X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Turner is only 25. And he's got a really good contract. They are stacked at guard. If they are trying to fix a position it would be wing. So far they only have Warren (who's hurt and will be a UFA), Holiday (bench player), Lamb (also a bench player), and Brissett who's a depth piece at this point.

If we're looking at trading for Turner I think it would have to be for someone like OG unfortunately. Or we just pass. I'd rather pass.
    I am not sure about that because here is the one thing about Turner. He is injury prone. I agree though I think that we may not have enough to get him. That said, that will make a decision between Sabonis, and Turner. I also think they may be a good landing spot for Simmons.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

They have not. Levert went down with the "c" diagnosis during the trade thing last year and then had surgery and was out. Warren has been injured. Brogdon gets injured. They are interesting but yeah. I do think they need to choose this year between the two centers.
    Turner is only 25. And he's got a really good contract. They are stacked at guard. If they are trying to fix a position it would be wing. So far they only have Warren (who's hurt and will be a UFA), Holiday (bench player), Lamb (also a bench player), and Brissett who's a depth piece at this point.

If we're looking at trading for Turner I think it would have to be for someone like OG unfortunately. Or we just pass. I'd rather pass.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Indiana will be pretty good at full strength. I'm not sure they have ever had Brogdon, Levert, Warren, Sabonis and Turner on the floor at the same time. If they start tearing that down then they may as well go full rebuild. I'd be surprised if they go that direction given theyve only recently started putting this team together...but who knows.
    They have not. Levert went down with the "c" diagnosis during the trade thing last year and then had surgery and was out. Warren has been injured. Brogdon gets injured. They are interesting but yeah. I do think they need to choose this year between the two centers.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Indiana will be pretty good at full strength. I'm not sure they have ever had Brogdon, Levert, Warren, Sabonis and Turner on the floor at the same time. If they start tearing that down then they may as well go full rebuild. I'd be surprised if they go that direction given theyve only recently started putting this team together...but who knows.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

If Indy moves either of their bigs, and wants out of the salary primarily, the Raps' offer of Boucher (useful expiring), Dragic (maybe kinda useful expiring) and Flynn (prospect guard) could be pretty decent. Would likely mean a little additional salary coming from Indy but that can be sorted out.

I don't think Houston moves Wood, and even if they do I'm not sure the Raps are interested in that sort of player. And if they were, and Houston does move him, I think Houston asks for too much, and Raps probably balk at giving up a pick (and who can blame them with the return they get when they use them).
    Yes…really crossing my fingers to get one of Indiana’s big

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

If your trade chips are Boucher and Dragic…either you get a tier 3 player like Porzingis who still has money owed of 33.8 million next year and a player option the following year (this was discussed before and not a popular choice in this forum)

SGA - may take a Van Vleet
    Ayton - may take Siakam BUT based on your recent posts, Siakam is untouchable for you
    Nurkic - don’t see any trade soon from Portland who is after contending and getting Boucher with Dragic will not move the needle for them.

The Indiana situation is very interesting, I suspect they are sellers by the deadline if they continue to thread water. They have two bigs, either of whom most likely be shipped out.

Houston with Christian Wood is also another circumstance to watch for.
    If Indy moves either of their bigs, and wants out of the salary primarily, the Raps' offer of Boucher (useful expiring), Dragic (maybe kinda useful expiring) and Flynn (prospect guard) could be pretty decent. Would likely mean a little additional salary coming from Indy but that can be sorted out.

I don't think Houston moves Wood, and even if they do I'm not sure the Raps are interested in that sort of player. And if they were, and Houston does move him, I think Houston asks for too much, and Raps probably balk at giving up a pick (and who can blame them with the return they get when they use them).

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

those are off season moves to get those SGA, Ayton, Nurkic is different. Nurkic is gettable if Portland starts to sell off assets. We may be able to get him with boucher and future assets and perhaps someone else like Flynn.

If I didn't say it before I will say it now. Salary implications are part of the problem hence those are off season moves. I have a trade in mind for SGA, Blake Murphy mentioned it in passing on air as well. But again its an off season move otherwise it would require multiple teams. Anything else?

Ayton is more complex I haven't really been able to come up with a frame work that makes sense right now.
    If your trade chips are Boucher and Dragic…either you get a tier 3 player like Porzingis who still has money owed of 33.8 million next year and a player option the following year (this was discussed before and not a popular choice in this forum)

SGA - may take a Van Vleet
    Ayton - may take Siakam BUT based on your recent posts, Siakam is untouchable for you
    Nurkic - don’t see any trade soon from Portland who is after contending and getting Boucher with Dragic will not move the needle for them.

The Indiana situation is very interesting, I suspect they are sellers by the deadline if they continue to thread water. They have two bigs, either of whom most likely be shipped out.

Houston with Christian Wood is also another circumstance to watch for.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I like Moses Brown. I would try to get him. A little bit of Bebe in him but maybe we'll get it right this time.

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

He's one of those players fans chant and go crazy for when they're up 20 plus late, like tacko fall as mixx mentioned, or Bruno back when he was 2 years away.
    I don't think he(Bol) is an impactful player right now.

I also think that Flynn does not fit our direction in terms of style of play.

If anyone could breath life into the potential of Bol it would be our front office and 905 team. So a Flynn-Bol swap allows us to not change roles currently, but in the future we now have an end of bench player that has more potential in our current style of play (long, agile, mobile).

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Haven't watch him play much, but some Nuggets fan are saying the Bol Bol has terrible BBIQ, especially on defense, despite his size. That's why Malone doesn't trust him.
    He's one of those players fans chant and go crazy for when they're up 20 plus late, like tacko fall as mixx mentioned, or Bruno back when he was 2 years away.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Haven't watch him play much, but some Nuggets fan are saying the Bol Bol has terrible BBIQ, especially on defense, despite his size. That's why Malone doesn't trust him.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Honestly I don't feel Bol Bol got his sea legs under him to be effective player. He's kind of meme to me like Tacko

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post

I don't think Boucher is very good or that he will ever become very good. Precious isn't good but could become good. Birch isn't great and is paid accordingly. Boucher seems like the kind of guy who isn't as good as the perception might be, so he's a good trade option. I'd much rather have the unlimited range and shoot off the bounce potential of Bones Hyland than Boucher right now.
    boucher is also one of the oldest on the team. I believe the second oldest. He is older than Siakam. He is 28 years old . This is suppposed to be his prime. I thought he could be come a more consistent bench player but his play is all over the place. He chucks, has no vision, can't pass. We did him a solid with the last contract. Time to move along now. The teams play is typically worse with him on the floor. He chucks. he looks to chuck. He has the length to grab boards but he can't even be trusted to make a pass in transition that is 5-10 feet away.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post

I don't think Boucher is very good or that he will ever become very good. Precious isn't good but could become good. Birch isn't great and is paid accordingly. Boucher seems like the kind of guy who isn't as good as the perception might be, so he's a good trade option. I'd much rather have the unlimited range and shoot off the bounce potential of Bones Hyland than Boucher right now.
    I was referring to Bol Bol. Hyland is a different story, I'd definitely take a 2021 first round pick getting rotation minutes on a good team.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    People must really hate Chris boucher lol tryna flip him for a human victory cigar

Leave a comment:

Working...
X