Everything 2024 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Trae is 25 so he fits pretty nicely as a long term move as well. Also seems like a buy low opportunity. Trae isn't commanding a superstar package at the moment.
    Trae also has only 3 years left on his contract, so worst case he can be traded in a few years as an expiring, so it's a relatively low-risk salary move. Pop isn't getting any younger.... time for the Spurs to make a win-now move and unleash Wemby.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Trae also has only 3 years left on his contract, so worst case he can be traded in a few years as an expiring, so it's a relatively low-risk salary move. Pop isn't getting any younger.... time for the Spurs to make a win-now move and unleash Wemby.
      I think Trae would be pretty amazing playing with Wemby too. His value would go way up. Also could be a fun rivalry with Luka in Dallas.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think Trae would be pretty amazing playing with Wemby too. His value would go way up. Also could be a fun rivalry with Luka in Dallas.
        I just can't picture Trae as a Pop guy. Logo 3's and poor defense would drive the old man nuts.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I just can't picture Trae as a Pop guy. Logo 3's and poor defense would drive the old man nuts.
          Maybe he would benefit to be in a bit more of a system and be the robin to Wemby for this new chapter of his career.

Comment

• As far as roster construction, is it 100% sure that Barnes is starting at the 4? As for Barrett, 100% sure he's our starting 3, or he could be starting at the 2?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Maybe he would benefit to be in a bit more of a system and be the robin to Wemby for this new chapter of his career.
              Never say never, but he's considered a special player because he takes and makes those tough shots. You neuter that and he's sort of a.mediocre player because he's so undersized. Not sure if Pops would be interested.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I think Pop could reign in the bad stuff and make it work really well. If Wemby is anywhere near the basket go ahead and take the logo 3, he can take it as a lob or grab the rebound and put back. It would be like a pass to Wemby.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

As far as roster construction, is it 100% sure that Barnes is starting at the 4? As for Barrett, 100% sure he's our starting 3, or he could be starting at the 2?
                    No idea. Will all come down to who gets added between now and next season.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

As far as roster construction, is it 100% sure that Barnes is starting at the 4? As for Barrett, 100% sure he's our starting 3, or he could be starting at the 2?
                      I think ideally Scottie is a 4 and RJ is a 2. It would be nice to add a natural 3 to the roster who is starting caliber. As it stands now I think you start Gradey at the 2 and RJ at the 3, but RJ is definitely undersized for the 3.

Comment

• Poeltl for 9th pick. Grizzlies desperately need center. Raptors shouldn't care about winning.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Poeltl for 9th pick. Grizzlies desperately need center. Raptors shouldn't care about winning.
                          bruce brown is a win-now player

edit - and a dog

Comment

• Jak for the 9th after we just swapped the 8th for him would be hilarious. Would have to think they'd make such a move with a plan to target a FA C like Claxton...?

If the pick can be had for something more like Brown, Boucher, etc? Great. But would be surprised.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• end of an era
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

end of an era
                                Oh man ... all the guys will likely go over if they are wanted, but not Ernie .. and Ernie makes it what it is, and he won't leave Turner/TNT.

Comment

Working...
                                X