No announcement yet.

Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not trading Trent for the sake of trading him because you hate his game LOL.

Same reasoning applied to people who criticizes VanVleet’s game…like me.

If there is a trade, both players are ideal pieces to a bigger trade.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Trent is listed as 6'5" and 209 lbs, that's really lean for his height. Not sure what you were expecting as far as working on his body but he's never going to be a widebody or comparable in physical development to "the other (young) core guys" like Achiuwa and OG unless he gets on some special vitamins

Fred is kinda soft but Pascal is lean like GTJr.
      Bodying guys/bully ball will never be part of his game so weight in of no advantage other than potentially slowing him down.
      Dude appears to be in great shape to me.
      Actually Pascal is a really good comparison because he's lean but doesn't look soft. Gary doesn't look like he hit the weights much so is lacking the strength pascal has to guard guys through contact.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        We are not trading Trent for the sake of trading him because you hate his game LOL.

Same reasoning applied to people who criticizes VanVleet’s game…like me.

If there is a trade, both players are ideal pieces to a bigger trade.
        this

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

this
          Unless you are willing to take your chances on a Ben Simmons eventually returning to the player he was which I wouldn't advice it.

Comment

• I wonder would okc move Shai and take back Westbrook?

Lakers get Trent and fred
            raptors get Shai
            Okc get Westbrook and 4 1sts, 2 each from Lakers and raptors. I thought I read Lakers have 2 distant 1sts they can move, not sure if thats true. And I really have no idea what okc is doing. If I was GM of that team, I'd trade every asset I had to surround Shai with a good team. Nothing else they have is very interesting, and at least, swapping Shai with Westbrook might get them closer to Wemby.

Seems like great move for the Lakers, could really turn their season around, not sure how they value those remaining picks they have available. The Raps giving up more than the Lakers is unfortunate, but okc isn't taking Westbrook and giving up Shai for less than 4 picks I'm assuming, and the Raps are getting the best player in the deal. Might have to be tweeked a little but a deal like this is something Raps should be exploring.

Shai, Barnes, OG, Pascal and koloko with Precious, Boucher, Porter, and thad off the bench would be a contender next season, if not this one. Just need another good ball handler to fill out the bench.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              I wonder would okc move Shai and take back Westbrook?

raptors get Shai
              Okc get Westbrook and 4 1sts, 2 each from Lakers and raptors. I thought I read Lakers have 2 distant 1sts they can move, not sure if thats true. And I really have no idea what okc is doing. If I was GM of that team, I'd trade every asset I had to surround Shai with a good team. Nothing else they have is very interesting, and at least, swapping Shai with Westbrook might get them closer to Wemby.

Seems like great move for the Lakers, could really turn their season around, not sure how they value those remaining picks they have available. The Raps giving up more than the Lakers is unfortunate, but okc isn't taking Westbrook and giving up Shai for less than 4 picks I'm assuming, and the Raps are getting the best player in the deal. Might have to be tweeked a little but a deal like this is something Raps should be exploring.

Shai, Barnes, OG, Pascal and koloko with Precious, Boucher, Porter, and thad off the bench would be a contender next season, if not this one. Just need another good ball handler to fill out the bench.
              I think that trade works!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Actually Pascal is a really good comparison because he's lean but doesn't look soft. Gary doesn't look like he hit the weights much so is lacking the strength pascal has to guard guys through contact.
                Some of you guys must be ripped

Comment

I wonder would okc move Shai and take back Westbrook?

raptors get Shai

It sounds like it should be great for everyone, but we'd me moving our best shooters for another guy doesn't shoot. Maybe it's one of those situations where you just take the upgrade in talent and figure it out afterwards but initially it doesn't sound like a promising offense.

Comment

It sounds like it should be great for everyone, but we'd me moving our best shooters for another guy doesn't shoot. Maybe it's one of those situations where you just take the upgrade in talent and figure it out afterwards but initially it doesn't sound like a promising offense.
                    I thought Shai was a better shooter. You're right, could get a little congested.

Comment

• i don't think LA would do that deal either. adding fred and trent still doesn't make them a contender and also makes them super guard-heavy. they're better off trading davis and whoever else to start a rebuild than to trade their lone remaining future assets to win now, even without the rights to their pick this year.

they are effed, it is great

Comment

• I know we all want Shai but he's not getting moved anytime soon, and not for Westbrook corpse and some bad / very far away picks.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                          i don't think LA would do that deal either. adding fred and trent still doesn't make them a contender and also makes them super guard-heavy. they're better off trading davis and whoever else to start a rebuild than to trade their lone remaining future assets to win now, even without the rights to their pick this year.

they are effed, it is great
                          Yes that is exactly what they should do, but they won't of course. They are not in the running for Wemby regardless of what they do so hard to see them scrapping the team now.

Comment

I thought Shai was a better shooter. You're right, could get a little congested.
                            Oh for sure, but hey a duo of Shai and Barnes as the future of this team is pretty darn promising.

Comment

Oh for sure, but hey a duo of Shai and Barnes as the future of this team is pretty darn promising.
                              it would be really goodd

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Unless you are willing to take your chances on a Ben Simmons eventually returning to the player he was which I wouldn't advice it.
                                nope would not suggest that in the slightest as you hinted at

Comment

Working...
                                X