Clear All

• Why Scottie Barnes could be the steal of the NBA draft

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/why...031955529.html

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Why Scottie Barnes could be the steal of the NBA draft

I do think him, Kuminga and Green have the highest upsides in the draft, we'll see which of them turns into stars.

Comment

• Now I’m imagining a monster lineup of Barnes-OG-Pascal-Boucher-Birch hahaha
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If Scottie doesn't have that rough of a February, shooting splits look noticeably different. Outside of that month Scottie is shooting around 31% from 3 (vs 27.5%)... I feel like thats the difference between most people saying his shot is "broken" vs he has potential from beyond the arc, which is what people say about Mobley who shot 32% from 3 (mechanics aside because Mobley's aren't so special either tbh). I know it's easy/convenient to say if A or B didn't happen, X would be the outcome but I still find it interesting. Even the FG% and FT% were down in Feb.

Comment

• I think it was Chad Ford or someone on his podcast. But they were saying the Barnes shot worse in college than he did in high school. And Cade had never shot as well as he did this season.

It was a weird year, perhaps his numbers were a little off, and teams are saying his mechanics did look better in workouts

Comment

• Takes off a foot inside the free throw line at 2:02

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

If Scottie doesn't have that rough of a February, shooting splits look noticeably different. Outside of that month Scottie is shooting around 31% from 3 (vs 27.5%)... I feel like thats the difference between most people saying his shot is "broken" vs he has potential from beyond the arc, which is what people say about Mobley who shot 32% from 3 (mechanics aside because Mobley's aren't so special either tbh). I know it's easy/convenient to say if A or B didn't happen, X would be the outcome but I still find it interesting. Even the FG% and FT% were down in Feb.
                This along with reports saying he shot and performed well in general during the Raptors work outs does give me hope that he has and will continue to improve his offensive game.

Comment

• Taking Bosh's number.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Taking Bosh's number.
                    Great choice, chris who ? Get that garbage out of here

Comment

• Barnes 4, OG 3, Siakam 43... the monster front court is coming together.... (still talking myself into this pick lol)

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        Now I’m imagining a monster lineup of Barnes-OG-Pascal-Boucher-Birch hahaha
                        I'm thinking of a full OG, pascal, scottie front court. Down low bruisers are rare nowadays you can roll that out most night. OG played some of the best defense in the league on Jokoic, so he has it in him to defend elite centers. Just need some big body strictly for embiid,jv and aytons of the world
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Why Scottie Barnes could be the steal of the NBA draft

This video got me more hyped about him. All the work he's done since the season ended getting ready for the draft. His shot does look a lot better. Those catch and shoot 3s are just what he needs to make to keep defenses honest. His size, length, athleticism, and strength are all pretty elite. I think we can play him, OG, and Pascal at the 3-5 and just they all switch on defense and share the C duties. Having a big man who can bring it up the floor will make for a lot more fast breaks.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

This video got me more hyped about him. All the work he's done since the season ended getting ready for the draft. His shot does look a lot better. Those catch and shoot 3s are just what he needs to make to keep defenses honest. His size, length, athleticism, and strength are all pretty elite. I think we can play him, OG, and Pascal at the 3-5 and just they all switch on defense and share the C duties. Having a big man who can bring it up the floor will make for a lot more fast breaks.
                            This happens every time the Raptors draft lol. All we need is Mixx now.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think we can play him, OG, and Pascal at the 3-5 and just they all switch on defense and share the C duties. Having a big man who can bring it up the floor will make for a lot more fast breaks.
                              I think this would be the best utilization of his skills. Any of those guys can rebound and then push it up the court. The switchability of our front court will be insane.

Now seeing that he's good friends with Greg Brown, we should've tried to move up to get him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

This happens every time the Raptors draft lol. All we need is Mixx now.
                                Ya, you just have to accept the results at this point and look for the positives. Mixx is coming around already.

Comment

Working...
                                X