No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same people that wouldn’t wear masks are the same ones not getting vaccines. We knew there were misguided assholes in the world. Thankfully in Canada it’s only 5%-10%.

If Trump would’ve stuck to what the WHO and CDC were suggesting the US would be where we are in vaccination numbers…. maybe higher.

We were lucky to have politicians at every level delivering the same message. I’m guesstimating that there are 7-10% that have legit reasons for not getting vaccinated (medical/religious), and another 5-7% that just refuse because of misinformation, or selfishness.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Honestly, I felt like I went from being a child to an adult, like losing my innocence. I thought people were better overall. Not to say there aren't still a lot of good people, sad to say it just seems to be a lot more that don't care about anything or anyone besides themselves. Who cares about the group, who cares about democracy, as long as I get what I want now. And don't tell me what to do, or I won't do anything.
      People don't realize that having individual rights and freedoms are an extremely rare privilege in human history. These days, all we see are people who are determined to push those privileges to the extreme breaking point to further their own agendas: good, bad or mis-guided. This applies on all sides. And so does Newton's Law:

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Comment

• Players won't get paid for games missed due to non compliance to local regulations, eg Wiggins. Going to be interesting.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Players won't get paid for games missed due to non compliance to local regulations, eg Wiggins. Going to be interesting.
          Says the NBA. Feel like the union will have something to say about this and likely will end up in court if the NBA keeps this stance. I haven't read the fine print but seems like local health orders preventing players from entering a building is likely language that isn't in the CBA.. The law likely stands on the side of the players
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Says the NBA. Feel like the union will have something to say about this and likely will end up in court if the NBA keeps this stance. I haven't read the fine print but seems like local health orders preventing players from entering a building is likely language that isn't in the CBA.. The law likely stands on the side of the players
            I doubt that. The CBA does not override local health authorities or state/provincial governments with respect to community health practices. This very argument is happening with respect to vaccine mandates in workplaces all over North America right now, and legal opinion suggests these folks won't have a leg to stand on.

Comment

• Yesterday i read that vax numbers in the states are 92% democrats and 56% for republicans.

its really sad to watch such a great country fall apart at the seems. Both sides are so entrenched they say no before the other side even finishes their sentence. They squabble about an infrastructure plan for the past 6 mo’s and china has built approximately 1000 miles of high speed rail line during that time - and they still havent passed the bill. Chinas high speed rail system is 23,000 miles. Americas total less than 500 and china had zero at the turn of the century.

as golden mentioned people are blind to how lucky they are. I think we’ve reached a point where many in the newer generations are too far removed from the hardships and sacrifices made for the freedoms we have. They didnt as i did hear your grandmother tell you about the bomb that fell through the roof of her house and the scars on her leg from it or how your grandfather was lucky af to be taken as a pow instead of killed after a battle then go and carry around a tiki torch in khakis or turn your head at another country interfering with your elections. No way.

2977 americans died on 9/11 and the country untied and went to war. Now that number have died on a daily basis and the country divided instead. During ww2 people were told to chew their food longer because it filled you more to ration food. Now they occupy their state capitol armed because they have to cover their mouth and walmart is closed.

spoiled little fuks so delusional and wanting to seem hard done by they swing at whoevers closest to them because...well thats the easiest

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

I doubt that. The CBA does not override local health authorities or state/provincial governments with respect to community health practices. This very argument is happening with respect to vaccine mandates in workplaces all over North America right now, and legal opinion suggests these folks won't have a leg to stand on.
                Yes, but legally local health orders do not override the CBA, thats the only agreement that can decide how the players receive payment for their labour. If the language of health orders is not in the CBA the union will win this one. They will fight it and they are powerful and motivated to get their union member millions of dollars. Again i, not caught up with the CBA language but seems to me that the Union has likely looked into this before the said they would not demand vaccination. Likely knowing if they did the players holding out wouldn't have a legal right to stand on with missed game cheques

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  Yesterday i read that vax numbers in the states are 92% democrats and 56% for republicans.

its really sad to watch such a great country fall apart at the seems. Both sides are so entrenched they say no before the other side even finishes their sentence. They squabble about an infrastructure plan for the past 6 mo’s and china has built approximately 1000 miles of high speed rail line during that time - and they still havent passed the bill. Chinas high speed rail system is 23,000 miles. Americas total less than 500 and china had zero at the turn of the century.

as golden mentioned people are blind to how lucky they are. I think we’ve reached a point where many in the newer generations are too far removed from the hardships and sacrifices made for the freedoms we have. They didnt as i did hear your grandmother tell you about the bomb that fell through the roof of her house and the scars on her leg from it or how your grandfather was lucky af to be taken as a pow instead of killed after a battle then go and carry around a tiki torch in khakis or turn your head at another country interfering with your elections. No way.

2977 americans died on 9/11 and the country untied and went to war. Now that number have died on a daily basis and the country divided instead. During ww2 people were told to chew their food longer because it filled you more to ration food. Now they occupy their state capitol armed because they have to cover their mouth and walmart is closed.

spoiled little fuks so delusional and wanting to seem hard done by they swing at whoevers closest to them because...well thats the easiest
                  its wild

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    The same people that wouldn’t wear masks are the same ones not getting vaccines. We knew there were misguided assholes in the world.
                    We were lucky to have politicians at every level delivering the same message. I’m guesstimating that there are 7-10% that have legit reasons for not getting vaccinated (medical/religious), and another 5-7% that just refuse because of misinformation, or selfishness.
                    I still don't understand the selfishness slant towards those that refuse to get the shot.
                    How is it selfishness when they're putting their own lives at risk first?
                    If they get infected, they're the first ones to suffer, right?
                    And if the vaccines really work, even if they infect those that are jabbed they will recover anyway.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I still don't understand the selfishness slant towards those that refuse to get the shot.
                      How is it selfishness when they're putting their own lives at risk first?
                      If they get infected, they're the first ones to suffer, right?
                      And if the vaccines really work, even if they infect those that are jabbed they will recover anyway.
                      I'm sure the health care workers love taking care of unvaccinated patients to name one reason. There's also tons of people that are waiting on important surgeries (cancer related etc.) that are on hold every time the health care system gets over whelmed.

Each time the hospitals are overwhelmed we are locked down. With each lockdown; we lose more small businesses, many families encounter economic stress, more people experiencing mental health issues, there's a rise in substance abuse and domestic abuse. All of this because the hospitals don't have capacity, so we have to "flatten the curve". The stats show those who are vaccinated are less likely to be hospitalized. So there is a direct correlation.

There are many reasons why not being part of a collective solution to a global pandemic, is a selfish act beyond those few examples that I stated... but you get the point. I realize you are trying to be the devil's advocate, but it's a waste of time isn't it?
                      Last edited by saints91; Wed Sep 29, 2021, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Yes, but legally local health orders do not override the CBA, thats the only agreement that can decide how the players receive payment for their labour. If the language of health orders is not in the CBA the union will win this one. They will fight it and they are powerful and motivated to get their union member millions of dollars. Again i, not caught up with the CBA language but seems to me that the Union has likely looked into this before the said they would not demand vaccination. Likely knowing if they did the players holding out wouldn't have a legal right to stand on with missed game cheques

Speaking of CBA, the NBA released this statement:

One has to think they got their legal ducks in a row before firing that shot across the bow.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Speaking of CBA, the NBA released this statement:

One has to think they got their legal ducks in a row before firing that shot across the bow.
                          Could be a P.R stunt by the NBA. Even if they know the language favors the players. The have to get ahead of this and show they did everything they can to promote vaccination. The NBAPA wont take this one lying down.. Going to be a court case if neither relents from their position.

Comment

Could be a P.R stunt by the NBA. Even if they know the language favors the players. The have to get ahead of this and show they did everything they can to promote vaccination. The NBAPA wont take this one lying down.. Going to be a court case if neither relents from their position.
                            I wouldn't be so sure that the CBA language favors the players. There's something called a "Force Majeure" clause which allows the NBA to forgo payment of player salaries (something like 1/96 of annual salary) per game cancelled due to un-predictabe events beyond their control. Not sure if this fits the definition of cancelled game, but epidemics are typically within the Force Majeure category (wars, famine, earthquakes, epidemics, disasters, etc...). The CBA was already operating under that clause during the bubble and last season.

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure that the CBA language favors the players. There's something called a "Force Majeure" clause which allows the NBA to forgo payment of player salaries (something like 1/96 of annual salary) per game cancelled due to un-predictabe events beyond their control. Not sure if this fits the definition of cancelled game, but epidemics are typically within the Force Majeure category (wars, famine, earthquakes, epidemics, disasters, etc...). The CBA was already operating under that clause during the bubble and last season.
                              Was about to post the same thing, this definitely falls under force majeure. If the players association was a united front on this like bubble pay then a settlement would be made but over 90% of players are vaxxed and unaffected by this. I don't think those 90%+ are going to threaten a strike so Wiggins can get paid to not play.

Comment

This is exactly it. The exact wording of the CBA is almost irrelevant in these times. The NBA can basically do whatever it wants and unless the PA wants to risk a season cancellation via force majeure (something no one wants but would hurt the players more), they likely wouldn't risk pushing back to the point of going to actual court.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X