Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this team need a trade to stay competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    reality is starting to sink in for me. we are a .500 team at best with OG and depending on the year thats the play in.

we need a center there is no way around it, either we over pay for turner or we draft zach edey in the second late first depending on how he finishes the year and pray to god he is the next yao ming.

if we drafted brandon boston instead of champegne we would of had our next SG in 5 years. we could still trade for him who kmows. i dont see much of a path to improving this team if we dont trade for turner this year.

masai will keep running it back till the wheels fall off.

anyways it is, what it is people are already not excited at games i wonder how long it takes them to pick up on toronto doesnt beleive in this team.
    Speak for yourself. Masai already made a championship team, I got full faith he can do it again. If the front office sucked like the Colangelo era, we'd be having a different conversation.

I enjoy watching the games based on some of the little things, not winning sucks but I enjoy watching Barnes, OG, GTJ, etc. get better and make good plays.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      reality is starting to sink in for me. we are a .500 team at best with OG and depending on the year thats the play in.

we need a center there is no way around it, either we over pay for turner or we draft zach edey in the second late first depending on how he finishes the year and pray to god he is the next yao ming.

if we drafted brandon boston instead of champegne we would of had our next SG in 5 years. we could still trade for him who kmows. i dont see much of a path to improving this team if we dont trade for turner this year.

masai will keep running it back till the wheels fall off.

anyways it is, what it is people are already not excited at games i wonder how long it takes them to pick up on toronto doesnt beleive in this team.
      The biggest issue this team has in this short season so far is their lack of bench.

Champagnie wasn't drafted. He was an undrafted free agent (like Fred was). Our draft picks in the second round were Banton and David Johnson.

We are not a championship contender because we don't have a superstar.

But the biggest problem with this team is depth and that's why we are still below .500. We are dead last in bench scoring. The main reason why is because of injury. If everyone is back, we can be playing guys like Gary or Khem on the bench instead of guys like Svi or Boucher who have not been giving us a lot.

For example, I don't believe Siakam has played a single game with both Khem and Precious in the line up. One or both have always been hurt. So we have to rely on a non center to play center for a majority of the game this year. Which also doesn't help.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

We already have that guy, his name is gtj. If the team were healthy, the starting five is fvv, Barnes, og, birch and siakam.
        I mean, he was in the starting lineup when everyone was healthy -- and he deserved to be in the starting lineup. Why even think of sending him to the bench? he's one of the team's best players. I know people will say Manu Ginobili is going to be in the HOF and is a career 6th man blah blah blah blah. Everyone's mindset is different. I think Trent sees himself as a starter.

If the Raps want a traditional lineup then they gotta move Siakam or OG.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If you've heard Dec. 15 mentioned as an important date when it comes to NBA trade talks, there's a good reason why. That's the date that players who signed new contracts over the offseason can be traded. Up until that date, those players aren't permitted to be included in any trades.
          So Dec. 15 when the wheels will start rolling for most teams trying to…

- improve their chances to win it all
          - teams trying to stay away from a play-in
          - teams trying to get Chet or Paolo

Raptors will probably will fall between the last 2 (NO MANS LAND)…..where would they be?

last time they were there…they got Scottie

But lightning may not strike twice
          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sat Dec 11, 2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Speak for yourself. Masai already made a championship team, I got full faith he can do it again. If the front office sucked like the Colangelo era, we'd be having a different conversation.

I enjoy watching the games based on some of the little things, not winning sucks but I enjoy watching Barnes, OG, GTJ, etc. get better and make good plays.
            Team is full of young guys who are great assets at the end of the day. This is not a team full of barely NBA players or vets trying to stay in the league. Colangelo Raptors were where careers went to die. These are completely different times. We are building. I don't know why it's so hard for people to accept. They think more shots for Barnes or some "clever" shuffling of deck will make this roster a playoff one. It's going to be a process.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Team is full of young guys who are great assets at the end of the day. This is not a team full of barely NBA players or vets trying to stay in the league. Colangelo Raptors were where careers went to die. These are completely different times. We are building. I don't know why it's so hard for people to accept. They think more shots for Barnes or some "clever" shuffling of deck will make this roster a playoff one. It's going to be a process.
              Yeah, if we were prioritizing winning, then Dragic would be playing... a lot. But other than Scottie, I would say that the only other young asset that other teams would be really interested in is Banton. Malachi has taken a big step backwards in his development and we won't be running a lot of pick & roll to showcase what he does best. Maybe Precious, but he's been up and down.
              Last edited by golden; Sat Dec 11, 2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, if we were prioritizing winning, then Dragic would be playing... a lot. But other than Scottie, I would say that the only other young asset that other teams would be really interested in is Banton. Malachi has taken a big step backwards in his development and we're won't be running a lot of pick & roll to showcase what he does best. Maybe Precious, but he's been up and down.
                GTJ is same age as Banton. OG is also a relatively young guy who teams would love to trade for. Yeah Malachi and Precious are scrubs. It happens.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• For now Scottie has to hoist more shots

15 field goal attempts

lets go

Comment

• Neither the defense or offense is engrained as it needs to be yet. Will have to wait and see how it looks at the end of the season.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

GTJ is same age as Banton. OG is also a relatively young guy who teams would love to trade for. Yeah Malachi and Precious are scrubs. It happens.
                      Sure, but OG and GTJ aren’t on rookie contracts anymore and will be unrestricted, so that could be less attractive to some rebuilding teams. Trent, in particular, has a player friendly contract with a short window of control for the team.

Comment

• Here's my 6th man microwave scorer suggestion: Coby White. That guy can score. He's kind of out of place in Chicago because of the DeRozan and Ball acquisition so not sure if he has a future there. And I always look at White as a 6th man.

Masai, if you're reading this it's not too late. Coby White.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Sat Dec 11, 2021, 05:34 PM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Here's my 6th man microwave scorer suggestion: Coby White. That guy can score. He's kind of out of place in Chicago because of the DeRozan and Ball acquisition so not sure if he has a future there. And I always look at White as a 6th man.

what's the outgoing piece?

Comment

Here's my 6th man microwave scorer suggestion: Coby White. That guy can score. He's kind of out of place in Chicago because of the DeRozan and Ball acquisition so not sure if he has a future there. And I always look at White as a 6th man.

I like it. We need a backup PG. Id take either White or Donusumo from chicago if they could be had. Seems like White isnt a part of the future there, not to sure about Ayo. Seems like Ayo has got quite a bit of playing time for a rook
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I mean, he was in the starting lineup when everyone was healthy -- and he deserved to be in the starting lineup. Why even think of sending him to the bench? he's one of the team's best players. I know people will say Manu Ginobili is going to be in the HOF and is a career 6th man blah blah blah blah. Everyone's mindset is different. I think Trent sees himself as a starter.

We are too small defensively.....this isn't the way to win. Yes trent may see himself as a starter but does it really matter if he gets 20 a game and plays 25-30 mins?

I can't imagine winning playing siakam at center, or Barnes. And you can't sit og, siakam, or Barnes.
                              center.and you need a center and a fvv out there so.......

Maybe we should trade gtj for sabonis....

Comment

siakam trade scenario

raps recieve thier second round pick back.
                                indiana recieve GSW 2023 first top 4 protected
                                NBA trade machine, make player trades
                                Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Dec 11, 2021, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X