Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I miss Dwane. Great coach and a good dude. Huge part of Raps history. Unfortunate for him he kept running into the second greatest player of all time in the playoffs.
    I won't speak ill of the dead (retired) but blaming Lebron for how inept Casey was in the playoffs is revisionist history at its finest.

Comment

I miss Dwane. Great coach and a good dude. Huge part of Raps history. Unfortunate for him he kept running into the second greatest player of all time in the playoffs.
      Lebron was on the Wizards?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I won't speak ill of the dead (retired) but blaming Lebron for how inept Casey was in the playoffs is revisionist history at its finest.
        Disagree. The whole Cleveland/Toronto matchup was all about LeBron. Playoffs is all about superstars. The Raptors didn't have a superstar on their team while the Cavs had the second greatest player of all time on their team. Doesn't matter if Phil Jackson was coaching the team they would still lose those games.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Disagree. The whole Cleveland/Toronto matchup was all about LeBron. Playoffs is all about superstars. The Raptors didn't have a superstar on their team while the Cavs had the second greatest player of all time on their team. Doesn't matter if Phil Jackson was coaching the team they would still lose those games.

We lost to teams without Lebron. Lower ranked teams. Even got embarrassingly swept by the Wizards in the 1st round.

But it's been a while so revise away.

Comment

• brought back memories
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Casey was OK for the time this team was at. Got a lot out of the Lowry DeMar era.
              Was glad when he got the can tied to him and Nurse came in though. Also, the right Coach for the time this team was at....won a Chip that I don't think Casey would have. We'll never know.

Comment

• OG doing some OG things at the Big Apple.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  OG doing some OG things at the Big Apple.

Textbook win win trade.

Comment

• NY will fight for a home court advantage

while us likely going for the play-in spot.

But the playoffs is a different animal.

Long term….IQ was a solid get and letting go of OG pains me as a big fan of his game, I am also looking forward to RJ development this summer with Scottie forming a more solid bond with the new Raptor. Hopefully he improves his defense and consistently with his range.

Masai will 100% match any IQ offer.

so those three will have a long term chemistry to prosper.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      NY will fight for a home court advantage

while us likely going for the play-in spot.

But the playoffs is a different animal.

Long term….IQ was a solid get and letting go of OG pains me as a big fan of his game, I am also looking forward to RJ development this summer with Scottie forming a more solid bond with the new Raptor. Hopefully he improves his defense and consistently with his range.

Masai will 100% match any IQ offer.

so those three will have a long term chemistry to prosper.
                      4-8 seed in the East could be a bloodbath down the line.

4th is homecourt advantage and 7 and 8 are the play in spots. Right now only 0.5 games separates 4 and 8.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

4th is homecourt advantage and 7 and 8 are the play in spots. Right now only 0.5 games separates 4 and 8.
                        ….and we even don’t know what the top teams will do approaching the deadline.

This could get interesting…for sure.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

There are more teams that realistically end up in the 1-4 slots too. Raptors no longer have to worry just about Boston, the Bucks and Philly/Miami. Now you have the Cavs, Magic, Pacers and Knicks who are at best our betters and at worst our comps, several with arguably brighter futures.

We're in the group fighting for 5-10 and within reason, getting in the top 4 has never been harder.

Comment

• Somewhere out there in the confines of his top
                            floor suite condo facing NY Central Park, OG is so happy right now.

He can be the perennial 1st Team NBA All Defense awardee.

not bad from the new Knick

Code:

Date          Opp    Result MP  FG%  3P% TRB AST STL BLK PTS +/-
                            2024-01-09    POR  W 112-84 29 .750 .667   4   0   1   1  23  26
                            2024-01-06    WAS W 121-105 31 .571 .333   5   2   1   0   9  11
                            2024-01-05    PHI  W 128-92 37 .273 .333   2   0   1   0  11  20
                            2024-01-03    CHI W 116-100 34 .556 .250   8   2   2   0  11  35
                            2024-01-01    MIN W 112-106 35 .583 .500   6   1   2   0  17  19
                            Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
                            Generated 1/10/2024.
                            Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Jan 10, 2024, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X