The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I don't understand how some players who seem to be dogs can stomach losing.
    I mean, they're already set for life. Why not chase greatness?
    Legacy. Jersey retirement, maybe statue, all of that.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Cause some players look at it as just a job.

Most people hate their jobs but the pay keeps them there. No difference being a player on a losing NBA team.

At the end of the day they go home to their mansion, their family, their lifestyle and that's their real life. Can life be better if they are winning? sure but the effort and dealing with the stress of excellence every day isn't for everybody. Even the greatest players usually cannot maintain it for very long.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Losing in every form sucks, but there is a difference between losing while trying to win (Wiz & Blazers) and actively trying to lose (OKC).

Also, you can't know that what makes those guys tick is the same for Shai.
        Yes, a very important distinction.

Beal and Lillard are on teams desperately trying to win, and treating them as the stars they need to surround with other guys to get them there.

SGA is on a team actively trying to lose as many games as possible his entire career. That has to suck big time.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yes, a very important distinction.

Beal and Lillard are on teams desperately trying to win, and treating them as the stars they need to surround with other guys to get them there.

SGA is on a team actively trying to lose as many games as possible his entire career. That has to suck big time.
          OKC made the playoffs and took Houston to 7 games.. so Shai wasn't losing his first year. He was absolutely in a tankfest his last two (where they got Giddey and Chet). But OKC did shut down Shai from the world cup qualifiers.

Him getting injured would be a sneaky coup if they want to just lose every game next season. So I'm not sure if they want to lose. I think there is a point it happens naturally, but nobody really tanks right out of the gate. They still have to try and sell tickets to fans.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

..but nobody really tanks right out of the gate. They still have to try and sell tickets to fans.
            76ers did that for many years.

Masai should seriously try get him out of there.

Comment

It's a lot more work and expectations

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

It's a lot more work and expectations
                I don’t think Shai has a problem with work and expectations.

Comment

• Maybe he's like Giannis and wants to win a chip with running around to buddy up, gotta respect that.
                  And you can't ignore that stance gets you paid the absolute most with the sooper dooper pooper max as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X