Everything Malachi Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    Well Down got the playing time over them. Masai specifically said Dowtin has a future on this team, which is deserved. He's a good version of McCaw
    I agree but only when he was specifically asked about Dowtin. Either way, might need some serious help next year

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      I guess Malachi outlasted Nick. It was strange that he didn’t get more run this year. It was also interesting that when Masai mentioned young guys not getting playing time, he mentioned Flynn, Dalano, Harper Jr….but specifically not Dowtin. He did address Jeff when asked about him but it seems like there’s something there.
      I know he only got 13 minutes per game this year, slightly up from last year, but he was just not good. When he got his chances it seemed like he would come in looking to force his own offense and did not look good getting guys into their spots. He is not the future solution and is easily replaceable.

I'm more than fine if he's not back next year.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Well Down got the playing time over them. Masai specifically said Dowtin has a future on this team, which is deserved. He's a good version of McCaw
        Let's never mention McCaw again. Makes me not like Dowtin and I like Dowtin.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Let's never mention McCaw again. Makes me not like Dowtin and I like Dowtin.
          Sorry!

Comment

• Calling it now, if Flynn is still here by season opener he's going to be a regular rotation piece.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Calling it now, if Flynn is still here by season opener he's going to be a regular rotation piece.
              I think he will still be here and definitely not in the rotation.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think he will still be here and definitely not in the rotation.
                Darko might be the best thing that happens to Flynn's career, but we'll need to see what the roster is going to look like.

Comment

• Now that he's a little bulked up, I'm sorry for a comparison somewhat based on physical appearance, but I'm getting some Mike Bibby vibes. Except Bibby's shots...went in.

Cmon Malachi, you can do it man - just gotta drill those jimmies and you'll look serviceable!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Now that he's a little bulked up, I'm sorry for a comparison somewhat based on physical appearance, but I'm getting some Mike Bibby vibes. Except Bibby's shots...went in.

Cmon Malachi, you can do it man - just gotta drill those jimmies and you'll look serviceable!
                    I'd take a poor mans Bibby, but as you noted, Bibby made shots.

If Flynn can't make shots he's gonna lose the backup PG spot to someone else.

Comment

• I feel for Flynn... especially since he has played the good soldier all the years here. Since Bane was brought up earler here wasn't Darko credited with sort of spurring his development with the Grizzlies? Maybe he can sprinkle his magic dust onto Malachi
                      Last edited by Bendit; Wed Oct 18, 2023, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Malachi has been an ok shooter even in his lacklustre nba career, I think he’ll right the ship. Playing with a slightly better lineup like we’ll see in the regular season should help as well.

Comment

• I haven't seen anything to make me think Malachi is an NBA rotation player. Maybe darko gives him a chance to start the season but I'm not holding out hope. Would rather just get a vet backup PG like delon wright to fill out the spot and try again
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            I haven't seen anything to make me think Malachi is an NBA rotation player. Maybe darko gives him a chance to start the season but I'm not holding out hope. Would rather just get a vet backup PG like delon wright to fill out the spot and try again
                            I have no idea why it's so hard to find a serviceable veteran backup PG. Temple, Malachi & Dowtin together eat up $9M in salary. That's almost double what Shake Milton makes. If we want to go bargain bin, reclamation project, then Utah scooped us Kris Dunn and he's making only $2.6M. This is where our pro scouting is really letting us down. Raps are good at drafting, but our pro scouts need to be fired. I mean us RR posters do a better job of predicting under-valued breakout candidates, than our front office.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I have no idea why it's so hard to find a serviceable veteran backup PG. Temple, Malachi & Dowtin together eat up $9M in salary. That's almost double what Shake Milton makes. If we want to go bargain bin, reclamation project, then Utah scooped us Kris Dunn and he's making only $2.6M. This is where our pro scouting is really letting us down. Raps are good at drafting, but our pro scouts need to be fired. I mean us RR posters do a better job of predicting under-valued breakout candidates, than our front office.
                              Dowtin is getting cut but it still is bizarre that they are paying $7 million to Flynn and Temple when there was no need to pay either one. You start adding guys like Young and Porter and there is so much $ being paid to players who add nothing on court. I can see doing that with guys who have been with you forever as a goodwill gesture but the Raps are giving it to random players.

Comment

• I think they meant to use Thad as salary ballast in a big trade, but that never transpired. He could have been waived for about $1M but we retained him. Temple was likely brought in as a vet minimum to replace Thad.. but again Thad never got traded. At this point it makes no sense to keep Temple if they can't find a suitor for Thad in a trade. But I digress.

As for Flynn.. the problem is he's at best a PnR guard and he's been playing preseason with Thad and Gueye. He hasn't had the ability to play with Poeltl.. and if he did I think his game would look 1000% times better. But unfortunately for him he's not going to be able to play with Poeltl much even if he was healthy. He's our backup guard. And we don't have a good PnR big off the bench assuming Koloko is a non factor. Dowtin doesn't need to play pick and roll to be effective. And that's what makes him a better fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X