No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyway this is fine. trent is a decent young player.

lowry trade has to be coming at this point. we're clearly trying to get younger.

just kind of boring to actually be rebuilding.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Powell > Trent. And it's not close either.
      One is a 28 year old in his 7th season and the other is 22, yet go play a season and a half worth of games.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• OG and Trent close to the same age

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I don't know why Portland wants Norm.. they need defensive players, not more scoring. I mean they have Lillard/McCollum/Melo and Norm now. What are they doing? Trent was defending Lebron 1:1 in the playoffs.
          Yeah I don't see it on their end but I don't understand their long-term strategy anyway. I have no idea what they're hoping to get out of running back Dam/CJ/Stotts year after year with tweaks around the edges. They're the Raptors if they never had the balls to pull the trigger to get out of the Lowry/DeRozan/Casey era.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Trent is controllable salary wise for and matches OG timeline

Masai is into something

Comment

• Guessing trent in means no Herro.

Comment

• The Raptors got immense value out of Powell so far. Now its time to cash out on him and also rightfully so, its time for him to cash in this summer. I'll miss Powell, he's been a nice player for the team. I'd love to see him come back someday.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I don't know why Portland wants Norm.. they need defensive players, not more scoring. I mean they have Lillard/McCollum/Melo and Norm now. What are they doing? Trent was defending Lebron 1:1 in the playoffs.
                  Get all the scorers?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Way cheaper. RFA always get worse deals and Powell is "better" as many have stated, Powell will likely get a deal 2X larger than Trent.
                    He turned down a $54M extension by the Blazers.. so he's expecting at least around $15M per. I bet we could have had Norm for around $17M.

I do like that Trent is a better defender though. That might make us tangibly better.. but I guess it's a wait and see.

Also Trent has a $2M cap hold, where as Norm (assuming he opts out) had a $16-17M cap hold.

So could be a free agent player (depending on what happens with Kyle).. but I cringe thinking about that considering all the great free agents we've acquired during the years.

Comment

• Goal is not to be good right now. So Norm is better now but that's the point with this trade
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Trent’s growth was a bit hindered playing behind CJ

I think he is kind of a Nurse guy who plays at both ends and has a decent range

much like OG

Comment

• Ya, every time I've watched them, I've thought I liked the kid. I guess it's just the sentimental attachment to Norm. We can Try Trent out for the remainder of the season and see if we want to match any suiters. I'm excited to watch him play.

Comment

• I think we better lower our expectations on a Lowry trade.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

That's the best we can get for Norm?
                              why Masai,, why??
                              Sooner have kept Norm for that one. Kyle staying and masai felt the pressure to get something done?
                              I'm OK with with it considering their age but we better still hit it out of the park with Kyle. If he stays, this makes even less sense
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Mar 25, 2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Norm is SLIGHTLY better than Trent right now, and Norm is PEAKED at 27, Trent still got a lot of potentials, yes All star potential, and Trent is cheaper and younger. Meanwhile....I think Lowry is STAYING

Comment

Working...
                                X