played July 30 – Aug. 14 during the 2019-20 season restart at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

So who have you got?

Here are my choices:

Player of the Bubble: TJ Warren
            All Bubble First Team: Booker, Doncic, Harden, Warren, DeRozan
            All Bubble Second Team: VanVleet, Brown, Lillard, LeVert, Paul

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              https://pr.nba.com/seeding-games-awards/

So who have you got?

Here are my choices:

List looks about right, a strong last two games from someone could shake this up a bit though. Super fun idea though

Comment

Idk seems like everyone who spends time with him loves and respects the guy. Id definitely say him and Kyle set the tone for the locker room, he just seems more of a lowkey guy - aside from the #proveem moments Demar always seemed like the “humble star” the OGs always want.

I guess I agree though, he more set the tone then taught, but he was pretty young when he was here - but I also think it can be kind of demeaning to try and coach younger players. A professional, approachable role model is much more than many rooks get, and I think set the foundation for the current core.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  https://pr.nba.com/seeding-games-awards/

So who have you got?

Here are my choices:

Player of the bubble - Booker
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Suns won again tonight! Book with another monster game. Need the Grizz and the Blazers to lose tonight.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

FVV and Pascal have both been on record that they learned how to be pro, work hard and improve their game every summer from demar. If he could do that for Murray, White etc thats big. Their is leading with your voice and leading by example. Demar set the ultimate example for under skilled, under dog players to see how they can become an all star

Comment

• Dame with 61. Portland is now in 8th place. I really think they could beat the Lakers.

Comment

FVV and Pascal have both been on record that they learned how to be pro, work hard and improve their game every summer from demar. If he could do that for Murray, White etc thats big. Their is leading with your voice and leading by example. Demar set the ultimate example for under skilled, under dog players to see how they can become an all star
                          Yeah Demar was actually relatively pretty raw when he was drafted. He put up a ton of time summer after summer to develop his midrange, finishing at the rim, handles, , footwork (recognized by other players as one of the best in the league) , left handness etc..Kobe was his idol and he worked very hard thorughout his career. The fact that he never really devloped his 3 & D and felt short of some of our playoff expectations doesn't take that away from him.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Dame with 61. Portland is now in 8th place. I really think they could beat the Lakers.
                            Refs did all the could to give Portland this game. It was so obvious. They want Dame in the playoffs.

Comment

• Lol Giannis just head butted wagner and got ejected. Buddy has thin skin maybe we have someone who can get under his skin in the ECF

Comment

Lol Giannis just head butted wagner and got ejected. Buddy has thin skin maybe we have someone who can get under his skin in the ECF
                                Don't want him as a Raptor anymore. No place for that in this league
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X