Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He was giving Ross a shot to get out of his slump. Its hard to have enough playing time for everybody. I'm guessing Ross' minutes have dropped these last couple games.
    That is the best theory I've read.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      heh,

your own take is just that an NBA coach decided he wasnt any good anymore..... then of course undecided it again.

hahahhaaaa

Dude, you're a loon sometimes.
      Just showing the hypocrisy that is Craig.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        He was giving Ross a shot to get out of his slump. Its hard to have enough playing time for everybody. I'm guessing Ross' minutes have dropped these last couple games.
        Yup. In fact, it also generally seemed like the staff is trying to shorten the rotation a bit. Have one or two guys play less minutes as they figure out what their best 8 or 9 man rotation is. Now that JJ is back in the rotation, we've seen other guys get less minutes, especially Hansbrough, but to a lesser extent Ross and even Greivis (who mostly is going back to backup minutes).

Comment

• I sense JJ was in the dog house.. and it wasn't a rotation issue despite what Casey said to the media.

I was at the Pelicans game. JJ played 11 minutes, got a T because he's a bone head, and didn't play the rest of the game. He got a DNP against Milwaukee.. played 8, 10, and 3 mins against Memphis, Philly and Detroit. DNP against Indiana, and 7 mins against Sacramento. He then got injured and sat out against Brooklyn, Washington and Milwaukee.

The game before the Pelicans game he played 27 mins.

Coach was probably teaching him a lesson. At least that's my take.

I'm not a Casey fan but I give the benefit of the doubt to him in this case.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            All I did was provide another angle to Superjudge's fantasy.

However prior to the last 11 games, he had not played more than 11 minutes in any with 6 DNPs - of which 4 were attributed to the hamstring injury.

Maybe it was a hamstring injury all along - who knows? I certainly don't. I'm not sure anyone can claim it to be screaming of internal discipline issues since there has been nothing to prove other than dot connections (that may or may not be there) and innuendo.

But regardless of what you wish to believe, prior to the LAC game his minutes were drastically reduced over the previous 11 games.
            I just find it difficult to buy into what many people on here seem think about Casey. That he's so clueless about basketball that he can't see the obvious.
            What I see is a roster composed of decent/solid players, each who excels at a particular thing, playing together and succeeding. Maybe another coach could get better production out of them, maybe he couldn't.

Comment

• JJ's gonna get his groove on after the Wizards game

Comment

• godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                JJ's gonna get his groove on after the Wizards game

Howcome it's just the Raps coming out for special appearances? LOL

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                  Raptors own press conference for the ASG.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I think that JJ will be one of the biggest reasons we win in the playoffs. (If we do of course)

His intensity, defence and SMART shooting will be sooooo important in the playoffs.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                      Because it is in Toronto?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Because it is in Toronto?
                        OH! Lollllll.....I didn't read Toronto anywhere, so I was a bit confused.

Thanks for the clarification :-)

Comment

• Prefer James at the 4 than at the 3.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Prefer James at the 4 than at the 3.
                            JJ & 2pat @ 3/4, JJ will have a direct advantage over many SF because of his size and use of power, and 2pat can drag PF out beyond their comfort areas (and is very quick).

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                              JJ & 2pat @ 3/4, JJ will have a direct advantage over many SF because of his size and use of power, and 2pat can drag PF out beyond their comfort areas (and is very quick).
                              And then smart teams will switch on defense...
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                And then smart teams will switch on defense...
                                Switch how? JJ is basically a PF, he can also use his strength in the post against a 4. Example being how he handled Blake Griffin. I really think the two of them together on the court, in conjunction with Lowry / DD / JV, will be a really tough cover for opposing defenders

Comment

Working...
                                X