Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    It would be hilarious.... but it would also be the Sacramento Kings (and the Knicks to some extent, i.e., media).

But it would be equally sad if any NBA executive, coach, etc...., simply did not do things because public/media/bloggers were saying it should done.

Oh, and what CalRaps said....
    Favorite organizations are Orlando, Sixer's and Bucks. Places going nowhere NYK, BKN and SAC. Places still with rebuilding problems Celtics and LAL

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Favorite organizations are Orlando, Sixer's and Bucks. Places going nowhere NYK, BKN and SAC. Places still with rebuilding problems Celtics and LAL
      Not to mention Masai and da raps
      SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        It only took me 50 games to get Casey to start JJ...lets see how long it takes him to start 2pat
        I wonder if chemistry is one of the issues holding it back.

Casey ain't Pops, that's a given. Pops can move guys in and out of the starting lineup if wants and my feeling at least, is even if guys don't like it, they understand, defer and don't complain.

This is just a guess, but with Casey, it seems the longer tenured guys have been given their chances first - Ross, Fields, Vasquez and only after utter failure has he made changes. Amir has his ups and downs, but on the whole has done his job pretty well.

PPat will give floor spacing on the offensive side, but isn't Amir,s level defensively most nights.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Zach lowe likes

2. The Return of James Johnson

Dwane Casey’s decision to bench Johnson never really made sense, but Johnson got hurt before we could gather up the proper rage about it. Johnson can get out of whack on both ends of the floor, but he has played better than Toronto could have expected. He’s shooting 61 percent (!), his turnovers are under control, and he’s a shot-blocking menace who can guard physical wing players.

Hell, Casey even started calling isolations for Johnson earlier in the season:

Johnson burst back onto the scene over the weekend spitting fire. He shot 15-of-17 over two games, flipped between both forward positions, and generally did James Johnson “no-no-no-HELL YES!” things every second he was on the court. Keep playing this guy, please.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Zach lowe likes

2. The Return of James Johnson

Dwane Casey’s decision to bench Johnson never really made sense, but Johnson got hurt before we could gather up the proper rage about it. Johnson can get out of whack on both ends of the floor, but he has played better than Toronto could have expected. He’s shooting 61 percent (!), his turnovers are under control, and he’s a shot-blocking menace who can guard physical wing players.

Hell, Casey even started calling isolations for Johnson earlier in the season:

Johnson burst back onto the scene over the weekend spitting fire. He shot 15-of-17 over two games, flipped between both forward positions, and generally did James Johnson “no-no-no-HELL YES!” things every second he was on the court. Keep playing this guy, please.
            Yeah, but, we all saw he was playing well. Everything screams "internal issue" on this one, and Johnson sat. He's outta the Doghouse now and seems to be responding. Score one for the coach.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Yeah, but, we all saw he was playing well. Everything screams "internal issue" on this one, and Johnson sat. He's outta the Doghouse now and seems to be responding. Score one for the coach.
              You don't know this.

He just as easily could have spoke up and said the truth on poor decisions.

Casey might have been pissed for JJ not being a yes man.

In the end casey might have realized JJ was absolutely right.

JJ might have had to sacrifice his role and PT to bring about change .In this situation score one for the player.

**you see anyone can make shit up and portray it as fact, just as you have done and criticized others for**

The reality is no one knows what went on but JJs play makes it pretty obvious Casey is a little slow needing over 50 games to see what some bloggers and posters had seen.

Comment

• The thing that I love about JJ, especially the last couple games:

He doesn't take stupid shots.

That's more than can be said about most of the other players on this team.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  The thing that I love about JJ, especially the last couple games:

He doesn't take stupid shots.

That's more than can be said about most of the other players on this team.
                  Agreed. During his first stint w/ the Raps, he was taking all kinds of crazy shots! three pointers, long 2, used to drive me nuts. I also remember him commenting or comparing his game to Scottie Pippen lol.

I think JJ now know what type of player he is.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Tue Feb 10, 2015, 08:05 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    You don't know this.

JJ might have had to sacrifice his role and PT to bring about change .In this situation score one for the player.

**you see anyone can make shit up and portray it as fact, just as you have done and criticized others for**

The reality is no one knows what went on but JJs play makes it pretty obvious Casey is a little slow needing over 50 games to see what some bloggers and posters had seen.
                    What you guys talking about? JJ has been playing all year? Played 42 of those 55 games averaging 20+ mins.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      What you guys talking about? JJ has been playing all year? Played 42 of those 55 games averaging 20+ mins.
                      Does anybody remember Casey saying that JJ wasn't playing because there weren't any minutes with DD and TRoss at the 3 and GV starting?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Does anybody remember Casey saying that JJ wasn't playing because there weren't any minutes with DD and TRoss at the 3 and GV starting?
                        Shhhhhhhh - Coach knows best.

Comment

You don't know this.

Sure let's pretend that jj didn't play at all this season until the clippers game

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                            Sure let's pretend that jj didn't play at all this season until the clippers game
                            All I did was provide another angle to Superjudge's fantasy.

However prior to the last 11 games, he had not played more than 11 minutes in any with 6 DNPs - of which 4 were attributed to the hamstring injury.

Maybe it was a hamstring injury all along - who knows? I certainly don't. I'm not sure anyone can claim it to be screaming of internal discipline issues since there has been nothing to prove other than dot connections (that may or may not be there) and innuendo.

But regardless of what you wish to believe, prior to the LAC game his minutes were drastically reduced over the previous 11 games.

Comment

• heh,

your own take is just that an NBA coach decided he wasnt any good anymore..... then of course undecided it again.

hahahhaaaa

Dude, you're a loon sometimes.

Comment

All I did was provide another angle to Superjudge's fantasy.

However prior to the last 11 games, he had not played more than 11 minutes in any with 6 DNPs - of which 4 were attributed to the hamstring injury.

Maybe it was a hamstring injury all along - who knows? I certainly don't. I'm not sure anyone can claim it to be screaming of internal discipline issues since there has been nothing to prove other than dot connections (that may or may not be there) and innuendo.

But regardless of what you wish to believe, prior to the LAC game his minutes were drastically reduced over the previous 11 games.
                                He was giving Ross a shot to get out of his slump. Its hard to have enough playing time for everybody. I'm guessing Ross' minutes have dropped these last couple games.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X