Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    I'm on team trade Gary.

Would much rather use MLE money on a big, something we actually need.

Throw some money at Jalen Smith in the offseason. Way better investment than paying Gary.
    Depending on what trades they make at the deadline, keeping Gary and having either the MLE or some MLE+ cap room is very much on the table.

The whole point here is it's not an either/or. If they want to use something close to max cap room to chase a single big signing, sure, but otherwise, they can keep Gary and also do smaller FA signings.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
      Have a feeling one of 29 teams will offer more than we do. This is mgmt job to get a read on whether or not he likes it here and might stay for a fair offer. If they have any doubt hed stay and can get a first - trade him. I want him for playoffs but not sure we’ll be in playoffs next little while
      Well, part of the reason I'm thinking they might keep him is I doubt there is much trade market for him. Probably more value in moving guys like Brown and Schroder and possibly even Boucher or Otto or Thad.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        And why have we not learned any lessons yet? it's been 4 years!!!! Trent is in one those hot streaks right now. You know he's going to go on another cold streak. It's just a matter of time. C'mon guys.
        Just play him for the hot streaks then!

Comment

• As of now, would you guys like to see him back next season or not? And why?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
            As of now, would you guys like to see him back next season or not? And why?
            I’ve been thinking about his fit and roster building for next year. Ideally I’d love for us to add a defensive starting caliber small forward to complete the first 5 IQ, RJ, new 3, Scottie, and Jakob. I think Trent could thrive on a new bench unit that actually has good players. Kelly, Trent, Grady are 3 legit NBA guys. Mix in one of the starters and another bench guy and that’s a good nine man rotation.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

No. Why? because 1. he's low IQ and 2. he's not a winning player.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

On a reasonable deal for a bench role, then I'm fine with him coming back. I'm not sure what "reasonable" is though. When he is engaged and aggessive on both ends I think he can be a positive. I have just seen so much passivity from him over the past few years that I'm not sure I'd want to roll the dice. Would suck paying Gary for term only to realize later that there is a better option among the end of benchers. Maybe he'd be open to a 2 year deal, rebuild his value and test the market in a couple of seasons to see if he can nab a big bag.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

On a reasonable deal for a bench role, then I'm fine with him coming back. I'm not sure what "reasonable" is though. When he is engaged and aggessive on both ends I think he can be a positive. I have just seen so much passivity from him over the past few years that I'm not sure I'd want to roll the dice. Would suck paying Gary for term only to realize later that there is a better option among the end of benchers. Maybe he'd be open to a 2 year deal, rebuild his value and test the market in a couple of seasons to see if he can nab a big bag.
                  Yeah like 2 years 10M$ per with no options.

Comment

Yeah like 2 years 10M$ per with no options.
                    I'd be willing to go even higher, perhaps as much as 15M per, but only on a short term deal. I'm not sure 4yr/60 is a good idea. And something tells me Gary wants more, and its possible the only way he gets it is to outplay a short term with hopes of getting the great contract after.

Comment

• Bump.

So long Gary, thank you for your service.

Comment

• Happy for GTJ that he finally found a new team this offseason, Bucks can definitely give him more exposure and hopefully he can elevate his
                        game more to a new and more stable lengthy contract beyond 2024.

He was a true professional when he was with the Raps, never publicly complained during the Nurse and midget VanVleet tumultuous love affair year.

Congrats and thank you for your service.

Comment

• Agree that Bucks are a team that needs a Gary shot-in-the-arm. And Gary needs a team that needs that. He’ll also be one of their youngest players.

Comment

• Good riddance.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Good fit for him. Total pro

Comment

• He has good efficiency on catch and shoot 3s. He should get a lot more of those playing with Giannis and Dame.

Good decision for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X