Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    I agree with you. I'm just saying, Colangelo used to get criticized a lot by the media and fans for his salesman like approach, for keeping his cards close to the vest. Now Masai is doing the EXACT same thing and it's ok?

Colangelo's fav words - 'process' and 'building' how many times did Masai used those words today? lol. Like i said very Colangelo-esque.
    Colangelo never kept his cards close to the vest. He told you exactly what he was going to do every offseason. He was completely transparent.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I think the beauty of 2016 is theres a lot of game changing free agents, coinciding with Valanciunas hopefully being a 18-10 beast and Bruno ready to be everything Terrence Ross was not - a 3&D athletic beast.
      Names that intrigue me:

- Al Horford (U)
      - Jared Sullinger (R)
      - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (R)
      - Joakim Noah (U)
      - Chandler Parsons (Player Option)
      - Wilson Chandler (U)
      - Andre Drummond (R)
      - Harrison Barnes (R)
      - Terrence Jones (R)
      - Donatus Motiejunas (R)
      - Mike Conley (U)
      - Zoran Dragic (R)
      - John Henson (R)
      - Anthony Davis (R) - No chance Pelicans don't match highest offer.
      - Ryan Anderson (U)
      - Perry Jones (R)
      - Kevin Durant (U) - Drake told me to include him here.
      - Andrew Nicholson (R)
      - Tony Wroten (R)
      - Damian Lillard (R) - See Anthony Davis above.
      - Nic Batum (U)
      - Bradley Beal (R)

Comment

• lots of decent players there

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          its collective as well as individual arrogance. We're all guilty of it, myself included on a few occasions. Anyone claiming they know better, and anyone who has built a massive opinion about a coach, GM, or franchise based upon a foundation of speculation, and who then sell sit as indisputable fact is in fact ridiculous. Don't tell me what to cut, or what to leave in ok, you arent my editor, and if the comments hurt, or cut close, trust me, they were meant to.
          So at what point is it far to criticize a decision? The David Kahn draft of 2009 was clearly a mistake by someone employed in the NBA, so you cannot say that no one who criticized that decision was wrong, yet you are trying to say we are wrong now without actually knowing the answer yet.

You speak as though only those inside the NBA or media can have opinions on things; but GMs/Coaches/Players don't talk about other teams. The media in Canada is owned by the MLSE and the US media doesn't bother to cover the Raps due to our irrelevance to their viewership market. Sorry, I don't subscribe to a Stalin-esque silence.

What you seem to fail to accept is that everything on here is opinion based on speculation, observation and assumptions. By coming to a forum, you shouldn't have to denote everything you say as such since it is the same for everyone.

As for the bold, I have no problem telling you that you are being a troll by telling people to not have opinions. Everyone knows it. It's sad, because you have some really good insightful observations/speculations/assumptions, but they get lost in the "don't speak cause you don't work in the NBA" bullshit that you put in 75% of your posts.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            its collective as well as individual arrogance. We're all guilty of it, myself included on a few occasions. Anyone claiming they know better, and anyone who has built a massive opinion about a coach, GM, or franchise based upon a foundation of speculation, and who then sell sit as indisputable fact is in fact ridiculous. Don't tell me what to cut, or what to leave in ok, you arent my editor, and if the comments hurt, or cut close, trust me, they were meant to.
            Any committed fan can figure out the problem. The management and coaches aren't paid to figure out the problems, they're paid to solve the problems, which very few people have an idea how to.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Any committed fan can figure out the problem. The management and coaches aren't paid to figure out the problems, they're paid to solve the problems, which very few people have an idea how to.
              Great point.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Names that intrigue me:

- Al Horford (U)
                - Jared Sullinger (R)
                - Joakim Noah (U)
                - Wilson Chandler (U)
                - Andre Drummond (R)
                - Harrison Barnes (R)
                - Terrence Jones (R)
                - Donatus Motiejunas (R)
                - Mike Conley (U)
                - Zoran Dragic (R)
                - John Henson (R)
                - Anthony Davis (R) - No chance Pelicans don't match highest offer.
                - Ryan Anderson (U)
                - Perry Jones (R)
                - Andrew Nicholson (R)
                - Tony Wroten (R)
                - Damian Lillard (R) - See Anthony Davis above.
                - Nic Batum (U)
                - Bradley Beal (R)
                This FA class isn't as deep, but a lot of good guys are available, especially at SF, our biggest need by far.

You see, waiting on 2016 just doesn't make sense when you can strike now IMO. Plus, the D-league team will not only help develop Bruno, bringing in a Vet at SF will too.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  I strongly disagree with Grange here, particularly the "last thing Raptors need on their plate is a search for a new HC." Absolute crap. Maybe Grange thinks that the 2016 offseason, with the biggest cap increase in league history, might be the right downtime for a HC search. Maybe he'd rather see them wait until 2017, when GMs also have the headache of a new CBA to deal with. Maybe he'd like it done in-season? I don't know. Please tell us Grange, when's a better time to conduct it? But I do know that right now, there's a month and a half before the draft, a couple months before free agency starts. That isn't enough time to conduct a head-coach search?
                  One has to wonder if he is too close to DC...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Names that intrigue me:

- Wilson Chandler (U)
                    - Harrison Barnes (R)
                    - Terrence Jones (R)
                    - Perry Jones (R)
                    - Nic Batum (U)
                    Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    This FA class isn't as deep, but a lot of good guys are available, especially at SF, our biggest need by far.

You see, waiting on 2016 just doesn't make sense when you can strike now IMO. Plus, the D-league team will not only help develop Bruno, bringing in a Vet at SF will too.
                    Realistically, 8 of them are SF. Of them, only 3 are UFA. Wilson Chandler (very possible), Kevin Durant (dream scenario which means not likely), and Nic Batum (was awful this year). Wouldn't necessarily bank on FA route to solve our SF.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Realistically, 8 of them are SF. Of them, only 3 are UFA. Wilson Chandler (very possible), Kevin Durant (dream scenario which means not likely), and Nic Batum (was awful this year). Wouldn't necessarily bank on FA route to solve our SF.
                      I'm not talking about next year. I'm saying this year, Apollo. Here are the top 8 guys at SF according to HoopsHype:

1. Lebron James (PO)

2. Kawhi Leonard (R)

3. Draymond Green (R)

4. Jeff Green (PO)

5. Tobias Harris (R)

6. Loul Deng (PO)

7. "The Truth" (PO)

8. Demarre Carroll (U)

I'd go after any of these guy before the guys you posted up for 2016. It would be more tricky to get some of these, but not all.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        I'm not talking about next year. I'm saying this year, Apollo. Here are the top 8 guys at SF according to HoopsHype:

1. Lebron James (PO)

2. Kawhi Leonard (R)

3. Draymond Green (R)

4. Jeff Green (PO)

5. Tobias Harris (R)

6. Loul Deng (PO)

7. "The Truth" (PO)

8. Demarre Carroll (U)

I'd go after any of these guy before the guys you posted up for 2016. It would be more tricky to get some of these, but not all.
                        Stay far far away from Pierce and Deng. Carroll, maaybe. Lebron/Leonard unattainable. Green (Draymond) slight possibility and he is the best answer on this list. But the possibility is very slight.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

1. Lebron James (PO)

2. Kawhi Leonard (R)

3. Draymond Green (R)

4. Jeff Green (PO)

5. Tobias Harris (R)

6. Loul Deng (PO)

7. "The Truth" (PO)

8. Demarre Carroll (U)

Are you sure you don't mean:

1. Demarre Carroll (U)

2. Demarre Carroll (U)

3. Demarre Carroll (U)

4. Demarre Carroll (U)

5. Demarre Carroll (U)

6. Demarre Carroll (U)

7. Demarre Carroll (U)

8. Demarre Carroll (U)

Comment

1. Lebron James (PO)

2. Kawhi Leonard (R)

3. Draymond Green (R)

4. Jeff Green (PO)

5. Tobias Harris (R)

6. Loul Deng (PO)

7. "The Truth" (PO)

8. Demarre Carroll (U)

haha gotcha. my bad.

I would add Jae Crowder to my personal list (UFA)

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Stay far far away from Pierce and Deng. Carroll, maaybe. Lebron/Leonard unattainable. Green (Draymond) slight possibility and he is the best answer on this list. But the possibility is very slight.
                              Well, you should all by now I've wanted Carroll since last year (I said Ross for DC. You all thought I was nuts. Look at em both now)

I mean, I don't think he'll cost all that much, will probably sign for 3 years max, and can help coach up Bruno and Daniels if the D-league team isn't ready next year.

Plus he does everything we need well (Plays D, Rebounds, Shoots the 3, Drives to the basket, Can dish the ball too)

The only other guy I'd take a stab at is Harris. Not many people realize how good he actually is. Either him or Khris Middleton (HH has him listed as a SG even though he can play both) are gonna be steals this year.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Well, you should all by now I've wanted Carroll since last year (I said Ross for DC. You all thought I was nuts. Look at em both now)

I mean, I don't think he'll cost all that much, will probably sign for 3 years max, and can help coach up Bruno and Daniels if the D-league team isn't ready next year.

Plus he does everything we need well (Plays D, Rebounds, Shoots the 3, Drives to the basket, Can dish the ball too)

The only other guy I'd take a stab at is Harris. Not many people realize how good he actually is. Either him or Khris Middleton (HH has him listed as a SG even though he can play both) are gonna be steals this year.
                                The Bucks love Middleton. Anyone know how much they'll be able to offer him?
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X