2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    apparantly its the summer of signing guys who are unwanted by their original teams.
    Let me know the Summer the Raps get players that their original teams want, and I'll show you a championship banner in the rafters. (Did I come off to cynical 999? If so, my bad. This Snooch dude has me snippy)

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post

Sign him. Sign him now!

Comment

• MU waited for this... its happening now

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          That was pick and roll 2 man game, that is not breaking down the defense.

That is 2 hall of famers running their play to the utmost levels of efficiency.

Comparingvamir and demar to stockton and malone....wow
          lol

Comment

• Cory Joseph in 3..... 2...... 1.......

Comment

• Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange 18m18 minutes ago

Michael Grange retweeted Mike Monroe

Raptors will come hard, I'd bet:

Michael Grange added,
              Mike Monroe @Monroe_SA
              Per league source, #Spurs have withdrawn qualifying offer to @Cory_Joe making him unrestricted FA

So many ways to be inappropriate here.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                WTH are you talking about? Thead, nor anyone here denies Demar's flaws. But you are making things up and blaming Demar for the system. This is the internet, a resource of information. If you want to know why Demar comes off curls or uses hand offs it's because if he came from the baseline up to the ball his back would be to the basket. Same reason why Bobby night stopped using down screens.

The Raps used iso ball as much as anyone last season, so this idea that Demar is dependent on picks is ridiculous. In fact, if he used screens and picks more most of us would be happier with his play.

Demar is a mediocre man defender, shoots from the most inefficient parts of the court, and is a below average 3-point shooter. I like him as a player, but I'm not blind. If he's traded tomorrow for a more efficient player you wouldn't hear me complain, but the fantasy fiction you are trying to sell is irritating as hell.

Chris Paul on the importance of ball screens

please find one instance where I said that ballscreens werent an important part of basketball, I simply stated, correctly I might add, that if a player needs to use a ballscreen in order to get into the middle then he cannot break down defenses on his own.

And all of this ties back to me stating that this team needs either a back to the basket post man to whom double will come to, or a ball handler capable of breaking down the defense.

And then it turned into how demar is great at doing just that, but in a different way, by using ball screens and handoffs, because he cannot do it on his own, but that isnt important for a player to need help to get into the middle, cause the rest of the team got nothing else to do with their time anyways....

perhaps I am missing something here in my clarity, but I still do not see how needing screens and handoffs equates to a player being able to break down the defenses of a team. that a team game working together...

Comment

please find one instance where I said that ballscreens werent an important part of basketball, I simply stated, correctly I might add, that if a player needs to use a ballscreen in order to get into the middle then he cannot break down defenses on his own.

And all of this ties back to me stating that this team needs either a back to the basket post man to whom double will come to, or a ball handler capable of breaking down the defense.

And then it turned into how demar is great at doing just that, but in a different way, by using ball screens and handoffs, because he cannot do it on his own, but that isnt important for a player to need help to get into the middle, cause the rest of the team got nothing else to do with their time anyways....

perhaps I am missing something here in my clarity, but I still do not see how needing screens and handoffs equates to a player being able to break down the defenses of a team. that a team game working together...
                  Please stop. Cory Joseph is a free agent.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post

Go Go Go
                    If he weren't Canadian would we even care? Not this much it probably the answer. If they sign him how much PT does he get? Ujirir just invested a first rounder in a big guard.

Comment

• I really like CoJo as a player. He doesn't solve our PF issue but he can basically take over the second unit, help Delon adjust and is a solid all around player.

The second unit could be very strong defensively with a grouping of CoJo, Wright, Ross, JJ, Bebe, and Bismack. Offensively, they'd have to push in transition more to score but by pacing a starter (JV & DD especially) they could be a really effective group.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        If he weren't Canadian would we even care? Not this much it probably the answer. If they sign him how much PT does he get? Ujirir just invested a first rounder in a big guard.
                        Personally, I don't care that he's Canadian.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          He's a solid 3&D style player at the point. He's young, he comes from a winning program and he's motivated. CoJo and Wright are both defenders who can switch off on many SGs, so a very versatile defensive pairing.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Is Dorrell Wright a good defender?
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

God you just never shut up.

Pick and roll ball handler frequency:
                              Tyreke Evans 31.4%
                              DeMar DeRozan 21.5%

Handoff:
                              Tyreke Evans 3.9%
                              DeMar DeRozan 6.3%

Cut:
                              Tyreke Evans: 3.0%
                              DeMar DeRozan 2.7%

Totals:
                              Evans 38.3%
                              DeRozan 30.5%

Even if you include the off-screen category which are typically down screens used to set up jump shots and not drives (led by Redick, Thompson, and Korver), the totals are 46.7% and 40.1%.

So much for your vaunted example of Tyreke Evans not using screens and handoffs. Even on straight isos he only iso'd 4% of the time more than DeMar. And on those isos his PPP was actually lower than DeMar, mainly because DeMar drew FTs at double the frequency.

I don't understand your obsession with pissing on DeMar but take it somewhere else, you pollute real discussion with all your BS.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                how would you guys feel about picking up Gigi Datome on the cheap?
                                Only if we swapped Casey with Stevens.

Comment

Working...
                                X