No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the balance of their roster a bit better than the Raps now, but we'll have to see how that translates. Garland and Mitchell backcourt should be fun to watch.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Garland and Mitchell backcourt should be fun to watch.
      Let's see if they can get along first.

Comment

• Great trade for the Jazz. They basically have unprotected picks from two historically terrible franchises for the next 5-6 years. They also got current FRP's from both Minny and Cleveland as well. Not a big fan of Sexton but he's at least going to get a tonne of shots up on a bad team which will only help Utah if they want to flip him again.

As for Cleveland.. I think it's sort of a neutral trade on paper. Maybe a slight uptick, but I'm not sure. Sexton didn't play much which was a good thing. They really did well when he sat. He's not as good as Donovan but it's really not that huge of an upgrade. Especially since Mitchell is a bad defender too. Adding another high usage player that takes the ball away from Garland could backfire. I think Garland was gearing up to be a top 5 PG in the league. With Mitchell there he possibly takes a step back as he has to share the ball with a guy that's pretty inefficient.

Markkannen gave them a lot of size too and they still don't have a good wing player (LeVert is a terrible defender; Okoro is too short).. so it's going to be tough for them to guard the better wings in the league. Especially out East with guys like Tatum, KD, Siakam, Giannis, DeRozan. They don't have any picks they can move except for a swap on draft night. They might have some cap space when Love's contract ends. Their core is super young though. They'll be good defenders because of Allen and Mobley but I think their overall defense might slip a bit. If Allen goes down again they will suck real bad.

I still see the Cavs in the play-in. Maybe they finally punch through though by beating a team like Atlanta or Chicago to get into the playoffs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Markkannen gave them a lot of size too and they still don't have a good wing player (LeVert is a terrible defender; Okoro is too short).. so it's going to be tough for them to guard the better wings in the league. Especially out East with guys like Tatum, KD, Siakam, Giannis, DeRozan
          Maybe Lebron would like to come home and end his career there on a vet minimum/MLE kinda deal…

(They may have trouble drafting Bronny jr now though…)

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            Or it’s pretty close to equal
            Cavs have in spades what the Raptors lack and what becomes more important in the playoffs: shot creation, advantage creation, self creation, etc…

We have more power forwards with longer wingspans. So take that.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Great trade for the Jazz. They basically have unprotected picks from two historically terrible franchises for the next 5-6 years. They also got current FRP's from both Minny and Cleveland as well. Not a big fan of Sexton but he's at least going to get a tonne of shots up on a bad team which will only help Utah if they want to flip him again.

As for Cleveland.. I think it's sort of a neutral trade on paper. Maybe a slight uptick, but I'm not sure. Sexton didn't play much which was a good thing. They really did well when he sat. He's not as good as Donovan but it's really not that huge of an upgrade. Especially since Mitchell is a bad defender too. Adding another high usage player that takes the ball away from Garland could backfire. I think Garland was gearing up to be a top 5 PG in the league. With Mitchell there he possibly takes a step back as he has to share the ball with a guy that's pretty inefficient.

Markkannen gave them a lot of size too and they still don't have a good wing player (LeVert is a terrible defender; Okoro is too short).. so it's going to be tough for them to guard the better wings in the league. Especially out East with guys like Tatum, KD, Siakam, Giannis, DeRozan. They don't have any picks they can move except for a swap on draft night. They might have some cap space when Love's contract ends. Their core is super young though. They'll be good defenders because of Allen and Mobley but I think their overall defense might slip a bit. If Allen goes down again they will suck real bad.

I still see the Cavs in the play-in. Maybe they finally punch through though by beating a team like Atlanta or Chicago to get into the playoffs.
              This is exact opposite take of me.

Sexton didn't play for them at all (11 whole games) so no loss there.
              Markkanen was always an awful fit and basically signed solely because they had space and he could be signed on the cheap.

So they traded guys they didn't play or need plus 3 first round picks that should be very late first round for a young high scoring star guard.

It's a steal for Cleveland and they got way better in this trade.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Markkanen was always an awful fit and basically signed solely because they had space and he could be signed on the cheap.

So they traded guys they didn't play or need plus 3 first round picks that should be very late first round for a young high scoring star guard.

its a good deal for them but they just pushed all there chips to the middle in terms of picks. I think the problem with Mitchell and Garland is they are both short and not good at defending.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Let's see if they can get along first.
                  Yup, will need to see how well they play together. No guarantee the chemistry will be there.

Comment

Yeah, short term this is a great deal for the Cavs. Long term the Jazz will need the magic beans to come through for them. Cavs probably need 1 year to bring this together but they have time. Amazing trade for them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yeah, short term this is a great deal for the Cavs. Long term the Jazz will need the magic beans to come through for them. Cavs probably need 1 year to bring this together but they have time. Amazing trade for them.
                      Most likely scenario for Utah is they got a bunch of non lotto picks over the next 7 years. Gonna take some time and expert drafting to get them back to where they were. If I was a Utah fan I would not be stoked right now.

Comment

Most likely scenario for Utah is they got a bunch of non lotto picks over the next 7 years. Gonna take some time and expert drafting to get them back to where they were. If I was a Utah fan I would not be stoked right now.
                        I mean perhaps they can use some of these assets to move up in the draft.. you expect OKC to eventually start giving up some of their picks too

Comment

• Isn't this another form of obvious tanking?

Comment

• I'm on the boat that Cleveland won by a landslide. The pics are going to be bad for Utah as Cleveland will be decent for a long time. Cleveland looking pretty scary and fun to watch.

Comment

• Bahahaha! idiots.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Bahahaha! idiots.

Kind of crazy that Utah turned that down. A Knicks team with Mitchell but no Barrett, Toppin or Robinson would have been lottery bound for the the foreseeable future. No way the picks from Cavs turn out as high unless multiple starters are injured next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X