Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2022 (Non-Raptors Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Draymond is such a fake tough guy putz.
    Flips off the crowd and tries to make it like he's in the right.

On getting fined: "I make $25M a year, I should be fine...."
    CBA aside, fine him and any of the other soft as Charmin players a few million then for flippin off the people that make it possible for you to make that $25M....
    Why? Fans love that stuff, anything that gets them riled up.

They booed him for getting bloodied up and having to leave the game. At least as classless as giving the finger to a crowd. I’m not a massive Draymond fan, but this was not a big deal.

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

Why? Fans love that stuff, anything that gets them riled up.

They booed him for getting bloodied up and having to leave the game. At least as classless as giving the finger to a crowd. I’m not a massive Draymond fan, but this was not a big deal.
      Fans get tossed left and right this season for stepping over the NBA line with just words. If it's just heckling and not racist or too persoanl for instance (wasn't or fans would have been shown out as they have all season), then no, giving the finger to the crowd is a big rung down on the classless ladder.

Class and Draymond haven't been acquainted since the first grade .....

Comment

• Draymond is a rediculous clown.

In addition, Kerr lost a ton of credibility sitting there saying that what brooks did was outside the code and dirty with dreymond on his team pulling some crap 5 times a year. Even the jersey grab last game could have easily led to a similar injury.

Comment

• I picked the Mavs to win this series but it's hard when you've got a guy like Chris Paul who continues to hit everything. The guy is one of the greatest midrange player i've ever seen. The guy doesn't miss.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Phoenix shot 65%. We have a long way to go

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              Phoenix shot 65%. We have a long way to go
              I'm not sure how good of a defense Dallas is trotting out there with some of their key guys injured. Phoenix isn't shooting that % against the Raps.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm not sure how good of a defense Dallas is trotting out there with some of their key guys injured. Phoenix isn't shooting that % against the Raps.
                They were hunting Luka all game.

The Suns have no weakness in their offense. You need shooters? Suns got a ton of those guys. Need a playmaker? Suns have CP3. Need a star scorer? They have Booker. Need an inside big? Suns have Ayton. Need mid range scorers? Suns have Booker and CP3.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

They were hunting Luka all game.

The Suns have no weakness in their offense. You need shooters? Suns got a ton of those guys. Need a playmaker? Suns have CP3. Need a star scorer? They have Booker. Need an inside big? Suns have Ayton. Need mid range scorers? Suns have Booker and CP3.
                  They're a good team, no doubt.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    I picked the Mavs to win this series but it's hard when you've got a guy like Chris Paul who continues to hit everything. The guy is one of the greatest midrange player i've ever seen. The guy doesn't miss.
                    Yup
                    And some folks here say our guys don't need the midrange. Lol

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Yup
                      And some folks here say our guys don't need the midrange. Lol
                      Never said he didn't need the midrange. Said it's the worst shot in basketball, which it is. A good defense will give you the midrange shot because it has the lowest FG% and rarely gets a foul call. You're much better off taking 3's and getting within 10ft of the basket where FG% is much higher and foul calls are common.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Never said he didn't need the midrange. Said it's the worst shot in basketball, which it is. A good defense will give you the midrange shot because it has the lowest FG% and rarely gets a foul call. You're much better off taking 3's and getting within 10ft of the basket where FG% is much higher and foul calls are common.
                        A bad shot also depends on who is taking it, and what the defense is giving up. If DeMar, KD, Kawhi or CP3, etc... are taking that open mid-range shot... then it's a good shot.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

A bad shot also depends on who is taking it, and what the defense is giving up. If DeMar, KD, Kawhi or CP3, etc... are taking that open mid-range shot... then it's a good shot.
                          Yeah, Scottie is a 40% shooter from midrange (so, early DeMar type of numbers, which is astonishingly good considering DeMar's midrange rep even early in his career vs Scottie's zero-level-scorer rep). The question is whether he can work on that and get to DeMar's 50% FG% from that range that he's developed over the past few seasons to make it a real primary weapon.

Midrange shots are a great weapon to have, because of the cyclical nature of the discovery of higher value shots. Yes, shots at the rim and open 3's are more valuable, therefore defences are built to prevent those shots, therefore as a primary you can expect to get very few of those shots - you try to generate those looks, and then when defences sell out to stop them, you either get your teammates those looks or you end up scoring from non-ideal locations on the floor, and the better you are at that the easier it is to break a defence. Once the defence has to sell out to stop a midrange shot, that's when the highest value shots on the floor open up for you and your teammates.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

There are different types of midrange shots. You're probably not a big fan of the long mid range, but if that's the shot available why not take it?
                            There's no 'worst shot' unless you can make it. We wouldn't have had a chip if Kawhi didn't take midrange shots.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

There are different types of midrange shots. You're probably not a big fan of the long mid range, but if that's the shot available why not take it?
                              There's no 'worst shot' unless you can make it. We wouldn't have had a chip if Kawhi didn't take midrange shots.
                              Kawhi is on another level from midrange, but also from literally anywhere on the court (same with KD). If Scottie gets that good, amazing. But 99.9% of the NBA is dogshit at the midrange, it's the worst shot in basketball. If Scottie becomes a guy who hits midrange at near 50% clip then let him take them, but that's not the part of his game I'd be focusing on and we shouldn't run an offense trying to get midrange shots. They should be taken as last ditch efforts when the shot clock is winding down. Pascal has a bad habit of taking midrange shots very early in the shot clock and it drives me nuts. They are also very difficult for your team to get the offensive rebound, so they're terrible on so many levels (low FG%, low likelihood of foul call, low likelihood of rebound). There's a reason great defenses are built around giving the opposing team those shots and not any of the other shots.

Comment

• It is an interesting topic. Analytics and many coaches seem to want to see the mid range die. And it is a bad shot for the average NBA player, but I would argue it's what takes guys from all star level to all nba.

It's what makes the best unguardable and we saw first hand what happened to Pascal game when he starting hitting mid range pull-up post all star. Pascal could usually get to the rim and was at least a threat from 3, but when he was hitting mid range shot defenders cant sag off and only defend the lane and when he hits a couple in a row and gets played tight it open the driving lanes for him when defenders have to crowd him.

Scottie already has a decent mid range, we saw it in the early season. Overall his shooting needs to improve to be that 3 level scorer, so I would think his main off season work will be on the 3. But at his height and ability to get to the rim the mid range threat will eventually be what catapults him to superstar status. Maybe not next year but hopefully within 3 years
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X