Couldn't the bench be

Joseph
    Wright
    Ross
    Johnson
    Biyombo

JJ is more than serviceable as a reserve PF

Delon is a 6'6" PG/SG
    It definitely could. I just think/hope they will avoid putting Ross at SF again, even in bench lineups. It's not a small-ball thing, I like small-ball. It's just that Ross isn't suited to that particular position. I would much rather see him playing as an SG most of his time on the court.

Comment

• With the CoJo signing (I do feel significantly more comfortable with the idea of him as the primary back up to Lowry than Wright), I think (outside of possible trades and the waiving of Ridnour) our roster is done. I was hoping to get him for less but I just saw how much Detroit is paying for Reggie Jackson (5/80) and then changed my mind.

KL/CuJo/Wright
      DD/Ross
      Caroll/JJ
      PP/Bruno
      JV/BB/LN

I think we sign Daniels and possibly Powell as well. I still hope there's a potential trade out there for a 4 (Houston has a gluttony of 4s and probably wouldn't cost a ton of assets to acquire one).
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
        You know what, I scared our rotation will actually look like

Jv/biyombo
        Carrol/2pat
        Ross/JJ
        Demar/cojo
        Kl/wright
        Unfortunately it could be like that and that would be a recipe for disaster.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          Could we go for Jordan Hill? If we are using PP as a starting 4... it wouldn't hurt to go after him.

That would actually be a really good pick up for the Raps. His shooting touch has improved as well, so thats a plus
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Now hoping for a JJ/Ross/BeBe for Faried deal, no picks (two first round rookie scale guys in there). Then a Dorell Wright and Chuck Hayes minimum deal to round out the roster.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Now hoping for a JJ/Ross/BeBe for Faried deal, no picks (two first round rookie scale guys in there). Then a Dorell Wright and Chuck Hayes minimum deal to round out the roster.
              I think we could be flip Lowry + Ross/JJ for Faried and Lawson

Comment

• I'm good with the roster the way it is guys.

If we can steal a PF like Bennet for nothing, I wouldn't mind that. Or even absorb T. Jones contract for Ridnour then Houston have him waived. I'd call it a day.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Can we all get off Bennet. He's so shit and will forever have weight problems.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    With the CoJo signing (I do feel significantly more comfortable with the idea of him as the primary back up to Lowry than Wright), I think (outside of possible trades and the waiving of Ridnour) our roster is done. I was hoping to get him for less but I just saw how much Detroit is paying for Reggie Jackson (5/80) and then changed my mind.

KL/CuJo/Wright
                    DD/Ross
                    Caroll/JJ
                    PP/Bruno
                    JV/BB/LN

I think we sign Daniels and possibly Powell as well. I still hope there's a potential trade out there for a 4 (Houston has a gluttony of 4s and probably wouldn't cost a ton of assets to acquire one).
                    Yeah Houston is packed with PFs:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston_rockets/

Montiejunas around 3 mill per
                    Jones -- averages about the same as Montiejunas
                    Capela -- 1.5 ish average
                    and Dorsey (no interest)

All on cheap contracts. Also, their last starting PF, is he signed anywhere yet? You have to think Josh Smith is heading back there.

Those are very get-able contracts.

Comment

• Yeah. Don't want Bennett anywhere near the Raps, either.

I wonder why people are thinking we can get Terrence Jones so easily. I know that Rockets have a surplus of PFs and need to clear cap space, but Morey would never let a talented young player go for nothing. He would probably try very hard to milk any asset he can out of the deal, and I wouldn't like to give up too much of our assets for him. I would be surprised if we got him for Ridnour and a second, for example. And yet I've seen some people here saying that's doable.

Comment

• Why do people want Bennett?
                        Good sized PF (6'8, 280 lbs, 7'1 wingspan), potential, Canadian, young (22), cheap contract (5 mil)

I'm not saying he's going to be an All-star caliber talent but it would be nice to see if he could develop into a nice role player if we can get him for next to nothing.
                        Last edited by BS10; Mon Jul 6, 2015, 12:41 AM.
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                          Why do people want Bennett?
                          Good sized PF, potential, Canadian, young, cheap contract (5 mil)
                          Yea but to start? Or are you guys saying as a bench player? I think he needs to prove he can keep his weight down, stop getting injured and play well consistently before I look at him.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            Yea but to start? Or are you guys saying as a bench player? I think he needs to prove he can keep his weight down, stop getting injured and play well consistently before I look at him.
                            He can come off the bench and prove himself in order to be in the starting line up. He's definitely not a starting line up quality player yet, no way I see him starting.

I'd still have 2pat as our starter over a guy like Bennet.
                            Last edited by BS10; Mon Jul 6, 2015, 12:46 AM.
                            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Said this before but McBob would fit nicely
                              McBob is my #2 target after Favors

Also fine with waiting at this point if neither of those are attainable for a reasonable price

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
                                Yeah. Don't want Bennett anywhere near the Raps, either.

I wonder why people are thinking we can get Terrence Jones so easily. I know that Rockets have a surplus of PFs and need to clear cap space, but Morey would never let a talented young player go for nothing. He would probably try very hard to milk any asset he can out of the deal, and I wouldn't like to give up too much of our assets for him. I would be surprised if we got him for Ridnour and a second, for example. And yet I've seen some people here saying that's doable.
                                Getting Capela, Jones or Monti you'd definitely have to add a first round pick to draw interest. Luckily, the Raps have a couple extra and that Clipper pick is probably best traded now if they can't replace Jordan.

Not sure if the Ridnour contract would be enough with a first rounder for one of those 3. But it works financially.

BS10 wrote: View Post
                                Why do people want Bennett?
                                Good sized PF, potential, Canadian, young, cheap contract (5 mil)
                                5 mill on a rookie contract is not cheap. Sports Asthma is no joke and where does he get the minutes to improve on this roster?
                                Minni is bad enough that they can get him minutes on the floor. He's better off there.

Comment

Working...
                                X