No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am still very curious to see whether they cut out the physical claw and the Dino because the Grand scheme is to leave the Dino behind... All it really is; is a ball with a claw mark. I still strongly believe there will be another logo unveiled. Far too much hype and excitement for this to be it for the logo, like I'm sure the jerseys are great but the logo is the first th9ng that identifies your team, I'm sure there is more to this.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      To me, the problem is that they tried to follow the existing lines on the basketball with the rip marks, which is okay on the top two, but produces this really dramatic curve on the bottom; it looks less like the claw savagely ripped something, and more like it was tracing lines. That said, I actually like this a lot better than the previous version (three claws above the basketball), which never had good balance to me: too much empty space inside the logo. This is a much tighter design.

I like the choice of type; the classic 'athletic' font where all curves are changed to angles. (I was once told that this type of font was originally used for name and numbering on sports jerseys because the angular font was much faster to sew than a font with a lot of curves). And no, it's nothing like the hipster font that Brooklyn uses; it blows my mind that anyone would even suggest these are similar fonts.

There's nothing amazing here, but it's not dreadful either. I get that they're trying to still reference dinosaurs but get as far away from cartoony as they can, hence something flat, one-colour, angular, simple. And I think they found a good concept for that, but there's something a little 'off' in the execution. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole uniforms.
      totally agree. that secondary claw logo was just god awful.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• WoW... thats exactly whats missing in the original logo. Please buy this design from the dude, MLSE.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            Wow, some pretty passionate hate for the logo. I don't mind it, excited to see what the new unis look like.

All this hate is hilarious because all the haters are still going to rock it.
            I'm not. I'm going to buy as much claw stuff as possible before they phase it out.

The claw was basically the best logo in basketball. They could have kept it forever imo.

The fan design with claws on it is a huge improvement from the bland redesign but I doubt MLSE/Sid Lee has the humility to accept that they screwed up. It's tracking at 2-1 dislike to like right now, can't put lipstick on a pig.

Comment

• This was going to happen no matter what, wasn't it?
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I can't see this image, in the original post, or the next post

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                  I can't see this image, in the original post, or the next post
                  me neither, try clicking on the tags
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• yeah for some reason instagram pics sometimes don't show up

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Wow that is incredible. If they are sticking with the Dino version of a raptor than they should definitely use this logo. Some tweet it at Drake, the raps and sidlee. Night and day difference suprisingly

Comment

• It's still looks kinda like Grizzlies alternative

Comment

• I don't know, I don't like how there's the real claws then the claw marks. Sorta looks like the claw's just gonna fall through the ball haha, but I do like the idea of incorporating real claws into the logo and using those colours.

Comment

• The one with claws might look good as a image but you gotta wonder how it'll look on merchandise etc.

Comment

• it aint even a thing, the nets are irrelevant, if our shi tlook slike theirs, theirs looks like our IMO, fuck um, we liked it and stole that from that shitty ass franchise....whos gonna take it back? Bogdanovich?

Comment

• Would've been better if they got some kind of fan input during the process. This design feels like a rough draft. They're on the right track but not good enough for a finished product

Comment

Working...
                                X