Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

But assuming no major trades, I'd be thinking the MLE for a backup guard who can shoot and defend would be top of the list. What I'm curious about is how willing they will be to use the MLE with term, very soon they'll be facing a salary crunch with impending raises for the whole core, so unless they already plan to move one of those guys (hence the suggestion to move Gary in a trade) they might prefer the cap flexibility. But if they do move a core piece, they might like having someone locked in on the mid-level if they think they are a bona fide rotation contributor.
    Who you think would be a good MLE target that fits that? Malik Monk? Oladipo?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Who you think would be a good MLE target that fits that? Malik Monk? Oladipo?
      I've suggested that for guards Gary Harris, Lonnie Walker, and Bruce Brown, Malik Monk is there as well. Oladipo is interesting but risky.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I've suggested that for guards Gary Harris, Lonnie Walker, and Bruce Brown, Malik Monk is there as well. Oladipo is interesting but risky.
        I think Miami is likely to brink Oladipo back at or above the MLE, and given the conference finals appearance, Oladipo is likely to agree to it unless a team with cap space (which is to say, not us) outbids them.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

I think Miami is likely to brink Oladipo back at or above the MLE, and given the conference finals appearance, Oladipo is likely to agree to it unless a team with cap space (which is to say, not us) outbids them.
          yeah I agree. I think the others are much better candidates. Again though it depends on how people feel about hartenstein.. I think we have a good enough center rotation to hold off on that kind of upgrade for now and we have assets to go grab someone via trade like turner perhaps. I"d target a guard but not a point guard for MLE...

Delon and Tyus Jones are also options but does that lean into Scotties point guard time.

Comment

• Oladipo is trash and injury prone. Monk is just another Trent - a one dimensional chucker. No thanks.

Raps should be looking to add 3D wings instead but this is a bad free agent class. I like Harris and Walker I guess. Harris though is kind of injury prone as well. Batum is another one that I like but he has a player option.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Utah sold for $1.7B in 2020. Charlotte is definitely a more valuable franchise because of the city and region, and I wouldn't expect any NBA team to sell for less than $2B at this point.

Jordan makes more profit every year off the Hornets than Lebron makes in a year off everything he's doing. Can't understate what a cash windfall it is to own an NBA team these days. They only go up.

Another article I read was jerking off Lebron for his 1% stake in the Red Sox. Give me a break.
              I 100% agree with your take, but I'll stop you on the 1% Red Sox. It's actually "Fenway Sports", which is a massive conglomerate. Their holdings are:

Boston Red Sox
              Liverpool F.C.
              Pittsburgh Penguins
              Fenway Park
              Anfield
              Fenway South (including JetBlue Park)
              RFK Racing (50%) (Nascar)
              Worcester Red Sox (10%)
              Salem Red Sox
              Fenway Sports Management
              New England Sports Network (80%)
              MGM Music Hall at Fenway
              Fenway Sports Group Real Estate
              Fenway Music Company
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Oladipo is trash and injury prone. Monk is just another Trent - a one dimensional chucker. No thanks.

Raps should be looking to add 3D wings instead but this is a bad free agent class. I like Harris and Walker I guess. Harris though is kind of injury prone as well. Batum is another one that I like but he has a player option.

Walker? you mean NAW? I like NAW as well. Gary Harris is one of your better guys that you should hunt lonnie walker would be another.. They need to stick with 3 and D and just max out the MLE.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I 100% agree with your take, but I'll stop you on the 1% Red Sox. It's actually "Fenway Sports", which is a massive conglomerate. Their holdings are:

Boston Red Sox
                  Liverpool F.C.
                  Pittsburgh Penguins
                  Fenway Park
                  Anfield
                  Fenway South (including JetBlue Park)
                  RFK Racing (50%) (Nascar)
                  Worcester Red Sox (10%)
                  Salem Red Sox
                  Fenway Sports Management
                  New England Sports Network (80%)
                  MGM Music Hall at Fenway
                  Fenway Sports Group Real Estate
                  Fenway Music Company
                  It's still a dumb thing to be praising him for. They invited him to have that token 1% stake because he's a huge celebrity. It's not like it was some savvy business decision.

Comment

It's still a dumb thing to be praising him for. They invited him to have that token 1% stake because he's a huge celebrity. It's not like it was some savvy business decision.
                    You probably have to be a huge celebrity to be invited to purchase that 1%. I wonder how much that would be worth in 20 years?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

You probably have to be a huge celebrity to be invited to purchase that 1%. I wonder how much that would be worth in 20 years?
                      its definitely a club and an exclusive club because they can vote on who is allowed to own a stake

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's already worth about 100 Million dollars. So...lots?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Walker? you mean NAW? I like NAW as well. Gary Harris is one of your better guys that you should hunt lonnie walker would be another.. They need to stick with 3 and D and just max out the MLE.
                          Lonnie Walker
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

You're discounting the savviness of Lebrons people, Maverick Carter, Rich Paul. Or as Phil Jackson calls them, the "posse".

Lebron is no dummy. He surrounds himself with the right people, makes prudent decisions, never gets in trouble, has had good investments, puts family first, all the while increasing his brand as the years go by and maintaining relevance by winning championships and awards in different cities and extending his career at least 5 years past the typical. .

Paul David Wachter is an American businessman and investment adviser whose clients include Arnold Schwarzenegger, LeBron James, U2 frontman Bono, Beats by Dre co-founder Jimmy Iovine, Drake, Billie Eilish and Tom Werner, Chairman of the Boston Red Sox and the Liverpool Football Club

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Lonnie Walker
                              oh yes me likey I thought about batum but it depends how much he has left in the tank because he is getting older.

Bruce Brown is the other one. His defence was solid and he is younger.
                              Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat Jun 4, 2022, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You're discounting the savviness of Lebrons people, Maverick Carter, Rich Paul. Or as Phil Jackson calls them, the "posse".

Lebron is no dummy. He surrounds himself with the right people, makes prudent decisions, never gets in trouble, has had good investments, puts family first, all the while increasing his brand as the years go by and maintaining relevance by winning championships and awards in different cities and extending his career at least 5 years past the typical. .
                                I think what primer is pointing out is yes lebron has surrounded himself well ... but in terms of his opportunity to buy into things like Liverpool... you have to be basically a celeb to have a chance so its not something that is as impressive as perhaps other ventures that he may have.
                                Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat Jun 4, 2022, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X