Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

You keep harping on injury prone. But did you ever think it could be a organization protecting their star asset and not throwing him out there with small injuries which could turn into something major over playing on something minor?
    Let's say you're right. Nothing changes the fact that there's always something going on with him. If it's not his thumb it's his knee, hip, now wrist. And in case you haven't noticed, Barnes is hobbling every game.

Also, if what you're saying is true then they should've shut him down after the first Summer League game.
    Last edited by The Great One; Tue Jan 25, 2022, 08:01 PM.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

You keep harping on injury prone. But did you ever think it could be a organization protecting their star asset and not throwing him out there with small injuries which could turn into something major over playing on something minor?

I believe Barnes wants 2 play..but team doctor and organization are soft..it's the Kawli thing..I don't know, maybe it's good thing..get some of these clowns to play better and get there trade value up..than get rid of them..
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Let's say you're right. Nothing changes the fact that there's always something going on with him. If it's not his thumb it's his knee, hip, now wrist. And in case you haven't noticed, Barnes is hobbling every game.

Also, if what you're saying is true then they should've shut him down after the first Summer League game.
        There's less elevation in his jumps.
        Something in his lower body must be bugging him.
        When I watch him play, he lacks that speed and athleticism.
        He often gets blown by too.
        That lateral quickness is absent.
        Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Jan 25, 2022, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Get well soon Rook.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Every good team in the league has reliable centers, Cleveland even has 3.
            It's more on their inability to acquire or draft one.
            Remember that theyre high on Mobley too.
            .... evan mobley is literally going to be one of the all time greats so not a fair comparison. We wanted him. In fact if we had even mobley as much as I love Barnes no one would be talking about any sort of non-sense regarding trading siakam.

I think after that occurred management pivoted towards lets do all positionless and truly experiment with this. Because Mobley was one of the only centers available who could have REALLY gone towards a positionless style or near positionless with his switchability.

Comment

the true answer is AAU screws these kids up ... they are sometimes playing up to 5 games in a weekend in their teens. It's really messed up actually.

Also if its tendinitis it can flair up in different spots.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

There's less elevation in his jumps.
                Something in his lower body must be bugging him.
                When I watch him play, he lacks that speed and athleticism.
                He often gets blown by too.
                That lateral quickness is absent.
                he was getting blown by regardless at the beginning of the season because he is over aggressive when hedging.

Comment

82 game grind. Hits guys different. A year or two in the NBA training regimen and he'll be more resilient to little stuff, but I agree with berta that it's a good sign that they are looking to protect him from that grind at least sporadically throughout the season by holding him out.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Do Scottie and Fred play against the Bulls tonight? Was it a load management decision due to the back to back, and 3 games in 4 nights? If so maybe they rest OG or Pascal for tonight's game.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

the true answer is AAU screws these kids up ... they are sometimes playing up to 5 games in a weekend in their teens. It's really messed up actually.

Also if its tendinitis it can flair up in different spots.
                      Scottie at this age has a body of a 3 year NBA player.
                      Even Kawhi and Giannis didnt get bulked up this fast.
                      Most of Scottie's injuries are gym related- knee tendinitis, wrist, etc.
                      Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Jan 26, 2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

82 game grind. Hits guys different. A year or two in the NBA training regimen and he'll be more resilient to little stuff, but I agree with berta that it's a good sign that they are looking to protect him from that grind at least sporadically throughout the season by holding him out.
                        Are they protecting him from the grind, or are they letting him get ground down and then reacting out of necessity? It would seem the latter.... given our hard-earned reputation for playing starters heavy minutes.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Are they protecting him from the grind, or are they letting him get ground down and then reacting out of necessity? It would seem the latter.... given our hard-earned reputation for playing starters heavy minutes.
                          I don't know! But if they are holding him out for something described as "soreness" I'm not sure that qualifies as playing him through anything. Obviously there's been some element of playing through stuff but it's not like the only times he has sat he's been suffering sprains to force him out. Held him out 2 games, 3 games (that one might have been COVID?), 1 game, 1 game, and now this one (which may end up longer than one game of course).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't know! But if they are holding him out for something described as "soreness" I'm not sure that qualifies as playing him through anything. Obviously there's been some element of playing through stuff but it's not like the only times he has sat he's been suffering sprains to force him out. Held him out 2 games, 3 games (that one might have been COVID?), 1 game, 1 game, and now this one (which may end up longer than one game of course).
                            Siakam was quoted as saying that he played through shoulder soreness last year, which ended up requiring surgery. We played him 40+ minutes on back-to-backs in meaningless games while we were tanking. That was crazy. I don't know if we can give the medical staff benefit of the doubt, unconditionally, on the issue of protecting players. People will bring up Kawhi, but we had no choice.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Protecting him from the grind? they're not doing a great job then. Why would you let a 20 year old rookie SF guard a 6'11 300lbs behemoth like Nurkic?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Protecting him from the grind? they're not doing a great job then. Why would you let a 20 year old rookie SF guard a 6'11 300lbs behemoth like Nurkic?
                                They swap him on literally everyone not just nurkic. this is a silly notion. Also if you are suggesting it be pascal? pascal was coming off shoulder injury. Then if you want to discuss the centers.. birch has been injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X