Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #73 Knicks (including some old but injured Raptors) at Raptors (including some old but rehabbing Knicks) Wednesday Mach 27th 7:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice McBride/Brunson 3 from the Nicks

Comment

McBride saw the all responses from my McBride/Trent trade suggestion 2 years ago. That's why he's going supernova. He took it seriously.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well good Dick games are all we can ask for I guess

Comment

Gueye missed breakaway dunk. Tough to watch.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Has anyone else noted the explosion of ads at the top of the page or is it just my phone?
            (and do I get any commission?)
            Yes and the site was messed up yesterday (click if you're not a BOT) looked like malware

Comment

A lot of what we're discussing yesterday, Raps need size and grit.

SN:
              “I like a big team,” says Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau.

The benefits are apparent. The Knicks lead the NBA in offensive rebounding, as just one example.

Being big is almost a state of mind. The Knicks play with a certain confidence and toughness, knowing that every position they likely have some kind of edge on their opponent.

“We have a lot of bigs, it’s very different [than Toronto], I’d say that.” said Achiuwa. “A lot of times it’s just nice to have another big guy out there.”

Comment

Yeah that was a debacle. Hope Ochai gets healthy as that looked nasty. His cries on the floor were something else too. Dick and Kelly creating some chemistry together which was nice. Nothing else to add though as we got clowned hard in this one.

Another game where the opponent was screeching hot from 3. Grayson Allen had like 6 threes in a quarter. Herb Jones / Trey Murphy were insane. And now McBride. Didn't Donte have a big game against us earlier in the year or was that last year? Just feels like we suck at playing 3pt defense. Or we make it so easy for role players to shoot in our arena. When typically role players struggle on the road.

It's hard to watch this team. But I might as well keep trucking along. Only 9 games left.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Yeah that was a debacle. Hope Ochai gets healthy as that looked nasty. His cries on the floor were something else too. Dick and Kelly creating some chemistry together which was nice. Nothing else to add though as we got clowned hard in this one.

Another game where the opponent was screeching hot from 3. Grayson Allen had like 6 threes in a quarter. Herb Jones / Trey Murphy were insane. And now McBride. Didn't Donte have a big game against us earlier in the year or was that last year? Just feels like we suck at playing 3pt defense. Or we make it so easy for role players to shoot in our arena. When typically role players struggle on the road.

It's hard to watch this team. But I might as well keep trucking along. Only 9 games left.
                  This team is 10x worse than the Tampa tank year. Also 10x worse to watch.

Most of the players that played last night aren't NBA players. Simmons, Gueye, Nwora, McDaniels, Liberty. These guys are not NBA players. You know you're bad when you continuously get outplayed by Temple who's a career bench warmer.

The Tampa tank year had Stanley, Bembry, Baynes, Yuta, Thomas, Birch, Hood. Not saying they're great but those guys were rotation players at one point in their careers.

If the Raps brought back all the players that I mentioned, then next season is gonna be another long season. You can't have those guys as "depth" pieces.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Most of the players that played last night aren't NBA players. Simmons, Gueye, Nwora, McDaniels, Liberty. These guys are not NBA players. You know you're bad when you continuously get outplayed by Temple who's a career bench warmer.

The Tampa tank year had Stanley, Bembry, Baynes, Yuta, Thomas, Birch, Hood. Not saying they're great but those guys were rotation players at one point in their careers.

If the Raps brought back all the players that I mentioned, then next season is gonna be another long season. You can't have those guys as "depth" pieces.

Yeah, true, but we're auditioning our 3rd string players, so some of the may remain, our top six is pretty set, Scottie, Jak, IQ, RJ, Gradey, Kelly. Four (!) of our top six is out. Next rotation players could be Nwora and Agbaji, but certainly not for sure, who knows what they do with Trent, Brown and Boucher, if any of these are still around, good chance they're rotation players. Also who knows what will come of the draft and the off season. So for deep bench guys, honestly, the guys you list aren't really that bad, just clearly not starters or key rotation players. Would be nice to improve the deep bench, but honestly not the teams priority at the moment, and still a lot of changes/additions to come.

Comment

I'm surprised you guys liked mediocre treadmill seasons that much
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

my guy aside from yuta the last time those dudes were rotation players were when we were tampa tanking.

what is the difference between playing those guys who figured no part in our future then and the guys we are currently playing also figure no part in our future now?

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

my guy aside from yuta the last time those dudes were rotation players were when we were tampa tanking.

what is the difference between playing those guys who figured no part in our future then and the guys we are currently playing also figure no part in our future now?
                          For sure. I watched part of the game last night (not the whole thing, I'm not some martyr) and I walked away impressed with how much better the bench could be next year with a full summer and a full training camp.

Starters Scottie, IQ, RJ, Poeltl and Gradey
                          Bench of Olynyk, Trent/Brown/FA, Agbaji

I could see Nwora being in that 9-10 slot, he's got potential but needs to learn to play D all the time instead of every now and then. Then again, with the roster churn it's hard to tell how hard they play/how smart each of these guys are on D. A lot of times there are so many weak links out there that you can hardly blame the one or two guys who look like they know what they're doing.Javon Freeman-Liberty also looks a bit like Nwora in that he could look better surrounded by better players.

McDaniels though, got to go, he's terrible. And the 905 guys are 905 guys.

Comment

Masai needs to absolutely both nail, surprise and get lucky in this draft. Let go a few players and finally sign someone of significance in FA. Not just let go a few scrubs for new scrubs .... currently no depth, no dogs.

Comment

Boucher has one more year. Trent and Nwora are UFA's. One will be back at most. Brown will be declined. What happened to Justise Winslow?
                              Last edited by 3inthekeon; Thu Mar 28, 2024, 02:40 PM.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Limited Upside wrote: View Post

For sure. I watched part of the game last night (not the whole thing, I'm not some martyr) and I walked away impressed with how much better the bench could be next year with a full summer and a full training camp.

Starters Scottie, IQ, RJ, Poeltl and Gradey
                                Bench of Olynyk, Trent/Brown/FA, Agbaji

I could see Nwora being in that 9-10 slot, he's got potential but needs to learn to play D all the time instead of every now and then. Then again, with the roster churn it's hard to tell how hard they play/how smart each of these guys are on D. A lot of times there are so many weak links out there that you can hardly blame the one or two guys who look like they know what they're doing.Javon Freeman-Liberty also looks a bit like Nwora in that he could look better surrounded by better players.

McDaniels though, got to go, he's terrible. And the 905 guys are 905 guys.
                                Properly coached and avoiding injuries, this team has the talent to be around the 6-8 seed next year. Before the injuries, you would listen to opposing broadcasters and they were almost universally impressed by the depth of talent on the roster after the trades.

Comment

Working...
                                X