Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    I was speaking with one of the medical personnel's of the team ( can not name the name) regarding JJ. He said JJ is so athletically talented that even if he is not in his position in the defence, he can make it there on time but because he sometimes gambles and is not in his position, it creates confusion and causes other guys to rotate and be out of position as well.

He said this is Casey's problem with JJ and JJ needs to learn to stay within the defensive scheme of the team.
    DC needs not be so stubborn. JJ can help the team and DC needs to think about what's best for team. Will he?

Comment

• Sorry I'm with DC on this one, JJ needs to what the coach tells him to do or he should get benched.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
        Sorry I'm with DC on this one, JJ needs to what the coach tells him to do or he should get benched.
        Raptors had one of the worst defense in the NBA. Helping when opposing players have a clear path to the rim is just instinct.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
          Sorry I'm with DC on this one, JJ needs to what the coach tells him to do or he should get benched.
          hard to not leave your man when you see an opponent driving with a clear path to the basket. compromise is all the need. DC promises to start him at the 4 and increase his leash and JJ promises to never take a 3 again in his life..

Comment

• James Johnson just made ESPN's "Best Team You Can Buy Under a $70m Salary Cap" as the 12th man: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...nba-salary-cap
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              James Johnson just made ESPN's "Best Team You Can Buy Under a $70m Salary Cap" as the 12th man: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...nba-salary-cap
              those are some big names he's in the mix with...JJ for starting PF!

Comment

• JJ better get some damn minutes this year! I don't want to see his red slushy-looking head on the bench again
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Back up SF or PF. Whatever it is he needs to play.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Back up SF or PF. Whatever it is he needs to play.
                    His finishing ability is insane. He has an array of euro steps and switches hands like nothing in mid air.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      His finishing ability is insane. He has an array of euro steps and switches hands like nothing in mid air.
                      That's partly because of his history with kung fu and mma
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Back up SF or PF. Whatever it is he needs to play.
                        I didn't mean to watch all 10 mins of it. But before I knew it, I did
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Boy howdy that's some mix.

One has to think that the best possible development from this offseason would be for JJ to earn an even greater spot in the rotation - either starting SF or 2nd off the bench. Say what you will about Casey and how unlikely such a thing might be, but we all know that Johnson of capable of playing more like Draymond Green - the ultimate utility player. Presumably that's what the coaching staff has been trying to nurture.

But now it's all up to James. He's got tenure with Casey now - the guy has been around for a few years, so there's a relationship in spite of the rocks. The leash has been short, but 20 minutes isn't anything to sneeze at either.

You might ask what is different this year than last, but I think the addition of Carroll is huge in that you'd never want Ross and JJ as your 3/4, whereas Carroll/JJ looks tight as a tiger.

Comment

• I want JJ to develop a 3-point shot in his arsenal so he can play the 4 spot and he can stretch the floor beside Carroll on our starting unit. I think this would be much better for our team since he could reserve his athleticism for the defensive end and not have to use too much energy on the offensive except for catching and shooting the ball. Plus he'd increase his value for free agency and potentially get paid more.

The only knock Casey had against JJ is that he didn't know much about the plays and schemes. Hopefully JJ figures those plays out and gets some playing time given to him. Other than the red hair, I don't see any other reason that Casey shouldn't be playing someone as talented as JJ. He better get some damn playing time.
                            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• He certainly makes the game so easy sometimes when Toronto needs it. But, just as fan fav JYD showed, its not gonna matter if you can't play defence properly.

I want to see this guy do well, I really like him.

Comment

• What a waste of a great rotation player. He showed some nice chemistry with lowry and jv in his limited role last season
                                SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X