Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    It’s probably 6’10 in shoes, which is still about an 1” taller… which is still cool. The barometer is when he stands next to Pascal. Scottie was noticeable shorter than him last year.
    an inch or two here or there does not matter any longer.

Dennis Rodman was 6'7 and was the best rebounder in NBA history.

Kawhi is also 6'7 and is great in any assignment given to him.

Understanding how to expend his game, maturity (as much as some people did not like Kawhi robot unemotional like demeanor during games or interviews, there is something to be said about some of the silliness & constantly smiling/hugging everyone Barnes sees. Don't get me wrong I understand he is a positive young man with tremendous personality that still have years to mature but I want the end product to be a little bit less friendly, less silly and more intimidating towards the competition.)

Tenacity will get him farther than possible extra 2 inches.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

an inch or two here or there does not matter any longer.

Dennis Rodman was 6'7 and was the best rebounder in NBA history.

Kawhi is also 6'7 and is great in any assignment given to him.

Understanding how to expend his game, maturity (as much as some people did not like Kawhi robot unemotional like demeanor during games or interviews, there is something to be said about some of the silliness & constantly smiling/hugging everyone Barnes sees. Don't get me wrong I understand he is a positive young man with tremendous personality that still have years to mature but I want the end product to be a little bit less friendly, less silly and more intimidating towards the competition.)

Tenacity will get him farther than possible extra 2 inches.
      Scottie's got buckets of tenacity -- and his focus and maturity will naturally improve.

Joy, though, has the potential to be an even stronger weapon, imo. You simply don't see athletes wield joy like Scottie does. (That's probably subconsciously one of the reasons why people compare him to Magic...)

Listen to Durant talk about him. They're all afraid of what Scottie's got. Scottie isn't fronting for anybody.

Fuk any fake tough guy shit.

Kawhi is Kawhi.

Dennis is Dennis.

Scottie needs to be Scottie.

(And I think an extra 2 inches could help him just fine when he's looking to tear down the Giannis's and Embiids of the world.)

Comment

• The Smiling Assassin.

Killing them with kindness.

In all seriousness though, he has shown signs of trying to get under people's skin.
        His look back when out on a break.
        The way he flipped Durant while holding the ball
        His celebrations

He might be smiling, but that doesn't mean he isn't trying to kill em.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
          He might be smiling, but that doesn't mean he isn't trying to kill em.
          This.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Scottie's got buckets of tenacity -- and his focus and maturity will naturally improve.
            That's my hope as well.

But we don't know that.

Lots of players tend to be happy during their rookie years especially when they do well. Its all new and glamorous when its starts but how you deal with lofty goals & expectations down the line when the pressure is on and some of the fans might turn on you (because you didn't meet them) and how you deal with that will determine everything.

I mean lets compare a guy like a Vince Carter and a Kobe. By all intended and purposes they were very gifted athletically + good shooters and early on during their careers when they were considered pretty even skill wise were almost traded for one another (Some truth to the rumors of Kobe was offered for Vince when he wasn't getting along with management and role on the team in L.A). But after a season or two it clearly showed which player meteoric rise has just began and which player meteoric rise has quickly plateaued.

Was it simply maturity, tenacity? desire to improve?! Something more that Kobe had that Vince lacked that prevented Vince from reaching his level?!

I am just rambling and playing devil's advocate here, during the dog days of nothing Raptor significant happening.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

That's my hope as well.

But we don't know that.

Lots of players tend to be happy during their rookie years especially when they do well. Its all new and glamorous when its starts but how you deal with lofty goals & expectations down the line when the pressure is on and some of the fans might turn on you (because you didn't meet them) and how you deal with that will determine everything.

I mean lets compare a guy like a Vince Carter and a Kobe. By all intended and purposes they were very gifted athletically + good shooters and early on during their careers when they were considered pretty even skill wise were almost traded for one another (Some truth to the rumors of Kobe was offered for Vince when he wasn't getting along with management and role on the team in L.A). But after a season or two it clearly showed which player meteoric rise has just began and which player meteoric rise has quickly plateaued.

Was it simply maturity, tenacity? desire to improve?! Something more that Kobe had that Vince lacked that prevented Vince from reaching his level?!

I am just rambling and playing devil's advocate here, during the dog days of nothing Raptor significant happening.

Scottie's demeanor and personality has always been like that since HS and college.

Comment

• https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/...em4lcxuxzgsldw

Discuss.

Comment

• Scottie is in good company making that list.

The Evan Mobley choice ahead of him is obviously the one that stands out because for one they were in the same draft class and two Scottie beat him out for ROY. Kind of surprised Trae is listed lower than a bunch of those guys as I would have thought he'd be at 4 on that list.

Comment

• They polled 15 anonymous executives. Three of them must have been in draft positions 1, 2, and 3. Sour grapes.

Comment

• Maybe it just gives him an even bigger chip on his shoulder

Comment

• Comment

• Mobley and Edwards should not be ahead of scottie, bit I understand the others as a more proven force.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/p9ybo4GJjbI

Scottie special

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              Just watched this. Great video. Scottie is a savant.

Lots of really good Raptors content on that channel, subscribed now.
                              Last edited by Primer; Thu Oct 27, 2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Embedded for everyone's viewing pleasure

Comment

Working...
                                X